Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug Reports

If you're looking for which textures go to which, check DMB in conjunction with EDU.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Don't know if it is a bug or just not ready yet, but the iphicratean hoplites still apear as peasants in their ui card.

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Default Re: Suggestions and requests

There is something I have noticed and I don't think I've seen it mentioned by anyone else. There are several areas that have iron but since they can only grow to large city there can be no forge. To me it just seems like a waste of the iron.

It could be considered a waste, but it makes the cities that have iron and can get to huge size all the more important. Also, iron can still be trade and gives revenue.

There is a town in Gaul called Vienna. Shouldn't it be called Vienne instead? That's what it's called on maps I have looked at. And I know in Civ 4 the Celts make a town called Vienne.

Also noticed that shipyards and dockyards don't show up in the building browser.

And recently I had a strange bug in a game as Baktria. I eventually took the 3 towns in India and built odeons in them. I then set a couple of them to yearly drama contest and a couple turn later I noticed my odeons were gone in all 3 towns, but it still showed the little arena icon. So I rebuilt them and it happened again. I realize this could be a bug with the game itself and not the mod. It was pretty strange that's for sure.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

It' a game bug.
    You should build odeons, arenas, taverns or excecution squares only after you build a colony of your culture.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I started a campaign as the Germans today and I went to conquer the city south-east of my territory controled by the Boii rebels and the cavalry unit there has a unit card like the peasants. So do some other unit cards. This is from the latest version. You can check the unit cards on Custom battles too.
    Caius Valerius Messala
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by stormer View Post
    I started a campaign as the Germans today and I went to conquer the city south-east of my territory controled by the Boii rebels and the cavalry unit there has a unit card like the peasants. So do some other unit cards. This is from the latest version. You can check the unit cards on Custom battles too.
    As we mostly lack the resources to create our own unit cards, the recent influx of new units means some don't have their own cards yet. If you tells us the name and faction of units missing cards we'll mark those for the next round of UI cards.

I noticed a text bug with the Heavy Persian Cavalry, namely, for me, their long description
    doesn't show up on the unit card. Strange, even though the text entry for them in the
    export_units looks right...

EDIT: I also noticed something wierd with the Iberian late general's Cavalry
    Bodyguard(maybe Carthage's, too?). When I tried a campaign battle where they
    were present, I got a CTD stating something like "could not find texture
    HORSE HALF ARMOURED CARTHAGE.TGA", or something like that.

EDIT2: I found the problem, first off, it was a problem with Iberia only.
    2nd, their late general's mount needed a DMB entry, which I remedied.
    It works now, for me. Cheers!
    Last edited by Silver Legionary; October 05, 2009 at 07:47 AM.

Anakarsis's Avatar Biarchus

Just installed version ALpha 4.0 and put "loyalty on" on installation, but it does not appears in Greek Cities characters. I tried the installation both with and without the BI.exe enabled, and its the same...

Miles

BI.exe, no senate.
    Greek armoured phalangites have 12 attack. Spartans have 2 HP.

And a question: have archers and skirmishers been re-balanced yet ?

Also I think base number of early greek bodyguards should be doubled as in EB.

So senate and loyalty are mutually incompatible, then?

Anakarsis,
    I'll check the about loyalty. I haven't changed anything regarding that in a while, so it should work.

ShadowLT,
    I forgot to take away the second hitpoint for Spartans outside of the Senate version. But I played against them on Hard and they will die, it takes a lot of javelins and then some, but they will die. As for Greek bodyguards, I don't think we can double them, but we'll look into that.

Its very strange because its seems to be there, it just do not show up in the characters...īm pretty sure that it must be an instalation problem....ishould try re-intelling the RTW and installing the mod in a surely-clean fold

Miles

You can double them like this:

soldier greek_heavy_hoplite, 10, 0, 1.5, 0.3

Change 10 into 20 and the bodyguards are doubled.

And I was asking about missile units in general. IMO, 9 missile attack is too much for elite archers, I mean with couple exp points they can penetrate most armor(from back). 6 or 5 would be enough for elites and 3 and 4 for regular archers. And in order to compensate attack loss, range could be increased for all archers and slingers by 30-50.

I'll tone down ranged damage slightly.
    Missile range has been toned down for realism purposes, at the time most western skirmishers (including archers) were supposed to be in front of the battle line and not to bombard the enemy from behind.
    Easterners are a different story but still they were human, not artillery pieces

About greek armoured phalangites: are you talking about primary or secondary?
    IIRC (can't check from work) professional level units should have 10 attack and pikes should have 2/3 of the class attack skill.

Anakarsis: senate and loyalty are compatible, at least in 3.3.5 I always play with both active.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Miles

Primary, their pike attack now is 12.

It shouldn't be more than 7.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Primicerius

Got a CTD going in to my first battle of the campaign as Carthage: an assault on Cirta.

Here's the show_err:
    failed to find texture
    'xc/data/models_unit/eb/textures/eb_persian_heavy_cavalry_armenia.tga.dds'.
    I love the new unit's/unit balances, btw, I've played some custom battles and its great. Carthage's roster in particular looks spectacular.

There is a line missing in DMB. The entry is at about 2180, east_persian_heavy_cavalry; add an entry for numidia.