Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite Faction?

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Can you play as the Golden Horde? I've never seen it the selection box, not even in the Late Middle Ages one.

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Hapsburg
    Can you play as the Golden Horde? I've never seen it the selection box, not even in the Late Middle Ages one.
    no, they are emergent faction so I pretty sure you cant play them, which is a cryin' shame

My favorite faction is a tie between the Holy Roman Empire and the Byzantine Empire.
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Scar Face's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by unworthy soldier
    no, they are emergent faction so I pretty sure you cant play them, which is a cryin' shame

My favorite faction is a tie between the Holy Roman Empire and the Byzantine Empire.
    A simple fix of this would be a mod where it lets the game play on auto till the Golden hordes emerge. Similar to what I belive a mod is doing for rtw but im not sure which one. Or hell make the game speed up to the excact date they emerge (before they capture anything) :original:

Decanus

Aragon in the early period were the only faction that could hold my interest long enough to end the game, but in general I liked anybody who started as an underdog.
    "War! What is it good for? Absolutely NOTHING!"- War, Edwin Starr

Maethius's Avatar Centenarius

My fav were the Byzantines, but then they always are. I also played a lot with Egypt and went on a crusading spree with France after i kicked English but.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

"There is nothing wrong with serving in several regiments."---Nobby Nobbs

"Not if you do it during one and the same battle"---Sgt. Colon

D3c1m80r's Avatar Laetus

My personal fave is the turkish. A typical early era army group consists of 6 Futuwwa, 2 Turcoman Horse, 2-3 Saracen Infantry , and 5-6 Khwarazmian Cavalry. Sometimes I may swap in a unit of Hashishin or something. The Turkish psition in the Early era is better than it appears because you can only be attacked by two factions unlike the HRE which has several potential enemies. Plus Egypt tends to bear the brunt of crusades so you can actually take out the Byzantines entirely and then whittle away elsewhere like taking southern russia or sicily. The sicillains I also like because they can generate just as much income as any one else from trading and their lands are more secure than those of the Italians. The Danes are also good.

The Turks are my absolute favourite. Although I'm partial to the Russians.
    "Troops should be few, but they should be excellent." - Lufti Pasha, Grand Vizier of the Ottoman Empire (1539-1541)

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I rather enjoy the Cilician Armenians, and Scottish, using the XL mod for Viking invasion. Nothing like a sheer underdog.

The golden horde is present in the Late era start. I believe you can make them playable by going into the late.txt file and changing them from minor faction to a major.

-Neb

I have a slight urge to unlock the Aragonese...
    "Troops should be few, but they should be excellent." - Lufti Pasha, Grand Vizier of the Ottoman Empire (1539-1541)

I usually play as the Danes or the Byzantines.

The Danes are tough. You have to conquer Sweden very early (for the money) and then try to get a foothold in Latvia or Lithuania while they are still rebel provinces. You cant afford to go to war against The Holy Roman Empire, Novograd or Poland too early because you just dont have the money to create a big enough army.

Default Re: Favorite Faction?

I naturally liked to play the HRE, but I've almost played and enjoyed all western European factions back in these days

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Default Re: Favorite Faction?

I wonder if resurrecting this old thread was a good idea Lützower? I’ve flagged it so Mr Moderator can close it down. After all, we already have a more recent thread which deals with the exact same issue - and you have pretty much posted the same thing right there…

Moderator: if you please, how about closing this thread down? One favorite factions thread should be more than enough here…

------------------------------------
    EDIT: Thread doublet...

Closed.
    Last edited by Axalon; June 21, 2009 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Closing thread....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123