Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The World Map Community Project

Default Re: The World Map Community Project

The way to add the rest of the map is to cut what you want out of the mesh, paint the .tga's/.dds's accordingly, Fix the camera, and then a whole lot of editing in startpos.esf and regions.esf.

well as i think the green is the navigatable areas and the green passages are the links between the maps

Ho about new factions? when all of the map is unlocked, who is going to own it?

please add antarctica

is it really possible to add more regions to empire? i thought it was impossible cause the right mod tools aren't out yet.

We are trying to find out mod tools or not.

i hope that it will be possible! good luck!

very cool idea guys hooray
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Tiro

How is it going ?

I don't know, no one seems to post here anymore. I suppose you can check the mod workshop for startpos.esf and regions.esf progress...

Indefinitely Banned

3 cheers for a world map!!!

Unless we have someone with computer knowledge and parsing skills who wants to tackle maps, this project is dead.

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

Thats a very discouraging last post..... You can't possibly be saying that we won't ever see a mod for ETW the caliber of Stainless Steel. Why won't King Kong like focus all of his abilities, and all of his friends abilities into solving this? I mean it can't be that hard?

(I know jack about computers, I just hope what the poster above said isn't true )

It's pretty disheartening to see CA just completely forget about the modding community like this. Not even a hint or a tip on how to simply edit the strat maps, much less add new regions and expand the map. Unless you're sitting in the middle of Europe, the campaign is boring now. All you do is wander around in huge expanses of uninhabited land and fight tiny battles with raiders. The strat map needs some fresh new locations to extend the replay value of this game, otherwise it's dead in the water. And why the hell did CA not add in those Warpath Campaign regions into the Grand Campaign? Hell, that would've at least been something.
    /* Under the Patronage of the Honorable Garbarsardar */
    Graphic Designer, Husband, & Dad

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    It's pretty disheartening to see CA just completely forget about the modding community like this. Not even a hint or a tip on how to simply edit the strat maps, much less add new regions and expand the map. Unless you're sitting in the middle of Europe, the campaign is boring now. All you do is wander around in huge expanses of uninhabited land and fight tiny battles with raiders. The strat map needs some fresh new locations to extend the replay value of this game, otherwise it's dead in the water. And why the hell did CA not add in those Warpath Campaign regions into the Grand Campaign? Hell, that would've at least been something.
    They probably figure that the less modding the more cash for them from expansions/DLC.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

It really is dumb. I hate SEGA. Hate it. Its just like Wal-Mart. It sucks the life out of everything.

This is all SEGA's doing. We never will have a Stainless Steel caliber mod for ETW because of SEGA.

Hopefully this decision, combined with the death of support for ETW will influence the sales of NTW, and hopefully it will be a negative. Then, maybe SEGA will realize that they just lost a lot of money and let CA completely control all aspects of the next game. But, alas, that probably won't happen. If NTW performs poorly sales wise..... who knows what the future of TW games will be. Maybe scrapped. Because of SEGA.
    Last edited by raistlinmajere8; November 24, 2009 at 04:41 AM.

Smeel's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    They probably figure that the less modding the more cash for them from expansions/DLC.
    Yes, at least they have limited modding in purpose, to what purpose. There surely is a trend in the gaming industry to make DLC's.... But I'm not that surprised. In the end, Gaming companies are like any other company, it's only about profit. Making customers/gamers happy are only necessary because it gives more profit. Any company who states anything else are just hypocrites and full of

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to
    (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Would it be possible to convert the mapfiles in ETW to their M2TW counterparts' format, mod them, and then return them to the ETW format? I know little about modding, but I just wondered could that get around CA's failure to release mapping-tools?
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; November 25, 2009 at 04:37 PM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Sadly no. The ETW map is extremely complex and I hope CA will make it easy for us by giving us tools instead of making us figure it out by ourselves.

Is there any way for people to crack open the files and start to do some research on it? It would be nice if we have a map research thread. Guess we have to do everything by ourselves slowly.