Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36617677787980818283848586878889 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1780

Thread: Bug Reports

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Default Re: Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Legionary View Post
    Ran into a pre-battle error while attempting to repel a Ptolemaic siege as Rome, 275 imperial campaign.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Aside from a few end-of-AI-turn CTDs(that reloading fixes anyways), campaign mode has gone relatively smoothly.

It will be fixed in version 1.0.3 which I did some performance update.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppanut View Post
    It will be fixed in version 1.0.3 which I did some performance update.
    With a high expectation on that. I loved the mod, but something isn't right with my experience.

Have the following CTD´s:

1 - "Army of slaves across Italy" - try to replay the campaign three times, always crash on this. When loading the autosave or save, not a mention about the slaves, playing normally...

2 - In one of these campaigns, I went as far as 154 BCE, but no a single Greek Faction was able to build a Imperial Palace neither upgrade their towns despite having more them 24k population. It's even strange because the growth rates are simply in many times inexistent - it's a real suffering to make a city reach 12k pops, only two cities have reached without transfers of peasants - Rome and Capua. So, no reforms. Just an example - the Greek Cities possess Athenai with 25k people since 207 BCE, and in 154 they simple didn't upgrade the town. In fact, looks like they build nothing new in the city. Even with the use of cheats ("process_cq") or money "donnations" to the Greek Cities, no progress.

3 - Several CTDs after hours of playing, without any apparent reason, by example: one time trying to do battle, other simple passing the turn.

I already have reinstalled the mod two times, but these problems keep going. Hope to see a solution, because I loved it. It's well designed, the building trees are challenging...the battles demand some tactical knowledge, well, a great mod.

Quote Originally Posted by SandroTM View Post
    With a high expectation on that. I loved the mod, but something isn't right with my experience.

Have the following CTD´s:

1 - "Army of slaves across Italy" - try to replay the campaign three times, always crash on this. When loading the autosave or save, not a mention about the slaves, playing normally...

2 - In one of these campaigns, I went as far as 154 BCE, but no a single Greek Faction was able to build a Imperial Palace neither upgrade their towns despite having more them 24k population. It's even strange because the growth rates are simply in many times inexistent - it's a real suffering to make a city reach 12k pops, only two cities have reached without transfers of peasants - Rome and Capua. So, no reforms. Just an example - the Greek Cities possess Athenai with 25k people since 207 BCE, and in 154 they simple didn't upgrade the town. In fact, looks like they build nothing new in the city. Even with the use of cheats ("process_cq") or money "donnations" to the Greek Cities, no progress.

3 - Several CTDs after hours of playing, without any apparent reason, by example: one time trying to do battle, other simple passing the turn.

I already have reinstalled the mod two times, but these problems keep going. Hope to see a solution, because I loved it. It's well designed, the building trees are challenging...the battles demand some tactical knowledge, well, a great mod.
    I will have free time this weekend, I promise to try to fix them as much as possible and release within that time.

I've been running a Rome EC V campaign focusing on learning the building tree and not on expanding my faction.

1) I don't know if this is a bug but a rebel army consisting of 1 man units showed up. I don't remember ever seeing this before.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rebels1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	180.6 KB 
ID:	360681

2) Also, a question about scripting. Is there supposed to be a script for this mod?

3) Also, after about 120 turns only the Sarmations are making a move and only Macedon has been eliminated. I'm surrounded by large Rebel armies but no faction has tried to attack me since early on. Hope this is of some use.

Name:	Regions1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	360680

Next morning (having completed building every possible building in Rome after leveling it at the beginning):

4) I had three CTDs during the campaign while scrolling around campaign map.

5) Rebel armies clog the map wherever there are rebel cities. The rebels are far and away the strongest militarily.

Name:	Rebels2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	251.4 KB 
ID:	360686

6 Parthia also started to expand while Sarmatia reached a peak and began to decline.

Name:	Regions2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	360688

Name:	Regions3.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	360687
    Last edited by Gaius Julius Caesar II; February 14, 2020 at 06:56 AM. Reason: additional info
    I'm OldTotalWarrior on YouTube.

1) This issue is mysterious to me, I will look into it

2) Script is mostly suppressed for the moment, but not all of them get suppressed. I still in process of prepare for next version of traits and script files

3) Reason why no one attack you at this point is due to you are not their biggest threat, the biggest threat is slave rebel

4) about map scrolling ctd, I will look into it, please tell me which version you play with.

5) I feed slave ambrosia so they are almighty here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppanut View Post
    1) This issue is mysterious to me, I will look into it

2) Script is mostly suppressed for the moment, but not all of them get suppressed. I still in process of prepare for next version of traits and script files

3) Reason why no one attack you at this point is due to you are not their biggest threat, the biggest threat is slave rebel

4) about map scrolling ctd, I will look into it, please tell me which version you play with.

5) I feed slave ambrosia so they are almighty here.
    Thanks for the response. I'm using version V 1.0.4.
    I'm OldTotalWarrior on YouTube.

The game crashes every time, when I look at Scythia (modern Ukraine).

Quote Originally Posted by FLAVIVS CLAVDIVS IVLIANVS View Post
    The game crashes every time, when I look at Scythia (modern Ukraine).
    I've actually found the solution. The game kept crushing, cuz I had a fix, that makes the game much less laggy, but it makes this mod less stable.

Hi,

firstly, great mod! I’ve been playing xc for years and am now enjoying xc5 as selucia vh/vh.
    i am playing the latest version in steam bi and had no problem installing with satraps, steam and nothing else risky I believe and I’m on windows 10. I do seam to crash a lot and unfortunately, I then have to manually turn of my pc which is not great as I have all my work on the pc. I’m not overly technical with game files, but is there any tips to make the mod more stable?
    if I can provide you with any more info I will try to. The crashes are random from during battles during turn and at end of turn. After restarting where I left off before crashing I am always able to continue Without it crashing again.
    thanks once again for your dedication to the mod over the years I will post elsewhere on the forum my thoughts on the new building tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrogamelad View Post
    Hi,

firstly, great mod! I’ve been playing xc for years and am now enjoying xc5 as selucia vh/vh.
    i am playing the latest version in steam bi and had no problem installing with satraps, steam and nothing else risky I believe and I’m on windows 10. I do seam to crash a lot and unfortunately, I then have to manually turn of my pc which is not great as I have all my work on the pc. I’m not overly technical with game files, but is there any tips to make the mod more stable?
    if I can provide you with any more info I will try to. The crashes are random from during battles during turn and at end of turn. After restarting where I left off before crashing I am always able to continue Without it crashing again.
    thanks once again for your dedication to the mod over the years I will post elsewhere on the forum my thoughts on the new building tree.
    download minimal sound use patch for XC5 from moddb site. it would make game more stable due to lower background memory usage.

Laetus

Here is a good one: game stops responding (ie freezes) in battle during deployment phase. Too bad because this mod looks amazing! Really look forward to playing it, so much that I will re-install rtw from steam if I must.

Hi guys, thanks for your earlier reply. I have noticed something quite disappointing.

1 The auxiliary barracks level 3 are Not possible to build when you have a supervised native administration. It seems only possible to build with a allied tributary, which is not how it used to be in xc4 ��. Particularly disappointing at Galatia due to the poor public order.

as Armenia I’m struggling to get access to Greek heavy inf on the nearest Black Sea coastal city and Georgian swords in the caucuses. Or pikemen as Pontus ��

2 the scripted cities no longer trigger big armies and in my opinion this is a shame for two reasons; attacking your enemies Capitol should be a challenge and you could always not click the icon if you didn’t want the stack to spawn. This is also away for campaigns like the Indian faction to have more challenge before the rebels have time to build up their force, which they do quite nicely by the time you get further south.

3 I think mines are overpowered and trade caravans are underpowered at present.

4 Greek city states always steam rolls macadon and Epirus although I like how they attack anotolia by sea!

i have made some notes of more specific crashes, one was roman militia spanning in Crimea during revolt which always crashed in battle mode which I’ll post about later.

One of the best mods.The battles seem to me the best of all the mods I've played.However it is a big problem with the battles against the rebels,the game always has CTD.I suspect "rabble" is to blame.descr_model_battle says nothing about them.Sorry for my english.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoderic View Post
    Here is a good one: game stops responding (ie freezes) in battle during deployment phase. Too bad because this mod looks amazing! Really look forward to playing it, so much that I will re-install rtw from steam if I must.
    Seem to be formation problem (unable to deploy or units into template, tend to happen when stack composition is abnormal), now I am in process root out formation problem, would you mind send me unit composition of enemy stack and its factionin that battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Marcius Rex View Post
    One of the best mods.The battles seem to me the best of all the mods I've played.However it is a big problem with the battles against the rebels,the game always has CTD.I suspect "rabble" is to blame.descr_model_battle says nothing about them.Sorry for my english.
    Would you mind send me save file?

rabble is handler units, dependent animal (but men in this case) are using hardcoded undefined generic textures as define by model (which in conflict with merc slot texture, that why they left undefined in DMB). If I defined that in DMB, model texture would bug and turn them into Silver Serfer (pun-intended)

Edited: Source of ctd found, it is due to unit is overcapacity on huge size setting, it could not be more than 931 at huge size, so number of soldiers per units of rabble reduced from 60 to 58 with each of them have 3 animal dependent (+4 for captain and their animals) as maximum possible as engine could accept
    Last edited by Suppanut; May 17, 2020 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrogamelad View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for your earlier reply. I have noticed something quite disappointing.

1 The auxiliary barracks level 3 are Not possible to build when you have a supervised native administration. It seems only possible to build with a allied tributary, which is not how it used to be in xc4 ��. Particularly disappointing at Galatia due to the poor public order.

as Armenia I’m struggling to get access to Greek heavy inf on the nearest Black Sea coastal city and Georgian swords in the caucuses. Or pikemen as Pontus ��
    Armenia still able to get Georgian swordsmen as well as Pontus still able to get pikemen but requirement is much more complicate as now you also need blacksmith and craftmen buildings of certain levels to access them (read description for detail, learn to be good bureaucrat is needed to be good XC5 player) Pontus's pikemen also additionally requires greek or hellenistic colony at level 3 or higher present in region too.

2 the scripted cities no longer trigger big armies and in my opinion this is a shame for two reasons; attacking your enemies Capitol should be a challenge and you could always not click the icon if you didn’t want the stack to spawn. This is also away for campaigns like the Indian faction to have more challenge before the rebels have time to build up their force, which they do quite nicely by the time you get further south.
    Script is now not working due to traits need to be rewritten and now I am single coder of this mod but my free time get less and less as I get older.

3 I think mines are overpowered and trade caravans are underpowered at present.
    majority of income resource in that period was coming from mines which was how single region of gold mine could pay for almost full stack of phalangites and companions for Philip II (Alexander's father) at cost of inflation and now caravan power come mainly with power to control inflation in settlement (and factionwide in higher level). Now power of caravan is not that low, just that it mainly increase income from land trade rather (equivalent another levels of road) but not influence sea trade at all (except sea trade route like tin trade and indian ocean trade)

4 Greek city states always steam rolls macadon and Epirus although I like how they attack anotolia by sea!
    Balance issue is delicated, location of Greek Cities States starting position is favorable for sea trade and their income could grow much faster.

I'm not good at balancing thing. I hope Zarax would have time to balance this for me, but his real life issue make him has to lay down from this mod.

i have made some notes of more specific crashes, one was roman militia spanning in Crimea during revolt which always crashed in battle mode which I’ll post about later.
    This is weird issue, I want to know more in detail.

Thank you Suppanut for your detailed reply. I should apologise for my claim about not being able to recruit pikemen and Galatians! I went on to my campaign and re red the building tree in more detail, I then used some cheats to play around with the buildings and was able to recruit all of Pontus best units from xc4. I then reloaded my save before cheats and after 20-30 turns had built the correct buildings.

The new buildings are 5 stars, once you get used to the new construction tree and read through the detailed descriptions.

tips for other players:

crop rotation I believe is the key to getting high level auxiliary barracks and you need hinterland to do it.

In each building description at the bottom it tells you what is required to upgrade the building to next level

if you can’t find the building you want in the city’s building tree tab then look for it in another city’s building tree or find a city that already has the building to read its information page

the slower building process adds to the challenge of the mod and gives you something to build in to middle and late campaign.

my Pontus campaign!

The sarmatian front is even better now with extra city’s and a re worked map for the area. The cherry on top is the amazing river which you can sail down. Sarmatia is as brutal as ever and requires a series of raids garrisons and forts to maintain control.

the only problem is city’s that revolt, create peasants, slaves which you can’t fight on battle map.
    crash with descriptions Such as roman militia. Could the city’s that revolt have peasants and slaves removed from game please When you get some time in next patch?

the game is excellent, the sailing down rivers changes the whole game and should be expanded if possible.

the ai balance is very good, Rome is more expansionists than in xc4 and Seleucia more fragile which is realistic.

I will add the exact crash errors for you over the weekend.

Thank you for feedback.

I have just fix rabble problem recently after release 1.0.4. This fix would be included in next official version.

I hestitate about release next version as some said that my battlefield ai still far from perfect.

Laetus

Playing XC5 on BI. CTD when trying to engage Spartacus or Crixus. I changed my Video settings and used a smaller attack force but still crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmdr Lucian View Post
    Playing XC5 on BI. CTD when trying to engage Spartacus or Crixus. I changed my Video settings and used a smaller attack force but still crashing.
    Please send me savegame for me to analyze.