Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Bug Report Thread

Default Fire by Rank bugs?

I'm playing with Prussia and keeping it somewhat historical, lots of fast Military techs.

I was saving my invasion of Austria for once I'd gotten the Fire by Rank tech finished, thinking this would secure my victory.

Unfortunately...it seems that in most cases it REDUCES their effectiveness, and there is no toggle to revert to normal firing.

First, if the entire line doesn't have a clear shot, they just aim their rifles like they're about to shoot but don't actually fire. Then they duck to allow the next rank to fire...still no one is shooting. I have to get them lined up perfectly in order to have anyone fire at all.

Secondly, might be related to the first, but my units can no longer fire when behind stone walls. The unit card says they're firing, but...nothing. Nothing when set to fire at will, nothing when I right click attack a unit standing right in front of them. Even worse is that when positioned behind the stone walls my units are now rapidly becoming fatigued. Even if they're just standing there, they become Exhausted after 2-3 minutes.

All of this started to happen as soon as I had upgraded to Fire by Rank. Its completely broken my campaign, as I was relying heavily on using a smaller, superior force that's well positioned to take down my opponents. (Currently fighting just about every neighboring power).

Is there any word on a fix for this? Is anyone else experiencing it? Its, as I said, completely broken my campaign.

Default Re: The official bug reporting thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sander Cohen View Post
    Game crashes every time I try to merge units after a battle.
    I had a strange one today when I merged 2 units , they both dissapeared and formed an agent instead, but you couldn't actually click on him.
    Guess what his name is? Yes that's right, Napoleon bloody Bonaparte(weird eh). He must be a very stealthy spy because even I can't click on him.

Well my own bug/something they missed? is where is the delete button for the saved games? I have several which have been hit by the Loading a Saved Game=CTD Bug. It seems more and more of us are loosing our longer term Campaign saves.

Well apart from loosing my 2 campaigns to the save bug, the game has behaved perfectly on maxed-ultra settings(hope I haven't spoken to soon) Not one single in game crash or slow down, and yet loads of you are having such major issues just running it, what gives eh?
    Last edited by Frost, colonel; March 07, 2009 at 05:27 PM.

Default Re: Fire by Rank bugs?

Are you sure? Ever since I got it researched I actually started to enjoy the game.
    Honestly, I thought the land battles sucked prior to the research.

Anyway, are you right clicking your troops to attack or just 'let them be'?
    Usually if you force a volley, they just spent most of the time reforming and idling. If you however set them in a position and then press stop, they'll just be reforming and auto-attacking perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Medifh View Post
    Are you sure? Ever since I got it researched I actually started to enjoy the game.
    Honestly, I thought the land battles sucked prior to the research.

Anyway, are you right clicking your troops to attack or just 'let them be'?
    Usually if you force a volley, they just spent most of the time reforming and idling. If you however set them in a position and then press stop, they'll just be reforming and auto-attacking perfectly.
    That was my standard method of fighting too...

And yeah, I loved it in the first open engagement I used it in after I teched, but not being able to use cover and having to make sure every single guy has a clear shot down the line...

I'm really hoping these are bugs. So your men can still fire from behind stone walls when they're upgraded?

Quote Originally Posted by Kolaris8472 View Post
    So your men can still fire from behind stone walls when they're upgraded?
    Not just that, they shoot whatever is in range individually for each soldier too.

Though I'm not sure what you mean by cover; fences and such on the map or the actual self-made trenches/walls.
    For me it works perfectly on the latter. I never use natural cover...not yet anyway.

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

I've had problems when hiding behind a stonewall. But it's not really an issue. Just learn to wait for the enemies first volley and then reform you men without them taking cover and start shooting.

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Yeah I mean stone walls.

How does it look then? I was guessing the problem was that everyone is crouched down behind the wall...so there wouldn't be a way to let someone behind you fire a volley, but then you'd think at the least it would revert to first line firing only instead of completely bugging out and not shooting at all.

Default Re: Missing troops after battle

Nope 2 of them went missing and only one remained and 2 men of the cavalry unit that was routed ><

Worked for me, playing Prussia

Default Re: The Official ETW Bug Reporting Thread

Concerning question one, Ive noticed that when I attack a fort the boundry line is so far back that my cannons barely hit the walls.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Merged bug threads.

I have also found my units do not fire behind a stone wall once they have rank fire. This has to be a bug.

themoob's Avatar Centenarius

Major bug:

Cannot install the game due to being stuck at the creating local game cache files screen, no solutions exist, please fix.

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Repeated CTD during AI Turn Phase

Its just not fair.

Default RtI bug

Not sure if this has been adressed in another thred, if thats the case I couldn't find it.

My problem is that once I've completed the RtI campain I see a nice movie clip and get sent back to the main menu,
    now this is where I should be able to play the grand campain as the US but sadly this is not the case.
    It is as if the game hasn't registerd that I completed the RtI campain
    and yes I have tried reloading the the autosave and completing it again, no dice.

Have anyone else had this bug or know how to fix it?

Default Re: RtI bug

you cant play the grand campaign as the US

I distinctly remember CA announcing that once you were done with the RtI you could play them in GC.

Guess I got it wrong then. :hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by Otherguy View Post
    I distinctly remember CA announcing that once you were done with the RtI you could play them in GC.

Guess I got it wrong then. :hmmm:
    Yeah I think they said something like that but no you cannot play as them unless you are doing the RTI.

Well, i don't know if this is a bug or is just something that i am doing wrong but some of the shortcut keys (increase file/rank, step forward/backwards, rotate left/right...) doesn't work with the minimised UI.

And maybe another bug or just a missed feature:

I tried to edit the "preferences.empire_script.txt" to set the UI cards/radar/orders to "slide on" mode but it seems to not really work.

P.S: Sorry about my English...

Soryn Arkayn's Avatar Decanus

Default War Declaration Crash Bug

Has anyone encountered a crash bug wherein another factions declares war on the player and the game crashes.

Because of this crash bug -- and because I can't prevent another faction from declaring war on me -- now I have to reload an earlier saved game -- and hope the same faction doesn't declare war on me -- or start a new campaign.

This kind of BS is unacceptable.
    Last edited by Soryn Arkayn; March 07, 2009 at 07:24 PM.