Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A call for Disagreement

Default A call for Disagreement

To all new TWC'ers who have joined recently because of Empire Total War, and to all those who have been here for years, I have a simple request.

We've all watched this debacle unfold recently. The general consensus here seems to fault Steam and Sega for bad management decisions. That is likely the case. But I want to speak to those who haven't yet bought the game and, as a result save you the misery of purchasing this unfinished game.

The developers at Creative Assembly are good people all around. However it seems for what ever reason Empire Total War was delivered early and unfinished, to add insult to injury the game has virtually no content, poor AI and in my opinion was delivered unfinished just to make sales.

My point is this, buy the game if you wish and see for yourself. Im not lying to you. The game is unfinished and I mean really unfinished. If you want to buy the game go straight ahead its your choice.

To all those fanbois out there that call me and others like me a Troll because we have spent time on the forums explaining our dislike for this game in its unfinished condition all I can say is that its our opinion and we have as much right as you to say what we think.

If people pay for something they expect it to work, not it to be buggy as hell. If I buy a game I dont expect content to be left out on purpose so a marketing department can charge me extra for the content that should have been in my original purpose.

I have supported the creative team with my purchases and praises in the past, so as a former loyal fan I have every right now to turn and say why oh why did I put money down for such a lame effort? I must be a mug, but for treating me like a mug you have my disrespect, I don't like getting duped.

Cheers for nothing
    Last edited by Aradan; March 06, 2009 at 06:04 AM.

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

Default Re: A call for Disrespect

Go back and play Rome Total War then!

I think game is great!

seems the OP is in need of some attention ...
    may i refer your to this poll: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=232839
    Last edited by The_Dude; March 06, 2009 at 05:33 AM.

TheBlobThing's Avatar Semisalis

I think this is why you're called a troll?

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNUS454 View Post
    If people pay for something they expect it to work, not it to be some buggy piece of crap.
    You just stick one trade ship in those crappy circles and you get the trade from it
    Is it just me or does the lack of any decent manual make understanding this crappy game even worse?
    Just because people complain about the state of this crap doesnt make them a troll. I just dont agree with your fanboi devotion. Run along its time for the farmer to sheer your wool for another £££ baaah

I agree the game is bugged but there will be patches. I just hope it's made easier for the modders to produce a decent game eventually as they did with the other TW games.

Sardonicus's Avatar Biarchus

I totally agree.
    Has it become the norm, and somehow expected and acceptable that games will be unplayable at launch?
    Not to worry, they'll make a patch, or two, or three......

Well I don't expect it or accept it.

The Total War series has brought me many, many hours of enjoyment over the years starting with Shogun, then RTW, and all the great mods for that, then M2TW, the Kingdoms Excellent expansion pack...and so on up to this point.
    There has been at least one TW game installed on my machine since Shogun, and sometimes two.
    I've been a loyal fan and a supporter and have aquired ALL my games honestly and legally.

But after this mess, I highly doubt if I ever even think of buying a Total War game again.
    *Sigh*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3PT5NUroxA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYzt1ao81jU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2c_BvVBd-Q

Quote Originally Posted by heyhellowhatsnew View Post
    The Total War community is almost as bad as Monster Hunter and DOTA. Christ some of you are manchildren.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardonicus View Post
    Has it become the norm, and somehow expected and acceptable that games will be unplayable at launch?
    so how is it unplayable ?

You may call for dissent or disagreement, but you may not call for disrespect.

well, i have the game and i am enjoying it...

i respectfully disagree, i think the game works really well. If there are problems i have not found any , im sure a patch will sort asap. If i was going to moan about anything it would be STEAM.... but thats another thread

I see Lusted is on the forum atm. Now he'll know how to put it right...excellent modder.

Explaining why one doesn't like a game without using insulting terms is perfectly fine and not a troll. Everybody is entitled to one's opinion, as long as it's stated without swearing/bashing.

Sorry that you dislike the game. I, however, and i'm sure many others do, so I must respectfully disagree. But then again, i'm not experiencing any problems with the game.

Not everything is going to be to everyone's liking, but I think you should wait for a patch or two.

You know, I wasn't going to bother posting in this thread because it's bound to be locked/deleted and this subject has been beaten into the ground all day but whatever. Look, I can understand being mad, I can understand joining any one of the MULTIPLE threads all complaining about the same thing and harping about it there. I can understand that gamers shouldn't be happy with the state of pc gaming. I can understand being mad about the steam rollout that didn't happen and being mad about getting screwed out of completed units/features because they SHOULD have been included in all versions instead of being part of a money grabbing scheme. But to try and claim ignorance, to try to say you didn't expect any of this is absolutely ludicrous. I've been PC gaming for 14 years now, and I can tell you that launching incomplete software s it could be patched later has been in issue for practically all 14 of them. It's gotten especially bad since the advent of broadband, but even that was over 5 years ago. It's the way the industry works, PERIOD.

Ok, well if u dont like it (for one of your...starANGE reasons) dont play it! me however, cant wait to enjoy the game! i dont care about bugs and crashes that happens sometimes wtih med 2 also. I dont really care its still AWESOME!!! i'd have to say-Congragulations CA for your best game yet!-if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Explaining why one doesn't like a game without using insulting terms is perfectly fine and not a troll. Everybody is entitled to one's opinion, as long as it's stated without swearing/bashing.
    Quite.

However characterizing anyone who disagrees with as a fanboi (sp?) and calling for disrespect turns his tirade into a two way street.

I have not found this game unplayable in any way whatsoever. Nor is it a "buggy piece of crap".

Could it be improved? No doubt. Will it be without a doubt.

Knight of cydonia's Avatar Tiro

Wow, it's like he's trying to be witty and smart but it's not working.

If you don't like it go play your Nintendo DS.........

Lets be brutally honest here, I know that I am a minority here. Afterall this is a forum run for the benefit of fans of the total war genre. I am a fan of the total war series, what I am not a fan of is this ridiculous game I have just paid for. To have a sticky telling us to give respect just fuels more people like me to state what a failure this game is on release, thats all.

In response to calling someone a fanboi, I think most forums use that term to explain anyone who blindly enjoys a game regardless of its condition.

The game works like a dream on my computer, i have ecounted one bug so far, and that's a naval battle that apprently was bugged that i could not fight it, if i tried it froze the game. Fix: Just retreat the navy and attack next round, i can live with that, and it only happend once

The AI is abseloutly brilliant, it has outsmarted me un-countable times and is what i would call the best AI in a game i'v seen. Several times they have slicked cavalry behind my lines and crushed my defences where i sit infront of my screen with a open jaw.

I HIGHLY recommend you buy this game as it is one of the best, if not the best, Strategy Games on the market, don't listen to MAGNUS454 apprently he has had some installation issues, lack of preformance and is blameing it on the game.
    http://www.gamersgate.com?caff=1905421
    Support GamersGate! The cheaper solution to online gaming. Note, when clicking the link above you'll be giving me a "blue coin" score (Discounts). If you have no interest in such, use the following link: http://www.gamersgate.com

Lets be brutally honest here, I know that I am a minority here. Afterall this is a forum run for the benefit of fans of the total war genre. I am a fan of the total war series, what I am not a fan of is this ridiculous game I have just paid for. To have a sticky telling us to give respect just fuels more people like me to state what a failure this game is on release, thats all.

In response to calling someone a fanboi, I think most forums use that term to explain anyone who blindly enjoys a game regardless of its condition.
    Everyone knows what a fanboi is, the problem is the term is getting thrown around entirely too often.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast