Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Bug Report Thread

Default Re: The Official ETW Bug Reporting Thread

Sometimes when I select a recently spawned agent in the city and try to move him out, the garrison leaves instead. I can't select the agent and move him until I move the garrison out of the city.

- Computer freezes in the midst of a naval battle, in the Road To Indpendence campaign, fighting against France.
    - Alt+Tabbing only works from the main menu

Biggest bug i have notice is game crash to windows during AI turn..

Reinstal dosent help, i got new display drivers also.. no help

I tried also other saves but game crash every time at 1713 in british campaing..

My computer runs game without any problems with high-speed. (Windows vista 64bit).

Still getting CTD during RTI, random battles and Grand Campaign. I tried re-installing Windows, the game and different video drivers and nothing works.

This seems to be a common issue on the other board and here as well. Hopefully CA can fix this because it's game-breaking.

Anyone have any other tricks to try?

Having numerous issues with the game so far which is hugely annoying given how long we have waited for it.
    1.when doing a siege battle were i am defending (working fine when attacking) if my city has walls they dont appear on battle leaving my men to fend for themselves. (theres a reason i built walls)
    2. game crashes, happens in totally random time and generallys works after iv reloaded the game back up.
    3. Rebalancing - i have played all of the total war and one of my major gribs with empire it the lack of ability to have more then 1 major army (made up off mainly line infanty, with some cav, arty n light infantry, no elite units) and 1 decent navy (less then 8 warships with 1 4th rate and rest lower). this is playing as england controlling over 16 regions (carribean/north america and england ofc and 6 of the trade routes. Imo unit upkeep, buildings costs compared to income sources amounts needs a rebalance. Trying to defend the hole of north america against the french with 1 army n not being able to afford to use more then 1 unit to garrison a city is just wrong. I control city construction and taxes myself and just cant figure out a way to do it to have a useful income.
    4. found spanish trade fleet on ivory coast spot, would not allow my navy to attack, instead it let me put my own trade ship on it, but then could no longer move this ship, Computer kept telling me that 'this unit can not move here' as if i was controling a land army.
    5. if im sieging a town, if they attack me and i repell them i have to start siege from fresh, it does let you carry on.

Anyone else having any of these issues???
    Really hope CA are reading these forums and patchs start appearing very damm fast

Default Re: Repeated CTD during AI Turn Phase

If you go into task manager and highlight the process, right click for a menu. There should be an option for "Set Affinity..." Just below "Set Priority". Click on it and check/uncheck the number of cores you want the process to use.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP2.

Quote Originally Posted by Morph View Post
    I'm experiencing an extremely frustrating situation where the game is freezing during the AI turn phase at the same point. I've run two Grand Campaigns, the first continuously hung at turn 28 during the Huron's AI turn, and the second at turn 31 during the Iriquois.

I have updated to the latest driers tested by CA.

My Specs:

Vista Home Premium 64bit
    GTX 280 Superclocked
    Q9450 @ 2.66ghz
    8GB DDR2 800

i just had my first white screen of death ans auto rebooted me.in the same place north america i just beat the hurons and then it white screened,there is def a problem in north america for some reason.

Buildings have a blue surface on them, clearly a graphic bug. Have new ATI drivers, anyone know a work around?

I also got a 'video card out of memory' CTD on campaign map,which I highly doubt with x2 HD4870....
    "I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do. Whereas priests....... more drink?"

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWizard View Post
    - Computer freezes in the midst of a naval battle, in the Road To Indpendence campaign, fighting against France.
    - Alt+Tabbing only works from the main menu
    I think I got the same bug in Chapter IV The United States. British attacked me with 5 ships against my 3 ships. I boarded and captured a British 5th Rate with my 6th Rate. Then I attacked a British 5th Rate. Then I attempted to board British 6th Rate and the game froze.

I could still use my cursor.

After about 5 minutes I rebooted my system.

CAMPAIGN MAP

- On islands and around bridges enemy armies are not where they appear to be on the campaign map.
    - Very slow on the Ottoman Empires turn during Chapter 4 from Turn 2 to Turn5

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

crash/freeze/ white flickering when loading up game. does not recover and i have to cntrl alt del out of it
    You look great today.

Ondaderthad's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Unwelcome Guest View Post
    Sometimes when I select a recently spawned agent in the city and try to move him out, the garrison leaves instead. I can't select the agent and move him until I move the garrison out of the city.
    Same here. I was just checking to see if someone else had reported it.

You go to the agent screen, select him and right click/move..... the army moves instead.

Very annoying the first time because you get soldiers going way out of town and no move points to get back in.

As said above you have to move the army just outside the city first then move the agent.

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Is there any fix?

Not yet, as far as I know. We'll have to wait until next week and see if CA patched this or not.

TiTiTimmy's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by aNonim View Post

Campaign Map

-faction ship flags flash between own flag and pirate flag
    That not a bug, it's just showing that you raid the trade route
    Wanted for:
    Breaking and gluing back together and trying to pass off as never being broken in the first place.
    Assault with a weapon that couldn't have possibly been deadly, but unfortunately was

"You know what they say: give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the whole town. Give a man a fishing rod -- see where I'm going here? Give him a fishing rod and he'll poke your eye out."

Rep goes both ways, just leave your name

Quote Originally Posted by Schleiden View Post
    My game as Austria stalls on sweden's turn, 1741, turn 84. Cannot proceed with campaign. It doesn't CTD, the cursor animation of a spinning pocketwatch keeps spinning, my keyboard and mouse can still be used. Task Manager says the game isn't responding. Maybe assigning the game to one core will fix this, going to try it now (I have a dual core CPU).

Edit: NOPE. Same issue. I'm just going to wait for the patch. Hopefully it will fix this.
    Unfortunately for you, this trick worked for me (at least for a couple of turns).

So, for those of you using multi-core CPUs and get the CTD error, may want to try disabling one your cores.

Edit: Err, after three successful turns it crashed again. Oh, well. Time for shower and a few hours sleep before work.
    Last edited by Selenolycus; March 07, 2009 at 03:08 PM.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Computer freezing during naval battles - random but gay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pavlik the Rus's Avatar Civitate

Turkish organ gun, SF edition.
    Sadly that you've put this exelent and impressive unit to the SF only... so not all people can experience that
    But it have bugs. From far distant you can not see a guns. Only crew (looks like sprites missing)
    In close view you can see only one wheal

2nd problemm.
    I can not play online battles. It's too buggy and unstable lobby constantly pushs me with CTD. Most common reason - lost connection to server

3rd Sometme appears CTD in campaign at different situations
    Last edited by Pavlik the Rus; March 07, 2009 at 03:30 PM.

Under patronage of respectable MARCVS
    Надо чаще встречаться
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58644

Sadly, I do not know my specs but have experienced two issues. CTD when boarding enemy ships and one I am very fearful about(cuz I just want to play this great game) I have gotten CTD on single player Grand campaign. Whenever I push Grand campaign it dies. I have a Spanish campaign saved which I continue to play but am worried about when it is over. I read here that people get this CTD when they have a campaign going...does that mean saved...it must right. When the campaign ends will I be good or do I have to delete save games by manipulating files...something I am not in the know enough about to do. Oh, by the way, land mines are titties.

Default Missing troops after battle

Is it just me or have you ever ended a battle you've won and you find you are actually missing quite a sizeable amount of troops its happened to me once now on the GC and my brother twice in the RTI.

For example in my GC against the native Americans I managed to have 3 units of rifleman left and we won the battle, so I quit the battle and left the battle to find I had 2 cavalry and 20 rifleman left. The enemy had all been routed.
    Last edited by Cynik; March 07, 2009 at 05:38 PM.

Isn't a bug but i find it annoying. In the older games you could have a unit highlighted during setup and you could fine tune where they were standing by clicking on an area area just slightly off center to where the unit was standing. In this game when you do that it will not register that you want to move the unit just a little over and instead thinks you are selecting the unit again. Its not a big deal but its annoying to see a smart little touches not retained as the series goes forward.