Hello MasterOfNone and all you others,

Then there are two of us at least. The boundaries between the TW-games and the dedicated areas for ’em are there for good and valid reasons. The games are different and while it might be possible to find some kind of common ground or similarities here and there on various levels, it usually is not sufficient or strong enough excuse for starting posting about it in the wrong sections - and especially so in unrelated discussions at that (as a rule; always think twice before doing any such potential thing – regardless who you are or what you trying to accomplish). That’s my take on it and most of this is pretty much common sense and a tad of temperance….

Now, and I say this for the future and not the past, and to make it less abstract I will use the familiar VI2-project as an example. I personally believe that the instant lockdown-scenario in the MTW-section would have probably provided the best possible solution for the VI2-case, with all different interests in mind here.

It would have still provided some exposure for the VI-inspired project and a link were to go for those who were interested in it (that would have made you, MoN and the rest of the VI2-team happy). It would also not be able to disrupt or bother the little traffic these parts actually do have and the “regular” discussions/threads here would still remain focused on MTW/STW - as supposed too - considering how things are actually set up here at the TWC (this would have made me and possibly others happy). And everything would have thus stayed essentially within the regular framework of the various sections of the forum – which also are there to make it easier for us all to sort out and find all the information we might be looking for here at the TWC.

This way, nobody could ever forward any serious questions as for why this notice was present in the MTW-area (because it simply would have been out of proportion to do so). And, the TWC staff would have one less thread to worry about (and the credibility of the staff responsible would have also remained intact as well, not to mention all the people involved in this affair). And, none of the regrettable stuff that did happen could have ever happened since that would be impossible due to the lockdown. And, the notice would “disappear” on its own accord as time went by….

This would, in my mind, probably be the best solution and scenario for all – including the project as well. Of course it’s pretty easy to wise-up afterwards, but that don’t exclude the possibility that we can all still learn something out of the mistakes made here, now does it?

Any more or other comments? Otherwise I will leave it at that and from now
on assume that the fundamentals pointed out are satisfactory for all of us.

- Cheers