Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2348636465666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1462

Thread: Empire Bug Report Thread

Default Re: The Official ETW Bug Reporting Thread

Hello, Im here to report a bug.
    The game crashes when accepting/proposing a peace treaty. This bug is also, present to other gamers. maybe it is reported in this thread but the thread has no search tab so I cant sift through the loooong thread for a probable report for I have other issues than this. please reply.

My game is version 1.5
    will this be fixed on later patch?
    If it does then what version do i need?
    If there is a fix please link me to it.
    Thank you in advance.

wont let me post this. I dont see why. Im trying to help here

Quote Originally Posted by Nosjack View Post
    This happens often when playing a campaign that starts at a later year. There's no way to fix it as far as I know.
    Had this in both campaigns I've played lately. Both campaigns had 1700 as the starting date.

In the first campaign I noticed this bug only after about 30 years had passed, in the second it took only about 12 to appear.

Seems that fighting larger battles with reinforcements and some of Your own troops routing off the map makes this bug happen more often. At least in my campaigns..

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by isaiah113 View Post
    wont let me post this. I dont see why. Im trying to help here
    Unless you're not using Steam there's no way you can decide which version your patch is.

In any case ETW is no longer developed and no way it's going to be patched unless CA have a change in heart and have so much free time.

You better off have a greater chance to make it happen by posting in Total War's Official Forum instead of here.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Im in 1798 as Great Britain, and the game freezes on the Maratha AI turn. Any ideas?

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    Im in 1798 as Great Britain, and the game freezes on the Maratha AI turn. Any ideas?
    Declare war/Ally/Trade Rights etc.

Half the time this will work. of the other half, 25% chance you can't fix it and the campaign is done, and 25% chance the AI is having trouble crossing the waters next to Istanbul.

Prussians vs. Saxons.. only 9 Units left on the field.

me (Prussia): 2 Line Inf, down to 75% strength. Generals Bodyguard, down to 15 men. An artillery unit, way behind my other troops.
    Saxons: two artillery units. Three Militia (down to about 75% each, too).

I let my two Line units form marching columns and walk in the direction of the enemy. Opponents infantry hides behind his artillery. Saxon artillery still has to use round shot. When my infantry is just outside of shrapnell range, the saxons fire a last salvo - miss my columns, which start running and reach the artillery while it's still loading.. short massacre.. artillery routs.. Saxon infantry - still 3:2 advantage - march foward and stand in lines. I form two blocks of infantry, about 30 men wide, return fire. Then my right unit charges the leftmost saxon unit, routs it.. short running after the routers, to assure they won't stop, then I order them back in formation - block, 30 men wide - and turn on the flank of the former middle saxon unit.
    I let them catch their breath, walk into musket range, fire two salvos, then order them to charge the saxons flank.. should be a piece of cake, right? Lots of open space, no obstacles.. Block formation against the flank of a Line only 3 men deep or so.. but..

... instead of charging the saxons from the side, my men run close to the saxon unit and just before they would make contact - and without any reason due to moral or anything else - they turn to the side and move right into the front of the - firing - saxon unit. I click like a madman to make them charge, but they just don't want to... I make them run to the saxon Line - and they rout. Seconds later, my other unit routs too and my general follows..
    I won the battle though, because the saxons managed to get themselves shot into rubble when they attacked my artillery.. nonetheless, the unwillingness to charge seems a bit strange to me.. I noticed stuff like that with cavalry units, who seem to have problems to find a way to their target, but never on a flat, open field, without no obstacles whatsover.. and over a distance of 50 meters or so.. strange..

Anybody else ever encountered something like this?

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Crap like that is why ETW was horrible upon release. And "fixed" bugs still show up all the time.

Just unlucky I guess, with infantry that rarely happens, it's much more common with cavalry.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Attempting a large naval battle with Spain (playing as Breat Britain) . Each with several stacks of ships near the Leward Islands. When the battle starts the original ships enter in good shape but al reinforcements enter with all guns out on the right side...WTF?

Garch's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: The official bug reporting thread

when maratha gets to big the game slows down to a stop , how do i stop this or remove maratha so i dont have to kill them of evey time i play cuz honistly i dont whant anything to do with india

royal-welsh-fusiliers-won't.unlock.after.cadiane.march.researched[etw-vallila-steam-digital]
    start-of-naval-engagement-in-fog.after.pausing.admiral.dies.before.battle-stack-of-ship-n-campaign-map-near-french
    coast-lehave-spontaneously-explode-cleaver-Rake-or-shenanigans/

Playing as Spain in the winter of 1701.
    The previous turn my Rake assassinated a Dutch general and now he is going after their second one.
    The Dutch general unit is alone with no other units present in the army, standing idly outside Amsterdam.

Because of this, a successful assassination that gets rid of the General also "destroys" the army, causing my assassin to be killed during the army's "destruction" because after an assassination, the assassin always infiltrates the army rather than remaining outside.

I'm pretty sure this was only intended to happen if the army the assassin was in was destroyed by another army, rather than the assassin himself.

A fix for this would be to have assassins remain outside an army after a successful assassination, rather than automatic infiltration.

An interesting way to abuse this bug is to spam generals and have them sit around by themselves in an enemy territory where you know enemy assassins are present, while also having a standing army nearby to dissuade the enemy army from directly attacking them. This effectively makes them assassin-flytraps as if the assassin fails, there's still a chance the assassin is killed and if the assassin succeeds, then the assassin will be killed by the "army" that was only composed of a general being "destroyed".

"See, when you carry the two over, it turns out you owe me another hundred florins." - description of Trick Abacus
    "I'm a Lord." - Delusional Scottish Merchant

Hey, all. I just downloaded Empire from Steam on my new laptop, and for some reason, while everything else is in English, the Grand Campaign and certain parts of the game are in Spanish. In that, the descriptions and names and such are in Spanish. the language settings are set to English. Any help?

This has probably been said before, but when I drag-drop my troops into formation on the battlefield they either form the formation 20m further down the line to the right from where I asked them to go, or end up perpendicular to where I asked them to go. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it's had no effect, and it's annoying because it makes land battles unplayable since I cant control where I place my troops.

I'd like to add a bug report to this thread. I have a saved game from which I cannot continue. Any time I click "next turn" the game immediately crashes. I have tried reloading and changing the game state several times: moving stacks, lifting sieges, etc. All to no avail. Five times in a row it has crashed.

I am playing on an iMac running OSX 10.7.5. I downloaded ETW from the App store. The game is the American quest for freedom campaign on turn 47. Here is this save game: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ve.empire_save

Default Re: Empire Bug Report Thread

Yea I would like to report a bug None of my games will launch properly and yea I have all of them! For weeks now, I have been looking for a solution to the problem of all my total war games no longer work. Changing compatibility no longer works…changing res no longer works. No word on a patch or update. So who is playing this game and How are you still able to play?

Hi, I have a problem with my Total War Empire. I would like to know if you have any ideas to help me decipher or understand the origin of the crash.
    I have in my possession the file generated during the crash, but I don’t know how to analyze it.

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Primemus View Post
    Yea I would like to report a bug None of my games will launch properly and yea I have all of them! For weeks now, I have been looking for a solution to the problem of all my total war games no longer work. Changing compatibility no longer works…changing res no longer works. No word on a patch or update. So who is playing this game and How are you still able to play?

Are you playing on a laptop ?

Who worked with dump files? Critical bugs constantly appear on the second turn of the portuguese campaign. If I understand correctly, then you need to determine the cause of the crash and change the save. Previous saves worked properly, but after several sea battles a bug appears. Here is a link to the file for your reference:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s7...XzDoR0LcMzXA38

Last save:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xO...SYIKKqWraR_3Su

Battle music volume resets to max with track change in Empire Total War. The setting remains in place, but the actual volume plays at 100% with the music change (track change probably; plays at 100% at the start of the battle, despite the setting). If I change the setting it returns to that volume, until the music changes again, when it starts playing at 100% volume again.

Doesn't happen on the campaign map. It is set correctly in the preferences file, I checked that.

Tried searching, but didn't find anything about this from known bugs. Any help is much appreciated.