Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Default Re: Bug Reports

You know how allergic to scripts I am
    Slightly higher starting money and a few temples of Hera around should balance it out nicely, there's also a thing or two I'm considering to spice up the east (right now I made it a bit too easy to hold as long as there's money).
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    You know how allergic to scripts I am
    Slightly higher starting money and a few temples of Hera around should balance it out nicely, there's also a thing or two I'm considering to spice up the east (right now I made it a bit too easy to hold as long as there's money).
    Well, if I can get the advice thread to trigger, it will be nothing.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

In that case you might want to tie it to the garrison script (there should be an if condition to check for buildings present)
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

suggested changes for seleucid campaign

money: +5000
    add farms:

- amida
    - arbela
    - edessa
    - nisa

script: attached proposed amended script file (senate)
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Im having problems with the newest version i think 3.3 i get a ctd when playing as bactria it says cant find texture data/models_unit/textures/horse_heavy_SR.tga

Replace that texture with this one "MOUNT_HORSE_HEAVY_BRITON.TGA" in descr_model_battle.

small bug in the seleucid campaign:

Baktra gets one temple in desc_strat then the script gives them another one, resulting in a huge bonus over there.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

LucretiusTC's Avatar Biarchus

I made some quick checks with the latest version (XC 3.3.1) and there seem to be some problems with those Provincial campaigns. First four campaigns seem to be okay, but I canīt access to those last ones from Julius Caesar to Syracuse.

Then in Sabaean campaign the settlement Opone (Azania) should rename as Avalites (Punt) that would suit for its new location.

Finally when I quitted the whole game there was a following error message.
    Script error in xc/data/maps/campaign/custom/Steppes/descr_regions.txt, at line 675, column 44. Unrecognised: “steppes_pl.” as a region resource class (or hidden resource).

Luc.
    Last edited by LucretiusTC; August 02, 2009 at 10:07 AM.

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

When I try to launch the game, I get the starting screen but after that a CTD. Then follows an message saying:

Script Error in xc/data/descr_items.txt, at line 15, column 9.
    include file not found in data/descr_items/: di_spot_items.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    small bug in the seleucid campaign:

Baktra gets one temple in desc_strat then the script gives them another one, resulting in a huge bonus over there.
    I knew about that one and forgot to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by LucretiusTC View Post
    I made some quick checks with the latest version (XC 3.3.1) and there seem to be some problems with those Provincial campaigns. First four campaigns seem to be okay, but I canīt access to those last ones from Julius Caesar to Syracuse.

Then in Sabaean campaign the settlement Opone (Azania) should rename as Avalites (Punt) that would suit for its new location.

Finally when I quitted the whole game there was a following error message.
    Script error in xc/data/maps/campaign/custom/Steppes/descr_regions.txt, at line 675, column 44. Unrecognised: “steppes_pl.” as a region resource class (or hidden resource).

Luc.
    Yeah, I'll get the steppe resource problem and settlement name fixed. About the other provincial campaigns, if you try to load a provincial campaign but get kicked back to the menu or there is some other error, the other ones won't load, even if they work, without restarting RTW.

Quote Originally Posted by TM Is Back View Post
    When I try to launch the game, I get the starting screen but after that a CTD. Then follows an message saying:

Script Error in xc/data/descr_items.txt, at line 15, column 9.
    include file not found in data/descr_items/: di_spot_items.txt
    Try reinstalling first, if that doesn't fix it I'll see what I can do. (Also, try using the uninstaller to clear it out, but first copy your saves somewhere.)
    Last edited by CaesarVincens; August 02, 2009 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaesarVincens View Post
    Try reinstalling first, if that doesn't fix it I'll see what I can do. (Also, try using the uninstaller to clear it out, but first copy your saves somewhere.)
    Already did that three times.

Ok, then can you give me a bit more info, install options, etc.? Otherwise, just try commenting out that line in that file and see what happens.

C-Rob's Avatar Primicerius

okay, I got a crash in version... 3.2.6 In the winter of 259 BC , I end my turn and the game CTD's, but I get no error message. To get error messages shouldn't my shortcut look like this- ""H:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\allmodfolderedrtwmods\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:xc" that was auto from the installer. It is patched to 1.5 and 1.6 for both Bi and vanilla, and I just reinstalled the entire game and mod today, but still get a crash in the specific year. Playing as the romans... Um, the inde greeks just became normal greeks the turn before... playing with loyalty on obviously, autosave on, BI exe, faster movement, reduce bonusi, no carthagian senate, less noticeable borders, yes red line for battles.

Even Vanilla has this sort of thing so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't something I coudl get help with here. I just managed to wrestle control of the seas from carthage... I'd hate to start over!
    Last edited by C-Rob; August 02, 2009 at 09:50 PM.

Unfortunately, there really isn't much I can say. You might try disabling the AI for one turn. To do that type disable_ai into the console before hitting end turn, if it doesn't crash great, type run_ai into the console and continue playing.

Quote Originally Posted by CaesarVincens View Post
    Ok, then can you give me a bit more info, install options, etc.? Otherwise, just try commenting out that line in that file and see what happens.
    Unfortunately I have no experience in doing things with files..... I would not know witch line I should delete, as I see no collumns in the file.

I had:
    BI.exe on
    Loyalty on
    Land Bridges on
    No Red Line on
    Prometheus Cities on

One thing also, could you upload your install.txt file that was created by the installer? It will be in the same location as the installer was when you installed.
    As for the line, there should be a line near the top which says something like "di_spot_items.txt" put a ';' in front of that and hopefully that will fix your problem.

Default Re: Extended Cultures Discussion

CV, I'm getting CTD on start.

Extended Greek Mod-Extended Cultures: Senate version 3.3.2

BI: Yes
    Alex: No
    Steam: No
    Movement Rates: Slower
    Landbridges: Off
    Border style: XC
    Red Line: Off
    Prometheus Cities: Installed
    AI Bonuses: Reduced
    Loyalty: On
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Default Re: Extended Cultures Discussion

I get CTD too at the same as Zarax.

Extended Greek Mod-Extended Cultures: Senate version 3.3.2

BI: Yes
    Alex: No
    Steam: No
    Movement Rates: Faster
    Landbridges: Off
    Border style: XC
    Red Line: Off
    Prometheus Cities: Installed
    AI Bonuses: Reduced
    Loyalty: On
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

LucretiusTC's Avatar Biarchus

I made some tests with the latest version XC 3.32 (chosen install options: BI exe, Land Bridges, No Red Line, Reduce AI Bonuses, Enable Loyalty). I have used those reduced bonuses only recently because then I wonīt be forced to use so much blitzkrieg tactics on H/H level. Here is a bug report.

Now most of the Provincial Campaigns seem to be okay, except I canīt access these ones: Julius Caesar, Massalia and Pergamon. The region around Olbia should be renamed as Scythia Minor as comparing to Scythia Major. Ascaucalis (Tribus Gotones) seem to be empty, there is no garrison and no wooden palisade for protection. Then there are two roads that comes southwards to Rhagae, and maybe the western one of two roads could go straight to Rhagae (the settlement would be in the same place, but the road would be moved a little bit westwards).

Finally when I quitted the game, there was this kind of error message:
    Generic Error: DATABASE_TABLE error found: unrecognised record id roman infantry auxilia requested.

Luc.
    Last edited by LucretiusTC; August 05, 2009 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LucretiusTC View Post
    I made some tests with the latest version XC 3.32 (chosen install options: BI exe, Land Bridges, No Red Line, Reduce AI Bonuses, Enable Loyalty). I have used those reduced bonuses only recently because then I wonīt be forced to use so much blitzkrieg tactics on H/H level. Here is a bug report.

Now most of the Provincial Campaigns seem to be okay, except I canīt access these ones: Julius Caesar, Massalia and Pergamon. The region around Olbia should be renamed as Scythia Minor as comparing to Scythia Major. Ascaucalis (Tribus Gotones) seem to be empty, there is no garrison and no wooden palisade for protection. Then there are two roads that comes southwards to Rhagae, and maybe the western one of two roads could go straight to Rhagae (the settlement would be in the same place, but the road would be moved a little bit westwards).

Finally when I quitted the game, there was this kind of error message:
    Generic Error: DATABASE_TABLE error found: unrecognised record id roman infantry auxilia requested.

Luc.
    The reason I haven't renamed Scythia is because there is already a Scythia Parva, so Scythia Minor seems excessive. I'll check on Ascaucalis, I thought I fixed it for the imperial campaign at least. I can't affect roads directly. I'll see if I can figure out what's going on with the last error and the start up error as well.

EDIT:
    Well, I think I fixed the Caesar campaign (which was causing the generic error).
    Last edited by CaesarVincens; August 05, 2009 at 12:02 PM.