Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug Reports

Tried installing Alpha2 installer. I still see no Alex.exe or BI.exe option. I tried to install the latest version of XGM in same folder, just in case. All went fine. All exe options showed up.
    Last edited by Stilgar CG; October 31, 2009 at 11:00 AM.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

I'm 100% that exe works as I installed it several times in the past.
    Looks like you're going to need a non-clone install...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    I'm 100% that exe works as I installed it several times in the past.
    Looks like you're going to need a non-clone install...
    I just loaded version 3.3.5 and tried to install. same result: no exe options in the list. Weird. Anyway, it looks like I'll have to do some installing indeed, Zarax.
    Last edited by Stilgar CG; October 31, 2009 at 11:06 AM.

The installer detects your game version based on the registry, so a cloned copy may not be detected correctly. When I have time, I want to rearrange some of the install set up, so I'll see if I can improve .exe detection.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Quote Originally Posted by CaesarVincens View Post
    The installer detects your game version based on the registry, so a cloned copy may not be detected correctly. When I have time, I want to rearrange some of the install set up, so I'll see if I can improve .exe detection.
    I see what you mean, CV, and it all make sense now. My previous XC installs were done on another PC, which had RTW 1.9 install and a registry entry, and all went well. So, your installer was too smart for me . I'll install RTW and give it another try.

I hope it works. Otherwise, I should have a small exe to convert your install anyway.

Mod is up and running, CV. As soon as I installed RTW 1.9, the installer did the job. So, all systems go .
    Last edited by Stilgar CG; October 31, 2009 at 02:47 PM.

Have fun
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Have fun
    I am, btw. Pushing Macs out of Peloponnesus at the moment. I miss cavalry bodyguards, I must say. I just defeated a Mac's stack, but 1/3 of them escaped, cause my only "cavalry" were peltasts .

P.S. Carthagian campaign is awaiting its turn. You know, unfinished business in Italy ...
    Last edited by Stilgar CG; October 31, 2009 at 02:48 PM.

Glad it worked, ME.

Well, it was my fault in the end. I should have checked if I have an RTW install on my PC before installing the mod

I'l keep spamming this threat, with your permission. In a siege in my GCS campaign (I was attacker), I found my general bodyguard unit carrying the ladder. Since there is not button to drop the ladder for this unit, I had to let my general to climb the wall (that was my only ladder ). Fortunately, there was no one to stop them. So, happy end; general - man of the hour. But, this could pose a problem on another ocassion, I guess.

Hmm, I need to test that, let me see what can be done.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to prevent the generals from taking the ladder.
    However, if you press the withdraw button they will drop whatever siege weaponry is in their hands.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

However, if you press the withdraw button they will drop whatever siege weaponry is in their hands.
    Great tip, Zarax! I should have thought of that.

Finnally figured it out. i had to reinstall everything but now i can take out landbridges, yay

I'm glad you got it worked out. Happy playing, Tazen.

Just a heads up there are bugs when you try to view cities. Not in a battle but when you use the "View City" button. I just used this for the Romans but you will find many buggs for many other faction using that button.

What do you mean by "bugs"? Does it crash? Are the buildings not showing up correctly? Or the units?

Oh just the usual CTD when ever you try to load a city.