Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Bug Report Thread

Default Re: The official bug reporting thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lone rider View Post

As you can se all the French fleets (all of them) is turning to pirats, but the the problem is that I have destroyd the pirat faction so now they have stayed there for agees. There are fleets all over the world turning into pirats and just stands there. Pretty annoying if I want to move my navy I need to go around them. Heres my biggest worry are that the fleets drain the ressurses of the faction, ruining the gaming experiance by getting it easyer.

I play as you can see UK and on VH/VH
    What the hell?! CA this is really bad. Maybe someone can make a list of all bugs and glitches in one post. Maybe the devs give it a look.

Default Official Bug List

I know there is a topic about it, but all the bugs arent in one post, so its a little bit confusing.

I made this topic to have a clear look about all bugs. Maybe the devs notice this thread. I will keep this first post fresh and up to date.

Here we go Folks.

Campaign Map

-CTD when merging units together after battle
    -deadly slow scrolling on the map
    -flickering and pop ups on the campaign map
    -CTDs after finishing the round
    -huge frame drops on the map, but battles and stuff run smoothly
    -trade ship issues, couldnt make a traderoute
    -faction ship flags flash between own flag and pirate flag
    -"out of memory CTD" in grand campaign
    -CTDs when you try to start a new campaign while you have another campaign going

Battle Map

-iroquoi soldiers cause huge framedrops
    -"slowmotion" units in the battle of Quebec (RtI Campaign)
    -missing sounds of gunfire, infantry, etc.
    -cav gets stuck on gates/walls
    -missing textures
    -cav glitch, when they are attacking, they getting stuck
    -you can hear "hidden" units marching
    -sliding soldiers
    -advisor screen pops up, but it takes few seconds until he says something
    -in some battles the water is black
    -"black-stair-shadows" on horses when you turn shadows on

AI

-pathfinding
    -ai attacks frontal infantryline with cav
    -ai cav running into spears like there is no tomorrow
    -ai dont use all units sometimes

Overall

-loading times for some user
    -floating flags bug
    -settings are set back after CTD/Battle
    -text bug, couldnt read text because its to small

Thats all for now, what i know. So guys post bugs bugs and bugs. I will keep this post up to date. Lets see if we can something to make our game better.

Mods can you make it sticky pls?!?
    Last edited by Strategos Brutus; March 05, 2009 at 06:49 AM.

Valentin the II's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Official Bug List

CTD's when you try to start a new campaign while you have another campaign going.

As of now, the grand campaign is unplayable for me, sins I cant even finish 1 turn without a CTD (literaly).
    Born to be wild - live to outgrow it (Lao Tzu)
    Someday you will die and somehow something's going to steal your carbon
    In contrast to the efforts of tiny Israel to make contributions to the world so as to better mankind, one has to ask what have those who have strived to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth done other than to create hate and bloodshed.

Default Re: Official Bug List

Come on folks post your bugs in here. Bump

pesto alla genovese's Avatar Senator

After splitting my trade flit in two, ships which stayed in the trade circle (yellow one with an anchor) became uncontrolable - cant move them anywhere.

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by TanOrpheus View Post
    Whenever I reach the end of a battle the result is "Close victory" or "Close defeat" regardless of the number of men faced / lost.
    Get almsot always get that too

i just had a bug where the ground was black the grass and eveything was still visible. when got bacvkl to campagin map the settlements were invisble just foundations and the water was a mass of werid colours. i had to quit.

Also portugal just declared war on me for seemingly no reason except i am marahas and I'm dismantling the mughal and have already eliminated mysore, they are trading with mughal but they arent allied or anything. it coudl be however because i left my capital ungarrsioned and they were scared when i finshed with mughal they would be next so they attacked my ungarrsioned capital.

Sometimes the sound is really mia. you sometimes don't hear horses move or it abruptly cuts off instead of hearing them slowing down. Death yells in melee quite often cant be heard I saw in a big building there were some swordsmen in a coner and my guys kept going in there around the large domed roof to kill them and about 7 got killed one by one tryign to get at them until they routed.

no voice overs after battle? it fels odd after having them in rtw and m2tw. is this meant to be?

Dunno if its sloppy dipo orthe mughals paid them or soemthing. it was till a sneaky clever move blindsiding me like that.

also flashing priate flags are privateers not glicthes.

-ai attacks frontal infantryline with cav
    -ai cav running into spears like there is no tomorrow
    no they dont? i have never seen that.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; March 05, 2009 at 08:39 AM.

Whenever I load the game, the menu has no words, except a random letter every once in a while. Also, Everything is extremely bugging including the opning to the game, and all words are mssing. You can start the campaign,but it is extremely buggy.
    Worst part of trying to express a point is when someone says what you said better and gets praised.

Valentin the II's Avatar Primicerius

On the battle map, I'v had several instances when the drummers had no animations.
    There was the sound of them playing, but at the same time they didn't move, only slide from side to side periodically.

EDIT: I also verified the integrity of the game cache, and it started updating. I think there was a problem with the download, so maybe some of my problem are "exclusive".
    Born to be wild - live to outgrow it (Lao Tzu)
    Someday you will die and somehow something's going to steal your carbon
    In contrast to the efforts of tiny Israel to make contributions to the world so as to better mankind, one has to ask what have those who have strived to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth done other than to create hate and bloodshed.

AlCord's Avatar Semisalis

I'm getting a CTD when I click on my "Assassin" to move him. First 3 years was fine but now I can't move him because a whiteout with CTD happens.

Citizen

earlier in my great britain campagin i ended my turn it got to persia's turn and hard locked. I had to turn off my pc. The flags and everything stoped moving complete crash. Keyboard wasnt responding.

I loaded up that save again after i rebooted and this time it ctd'd (not locked just that has stopped working error" on iroquis' turn. thats when i started a marahas campagin.

Does anyone else find on the battle siege map, that my units will start off deployed on one side of the map and the enemy will be deployed on the other side, and then if I click end deployment our troops are on the opposite sides of the map, but instead of taking the unguarded walls they will run all the way around the fort just to attack where my men started, even if I have since moved my men?

Also the AI puts their troops in stupid garrisons, like one far away from the map and leave their army in small blobs to be mopped up

Started two campaigns (prestige, and long) as France.

Both times, around turn 10-14, there is a game breaking CTD during the AI moves.

I'm 99% sure that it happens because of the Huron Confederation. For some reason, there is an 'indefinite' military access treaty between France and the Huron for no particular reason.

I suspect that the game crashes becase the Huron attempt to declar war on me. The same CTD can be replicated if I attempt to declare war on the Huron before I hit the end turn button.

The spanish grand campaign , world domination

At the end of 1704 (end turn), the game freezes when its swedens time to play....

Particle Effects - constantly revert to High from Ultra.
    Floating Flags - turning it off and on do not work properly.
    Random Crashing - I'm on Vista, do not know about XP.
    Many people are getting crashes when it is the CPU's turn to move (look into that)
    That's all I know so far.

Citizen

i dotn seem to be ever reciving missions. I have never giot one excpet in the rti.

Marshal Qin's Avatar Bow to ME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Tom View Post
    I got a few,

- Clicks on agents don't always register (keep on send my entire garrison out instead of the agents)
    Yes goddam it! I lost my capital because of this. It happens in other ways too. Its like the game doesn't register that you've selected something else and completes an action with whatever you had previously selected. But it doesn't always happen so its hard to work around.

I've resorted to saving every time I do something just in case I get another CTD or I accidentally move something that I shouldn't have.

Annoying. Did E:TW get playtested? I mean seriously, its like the people who bought the game are beta testers and it shipped incomplete. *sigh* CA hasn't changed at all in the entire time I've been playing TW games. It doesn't appear to be a problem that can be laid at the door of the publisher because the same issue appeared with Activision.
    Exotic Slave - Spook 153, Barbarian Turncoat - Drugpimp, Catamite - Invoker 47
    Drunken Uncle - Wicked, Priest of Jupiter - Guderian

Under the patronage of El-Sib Why? ...... Because Siblesz sent me
    Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS?)

Citizen

sometimes its hard to click on targets to attack. You have to click a few times soemtimes to get it to register. Please fix this bug its damn annoying.

The only bugs I have are constant CTD when I merge my units in a certain fort. I think it was the first french fort you capture on the RTI campaign. However, I move them just outside and it's fine. Noticed the sliding soldiers a few times.

I am probably not as far through the game as most of you, but tbf, I am finding the majority of it fine.

I just got CTD while playing as prussia fleet with 6 and 2 reinforcements and they had 2 ships I tried to chain shot and it CTD.

It was 8 brigs vs 1 sixth rate and a brig.

Playing as GB in the GC, and get a CTD in 1722. Tried saving before, doing different things, nothing seems to work...

In case it helps, im running q6600, 4gb, 8800 GTS 640 & vista 64