Thread: Reinforcements disregarded..

saamohod's Avatar Tiro

Icon4 Reinforcements disregarded..

I discovered an annoying flaw in campain AI which many of you may be aware of. And which can be effectively exploited (i don't fancy doing this) to quickly capture enemy settlements by luring the garrison out of town.
    It is performed simply. The main army puts the siege on a town(castle). Another small army (preferrably one unit of fast horses) lays the siege on the opposite side of the town. When AI takes its turn it sallies the small unit(horses) completely disregarding the huge amount of reinforcements entering the battlemap from the opposite side. The rest of battle you can imagine: my horse unit runs to meet the main force, the main force takes comfortable defensive position, while AI (this time battle AI) RUNS its army to the meeting across the map. Needless to say, disorganized and exhausted enemy troops, met by my defensive missile fire, are easily routed and huge and rich city can be captured IN ONE TURN almost without casualties from my side.
    The question is: can it be fixed?

SS6.1+RR+RC

Last edited by saamohod; March 01, 2009 at 11:04 PM.

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

Default Re: Reinforcements disregarded..

Quote Originally Posted by saamohod View Post
    I discovered an annoying flaw in campain AI which many of you may be aware of. And which can be effectively exploited (i don't fancy doing this) to quickly capture enemy settlements by luring the garrison out of town.
    It is performed simply. The main army puts the siege on a town(castle). Another small army (preferrably one unit of fast horses) lays the siege on the opposite side of the town. When AI takes its turn it sallies the small unit(horses) completely disregarding the huge amount of reinforcements entering the battlemap from the opposite side. The rest of battle you can imagine: my horse unit runs to meet the main force, the main force takes comfortable defensive position, while AI (this time battle AI) RUNS its army to the meeting across the map. Needless to say, disorganized and exhausted enemy troops, met by my defensive missile fire, are easily routed and huge and rich city can be captured almost without casualties from my side.
    The question is: can it be fixed?

SS6.1+RR+RC

Im pretty sure that happened with vanilla as well...Are you using any AI mods other than just SS stuff?

saamohod's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Slurricane View Post
    Im pretty sure that happened with vanilla as well...Are you using any AI mods other than just SS stuff?
    No campain AI mods. Recently installed XBAI, but AI's behavior in this regard has not changed. It acts the same way in battle, i mean.
    SS6.1+RR+RC+XBAI

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

Quote Originally Posted by saamohod View Post
    No campain AI mods. Recently installed XBAI, but AI's behavior in this regard has not changed. It acts the same way in battle, i mean.
    SS6.1+RR+RC+XBAI

Well I am pretty sure this happened on Vanilla as well...

saamohod's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Slurricane View Post
    Well I am pretty sure this happened on Vanilla as well...
    So you mean it cannot be fixed?

If it is fixable, it's probably not too high on the "to do" list because it is easily avoidable. Just don't use the exploit.