Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Bug Report Thread

Default Re: The official bug reporting thread

I Haven't been able to play yet due to a bug during the loading screen which the bar gets about halfway and begins to bounce back and forth uncontrolable while campain noise (advisor's advice, birds chriping, nice music) is playing. Even after letting it sit there for an hour, the loading bar was still bouncing back and forth.

Any advice or ways to fix would be nice.

Thanks

I had a bug while I moved a combined fleet of military and trade ships into a ivory coast spot and now they produce zero trade and the units are stuck inside.

I have two problems I've noticed. When attacking Quebec from the east side my units are half frozen in the deployment zone and move at half speed while those french moved at double speed. Also when looking at the water I see ghostly sillouettes beside tiny islands and ships. Kind of like their outline but it is beside them.

MedievalRob's Avatar Tiro

If you have a Rake or Gentleman garrisoned in a town or city, and then you try to move him OUT of the town or city, 50% of the time you'll end up moving your entire army out, even if they are NOT selected. (Only the Rake/Gentleman is selected, yet your entire army moves out, leaving the city/town completely defenseless.)

I've lost 2-3 towns because of this bug, and it's really irritating.

Libertus

After a couple of hours of playing I get a Crash when entering a battle which says

Out of Video Memory.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Mhz
    4mb DDR2 RAM
    GeForce 9800GX2 (This is a dual card, card bit like SLI but in 1 piece)
    182.06 Drivers
    Vista 32

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AgentMulder View Post
    I've had just a few hiccups.

1. When moving in the campaign map, I get some blue... stuff. Dunno how to describe it.

2. That same blue stuff turns up during naval battles.

3. General stopping and starting.

4. Iroquois sappin' mah framerate!

5. Sound delays, confirmation sound, firing sound, and movement sound all lag.

Note: The first three problems seem to be fixed when I go into slow motion. None of these problems (sound aside) were experienced when I played online.
    You can fix the blue stuff by going to catalyst control center and disabling adaptive antiallasing. It only happens with ati cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I've seen the "sliding" soldiers bug a few times.

Extremely low FPS on battles with Native Americans.
    This have to be addressed, this is just awful. When i noticed this, i thought iam in a magic show or somethin'.

CTD in 1730 on Huron Confederacy's turn

Civitate

A few things I noticed playing Sweden and Prussia:
    CTD when trying to unload my army from transports into my own territory. Was asked to declare war or ask for millitary access from myself (Cancel did not work). CTD when entering diplomatic negotiations with myself (playing as Sweden).

Jerky campaign map, occasional extreme lag when selecting an army.

Unable to move agents out of towns on occasion. The entire garrison is selected instead.

Crazy indians performing magic ritual on framerate overpowered

Dont' know if this is a bug or not, but when deploying for a battle, there is no indication where the enemy is deployed. When attacking a town, I often have to scramble my lines to defend it as the enemy is outside the town.

When giving cavalry a move order, they "stretch" their formation from point of origin to target, single file.

When intercepting from a fort or town, I usually find myself defending the fort from a single unit of line infantry. Again, I do not know if this is a bug or this game uses some arcane method of determining where the AI deployes.

Floating flags are always on.

Other than that, no CTD at all. Great game!

Quote Originally Posted by alteropptatt View Post
    Dont' know if this is a bug or not, but when deploying for a battle, there is no indication where the enemy is deployed. When attacking a town, I often have to scramble my lines to defend it as the enemy is outside the town.

you can see the deployment limits of the enemy during the deployment phase. it's a colored line very much like yours.

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

I had an odd bug wher rigth at the start of the qubec battle in the rti my troops were animating really slowly while the enemy moved normaly only when i got half way up that hill did my guys move normnaly. Even on the flat ground they looked like they were running in super slow motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggans View Post
    you can see the deployment limits of the enemy during the deployment phase. it's a colored line very much like yours.
    Ah, I couldn't find it. I'll look very carefully for it then. This will hopefully make things a bit easier. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ForlornHope. View Post
    I had an odd bug wher rigth at the start of the qubec battle in the rti my troops were animating really slowly while the enemy moved normaly only when i got half way up that hill did my guys move normnaly. Even on the flat ground they looked like they were running in super slow motion.
    Yep this was reported by a lot guys, if CA wont fix this in the next patch. I will laugh my ass off.

It seems that the RTI campaign got a lot of bugs and glitches.

-ruins perfomance
    -CTDs
    -slowmotion soldiers
    -flickering
    - could be a huge list...

Whenever I reach the end of a battle the result is "Close victory" or "Close defeat" regardless of the number of men faced / lost.

I have had one occassion where i could not move a fleet in the south american trade theatre because the game told me the whole screen was land not sea and the fleet could not go there.

Starting to feel the love for this game though, thank you CA !

Playing Marathas, I have captured Baluchistan, however it does not appear in my nations colour on the radar map and on the diplomatic map - it is like no-one owns it.

Also the usual one, I run land and sea battle on ultra - they're silky smooth; however the campaign map runs like a crock of pigs gruel, its stuttering and jerky (though the mouse is always smooth).

I played my first battle as The Dutch attacking a town held by the Spanish (in flanders?). A large French army re-enforced their Spanish allies. I didn't hold out much hope but managed to split and defeat both armies... But nothing happened. I assumed I must have missed some units and found 2 lots of french Chasseurs de Bois (not sure if this is correct spelling). These units were hiding in trees but once I found them i seemed unable to engage them. Only by placing my units directly ontop of these units would they engage at all. When i finally routed them from the field the battle still wouldn't end so i had to give up. I'm hoping this is a bug and not me just missing something completely

At one point when I was merging my units together It kept crashing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valentin the II's Avatar Primicerius

Game CTD's every time I finish a turn on the grand campaign.
    Also CTD's when I abandon my current campaign and start a new one.

Also, who's bright idea was it to return the game to default settings every time the game CTD's? This just adds more frustration to the problem.
    Born to be wild - live to outgrow it (Lao Tzu)
    Someday you will die and somehow something's going to steal your carbon
    In contrast to the efforts of tiny Israel to make contributions to the world so as to better mankind, one has to ask what have those who have strived to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth done other than to create hate and bloodshed.

As you can se all the French fleets (all of them) is turning to pirats, but the the problem is that I have destroyd the pirat faction so now they have stayed there for agees. There are fleets all over the world turning into pirats and just stands there. Pretty annoying if I want to move my navy I need to go around them. Heres my biggest worry are that the fleets drain the ressurses of the faction, ruining the gaming experiance by getting it easyer.

I play as you can see UK and on VH/VH
    ''I always made one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." God granted it. ''

-Voltaire