Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Bug Report Thread

Default Re: The official bug reporting thread

Only bug I've seen so far is an occasional CTD when I try to click on a Rake or Gentleman

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

I came across one last night wile playing.I had to take Quebec and I landed on the sou west cost by way of the river from the ocean. I should of taken a screen shot. But man was it perfect. Ship at waters edge with rowing boats on the beach where my army had landed. Wooded hills all round and outstanding view. But as I looked at my ship I saw it twice coming out off the back of my ship. I Hope this makes sense. I think its something to do with my PC but to be honest I haven't come across any bugs. What a grate game.

Quote Originally Posted by Perequin View Post
    George Washington died from an attacking force in a siege-engagement on the first city, and when I built some navy ships the campaignmap-avatar of the ships were basically the George Washington-model warped into the shape of a ship. It looked real funny, his torso was sort of upright and his legs acted as the masts. I captured a screenshot of it but forgot to save it.
    lol, if that's a real bug, that's really hillarious

JFC's Avatar Lieutenant

1. Couple of times now:

When loading a battle, I have the settings on max for everything...

The graphics that load are low/medium.

i7 920
    XFX nVidea 960
    6 GB RAM
    1 Tb Hard Drive
    Vista 64 bit

2. Playing as Britain, had a Gent in France, put him in the French port by accident and then clicked the 'embark on fleet button' He disappeared into the English Channel and I couldn't get him back, even after a turn. On the agent tab, it showed his location as the English Channel. When I clicked, I got a red circle and no movement. He was well and truely stuck.

3. Also a related question: Why is it when you click on an agent in a foreign town you no longer see his movement points in green, even if he has loads left to take? You have to move him out of the town again and then you see the green?

No, that isn't a banana

Another weird one...entering into a land battle. One AI unit attacking a Fort defeneded by 6 of my troops. The game goes through the loading process, and for a brief second I see the Deploymnet Phase, and then the game exits the battle (via typical loading screen) and goes back to teh campaign map with the AI unit retreating...It looks like it could have been the AI made an instantaneous decision to abandon the attack as we reached the Deployment Screen.

Quote Originally Posted by OTZ View Post
    Another weird one...entering into a land battle. One AI unit attacking a Fort defeneded by 6 of my troops. The game goes through the loading process, and for a brief second I see the Deploymnet Phase, and then the game exits the battle (via typical loading screen) and goes back to teh campaign map with the AI unit retreating...It looks like it could have been the AI made an instantaneous decision to abandon the attack as we reached the Deployment Screen.
    That sounds annoying, considering the load times..

ImKyleJames's Avatar Semisalis

Campaign map wants to overheat my card, I turn the fan way up and ordered a fan just for this game.. weird nothing else makes it work so hard

If your comp locks up, and monitor goes blank.. check vpu temps!

Ightenhill's Avatar Senator

I dont know if this is a bug or not..Why do the flags on the AI ships turn into pirate ships randomly?

E8400 on Asus P5N32-E overclocked to 4.00ghz with arctic cooling
    POV GTX 285 XP (SP3) Crucial Ballistix 2gb DDR2 RAM

TW Bigfoot

-trade ships(such as indiaman) sometimes get stuck, on trade routes and cant move, but arent creating a trade post either. have to scupper the ships and put a new ship in. (is just a case of being carefull when you click to start with)

thats all ive actaully noticed

as well as the -give us a delete saves button!

other than that, just an awesome game.

Guys I have read this thread heaps

the bug where the faction flag changes to a pirate flag is not a bug but it tells you that a fleet is raiding a trade rout. U can raid enemy trade routes and the same thing happens its to tell you when a ship or ships is attacking a trade rout! it took me two seconds to work that out.

As for the other bugs most likley caused by vista I have had only about 1/4 of all the bugs in this game. the main one is laggy campign map everything else works fine except camign map.

Dissappionted however at lack of faction variation I at least thought that the major powers would get unique units I didn't care so much about the minor powers but come on Prussia has the same units as the minor powers thats just lazy.

They spent so much time on britian even though british people would like to play as other nations more because they are british,
    Australia will conquer the world!!!

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Cause there being boarded and broth into the pirate fleet. You see that with all Naval battles and no is not a bug. It happens as well when countries Navies ships are taking pirate ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Ightenhill View Post
    I dont know if this is a bug or not..Why do the flags on the AI ships turn into pirate ships randomly?

Its not a bug. He is a privateer. For the King / PM.

unable to capture Norway. game crashes with 'insufficient memory' error as soon as i enter the city (tried twice, lifted the siege, moved around, came back)

Agents and/or other characters on the campaign map will speak their little one-liners two at a time, one on top of the other. Like two people are talking at once.
    /* Under the Patronage of the Honorable Garbarsardar */
    Graphic Designer, Husband, & Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfootedfred View Post
    -trade ships(such as indiaman) sometimes get stuck, on trade routes and cant move, but arent creating a trade post either. have to scupper the ships and put a new ship in. (is just a case of being carefull when you click to start with)

For me this bug is one stage worse, it won't let me scupper the ship, so I now have -44 upkeep and a wasted trade route. Other than that I haven't noticed any bugs that are annoying me so good job CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfootedfred View Post

For me this bug is one stage worse, it won't let me scupper the ship, so I now have -44 upkeep and a wasted trade route. Other than that I haven't noticed any bugs that are annoying me so good job CA.
    Last edited by jimkatalanos; March 06, 2009 at 01:05 PM.

the CTD's are really annoying now. the latest one was when i was merging units ready to go into a new seige. maybe i should look at the Preferences, and see what can be turned off.
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

Regardless of what level I have the campaign advisor set to, when I click on the question mark for advice all I get is a *chime* noise. I have not seen this mentioned anywhere else. Anyone else have this problem?

Can't end the turn.

In my britain campaign, if i click on the END TURN button, the button turns greyed out, i can't move the map anymore but can switch to different locations, america, europe, etc., aswell as still move units. Tried to load the auto save (which is just before i clicked the button), but still the same. I can't end the turn and my campaign is stuck...

The last savegame is 10 turns before that. I usually save often, but since the game puts the savegames on C: and naturally i don't have that many free space on that partition (it's for the freakin OS, if i wanted my savegames there, i would have installed the game on C:, not on D:!) and the savegames are huge (10 savegames = 600 MB), i have to repeat those 10 turns.

VERY disappointing.
    Last edited by crazypeon; March 06, 2009 at 12:44 PM.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Im getting a CTD after scrolling thru the factions at the end of the turn. I am in year 1724 and playing Great Britain
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Haven’t seen this one mentioned yet:

- Unable to advance RtI Episode 2. After taking Fort Niagara and defeating French forces, I have no new objectives and no new locations on the map to attack/explore.
    I don’t know if this is relevant, but I “discovered” Fort Duquesne and received the mission to capture it first. I decided that it looked too tough, so I negotiated military access with the Iroquois and hit Niagara from the other side. When I took the capital, I seized the province and received credit for completing both objectives (Niagara & Duquesne). I have defeated all enemy forces in the area, but have received no new objectives.