Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132334873 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Bug Report Thread

Default Re: Repeated CTD during AI Turn Phase

Playing england.

1754.. CTD on attempt to load saved game. I go back 4 turns, was fine. Anything saved beyond 1752 CTD's on attempt to load saved game.

I cant belvie they released it like this.

They had to know.

I dont even feel like playing it. WOuld take it back for refund if I could.

Default Re: The Official ETW Bug Reporting Thread

Payment to other nations are bugged.

I was going to give myself a handicap by giving a minor nation 3000 every year for 10 years (20 turns). No trade shows up in diplomacy and after 20+ years!! my treasury still pay the 3000.

Yeah, All my attempts at a campaign have reached CTD or stall during AI turns. At this point, I'm just going to put the game down till its patched. I'm pretty disappointed, this is the kind of stuff beta testers are supposed to ferret out. Oh well, I have plenty of other games and a steady reserve of patience.

Pent uP Rage's Avatar Tech *********

Yep. same here. I got it twice on RTI campaigns. Luckily I keep multiple saves and just reverted back to an older save.

I got a screenie just before it dumped back to the desktop though....it's a programming error.

under the patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, son of the Black Prince
    Before you post, see if your question has already been answered
    here

For some reason Sweden takes as long as all other factions in my campaign. i often go and get a cup of tea or have a beer and come back after the turn has ended.. but since the last steam patch it crashes randomly.

It's strange that now four people have reported a crash on the Inuit faction's turn in the years 1723 and 1724. :hmmm:

Three people were playing as GB, and I was playing as France. (Yes yes don't hate me haha).

It's sad that this is a game breaking bug that can't be worked around. I've decided to put the game "back on the shelf" until it's patched. Unlike some other "bugs" that have been reported, this one seems to be inherent in the game itself not our systems. Now all we can do is wait on CA

They need to be on this with some serious quickness.

Faulty products. I will not be buying the Next CA release until I see player feedback.

I'm baffled, really. It's no longer an issue for me. I un-check the process' affinity for cpu 0, and leave only cpu 1 checked. It's been smooth sailing ever since for me! Not an ideal solution, but one that works. Quite peculiar.

Sure thats fine for Vista and Intel users.

Those of us on XP with AMD machines.........

Playing as Sweden, have researched fire by rank yet the option does not appear ofr any my units (militia,line, or grandiers). anybody else have this problem or is it jsut part of the game?
    "A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions."
    -Marcus Aurelius
    "The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark."
    -Michelangelo
    If you pursue good with labor, the labor passes away but the good remains; if you pursue evil with pleasure, the pleasure passes away and the evil remains.
    -Marcus Tullius Cicero

Ataraxie's Avatar Biarchus

Fighting a French cavalry army during the third part of the RTI campaign (you have to take Louisburg).

Have quite bloodily destroyed two stacks of colonial cavalry, only to find one unit is still there - my infantry won't shoot them or engage for some reason, so I run them into the cavalry. They promptly kill them. Still the battle doesn't end - I find one loan man, sat next to a hill [clipping issue ?] on the very edge of the battlefield. He is twitching.

I can't shoot him, I can't melee-kill him.
    I can't order my men to do either, and can only hover-over him to see that he's stuck with a flickering "running" showing on his status rollover thing.

I then have to let the timer run down for a "Crushing Defeat".

Very Annoying Bug.
    < Insert ironic/scarily serious nationalist sentiment here >
    Provided Ancillaries for SH's New Map And Slower Expansion For SS6.4
    Provided one or two Unit Descriptions for Shokh's BEIC (ETW)
    Currently working on Settlement Titles & Effects Changes (SS6.4)

Juggernawt's Avatar Semisalis

Crashing after AI's turn in turn 130 playing as Sweden. Have tried reloading savegame and doing different things as it sometimes helped in MTW2 (this problem was already with us in MTW2 and there was never an official fix).
    So bloody annoying to have gone 130 turns and now hitting a stupid bug that makes the game unplayable. Feels rather pointless to start any new games as the threat of that same bug striking at any time make each turn potentially your last.

I just noticed a bug with sieging a fort,i selected 5 units and clicked on the walls on one spot,but than only one unit went on climbing,others where just standing there and one unit was getting ready to trow the hooks but they where stuck in a animation to grab the hooks out of their bags or something.

"The Republic of the Seven United Netherlands,rulers of the sea's."

Sander Cohen's Avatar Ordinarius

My advisor isnt working at all. I have the advisor settings set to high for campaign and battle but they never give me advice. I click the "?" mark in the corner of windows for advice but I just get a chime sound.

In my very first serious grand campaign as Spain VH/VH turn 12 bavaria makes the game crash to desktop Please tell me i have to kiss this 3 hour game session goodbye. Turn 12 is the exact autosave turn so my saves are identical

XP steam normal version, did not have any problems with road to independance. Going to ask a friend to finish my turn, hopefully it will work for him but doubtfull. I will also try this core afinity fix Selenolycus mentions.

UPDATE: semi FIXED with core affinity

Setting core affinity to cpu1 only on my intel p4 3.4ghrz HT single core cpu WORKED!!! . It was not bavaria crashing me but the cherokee nations launching an atack on my troops, now i can see the attack taking place, they walk to my troops, i can fight and the game no longer crashes !

Be sure to set the afinity as soon as you start the game, i tried my first time when game was fully loaded up and it didnt work. On my second try it worked like a charm , when i set the afinity faster during game launch. ( i also boosted priority process to high on my second try that was succesfull)

update 2: well not happy with the auto calc of the battle i wanted to relaod, and now it crashing again at same spot to desktop, so my guess its some sort of coinflip on the cherokee wanting to attack me or not. I guess when they calculate their odds of winning they do a division by zero :o At least i now have some ways and motivation to keep trying and get to the battle and hopefully take it from there.
    Last edited by Pesticide; March 09, 2009 at 12:22 AM.

Ondaderthad's Avatar Tiro

Here I list the bugs I have found so far. Just finished the RtI campaign Chapter 4 last night. I am sure some of those have been reported before but this is all I experienced myself.

Didn't get the Steam Achievement for finishing the RtI campaign.

When selecting an new Agent in a town and right click on map the army moves instead. very annoying the first time until you learn to move the army out of town first then select the agent.

White screen of death (WSoD) when trying to merge an Agent with an army stack sometimes. At other times it works.

WSoD when recruting several generals and trying to split one of them out of the stack.

Very loud noise (wind or storm) when transitioning a ship out of the Brazil trade zone back to America zone. Could be hear but lower in other zones as well. I had to seriously turn down the volume knob :hmmm: The sound eventually stopped after changing zones several times.

While playing a battle I had several troops and cavalry jumping over a stone wall correctly but I noticed the artillery just walked through the wall as if there was none.
    I was almost expecting it to be stopped.

For those people with a jumping campaign map:
    try to enable/disable Vsync not only in the game option but also in your display preferences in Windows itself.
    I know myself that most games require Vsynch turned ON but for me Empires works with it OFF.

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

-sound glitches: no sound from drums
    -soldiers flying all over the place after being hit by a cav unit
    -musket fire sounding like fire crackers
    -striped black shadows on cavalry units (occasional)
    -shadows flicker on and off as you move the cam around
    -ai offering unbelievable amounts of cash, tech, etc. for just one minor region
    -suicidal light cavalry
    -ai never making aliances
    -ai never trades tech, even if its at their advantage

Well I was ambushed by the Huron, and when I get to the battle my Dragoons have disappeared from the map!

Not only are the Dragoons not marching in the column with the rest of my troops, they also seem to be far, far underground:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also, I had the advisor say that you can attach Ring Bayonets by clicking on the Ring Bayonet button (at the expense of reload time).

I don't seem to have the button for this. I did have the button for Plug Bayonets but since I researched the upgrade the bayonet button has disappeared.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I thought that perhaps it was now done automatically when you hit the melee button but my fire arcs disappear completely so I suspect that the ring bayonet button and upwards are bugged.

If anyone wants to reproduce the error I have attached the save game file:

Attachment 32745

Just send the unit in North America to directly attack the Huron town.

The game is really buggy overall. Very frustrating, it definitely is taking away from the experience.

The most annoying i've seen so far:

1: In the Road to America at least, when the advisor pops up, it sometimes takes a couple seconds for her to speak, or she won't speak, or she will speak for a couple seconds and then will be cut off before she finishes.

2: In at least one turn of Road to America, when I would cancel the "reinforce unit" action (the 'plus' sign that allows you to repair your units) the game wouldn't give me money the money back... and then when I changed my mind and pressed it again, it charged me!

Also the pathfinding and unit movement in battles has all the same ridiculousness as in my experience in R:TW except to an even greater degree. Units get spread out and won't respond to commands more easily, and issuing unit move orders isn't as natural as it could be.

I am running a two-screen setup under Vista Business 32 with the game running on the left-hand screen.

The problem I have is that there is no in-game limiter for the mouse (tried both Windowed and full screen): I can't move the map or battlefield to the right because the mouse just goes onto the second screen.