Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Official TWC Bugs, Issues & Errata List for RTW

Affonso's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Official TWC Bugs, Issues & Errata List for RTW

Hi guys, I need to know one thing:

I started a short campaign with Parthia a few days ago. I chose a short campaign because I didn't want to spend too much time with it. The victory conditions for a short campaign with Parthia are: "Control 15 provinces and destroy or outlast Armenia and the Seleucids". However, I lost the campaign right after I destroyed Armenia and the Seleucids, which totally amazed me, as it went right against the stated victory conditions. A message came up saying that I had been defeated, and that Egypt had won. I didn't understand it at first, but someone told me that Egypt had the same victory conditions as Parthia, hence: "destroy 15 provinces and destroy or outlast Armenia and the Seleucids". Hence I realised that by destroying the Armenians and the Seleucids I was actually doing them a favour, since they already had more than 15 provinces.

Now, I didn't take Egypt into account, because my own victory conditions didn't specify that I had to prevent Egypt from also taking over 15 provinces. There was simply no way I could have known. Had I been told that in my victory conditions, I would have made sure to kill Egypt first, to obviously avoid such an unexpected surprise.

Now I don't want to question whether the latter is acceptable or not. I already had a hard time debating this issue with a couple of imbeciles on this site, so all I want to know is the following: was this a bug that I encountered, or did CA purposefully program the campaign so that in addition to reaching your stated objectives, you are also in a race against the victory conditions for the other factions?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Affonso; June 21, 2011 at 07:30 AM.

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

It isn't a bug, it's how the game works and it happens for all factions AFAIK. It just isn't mentioned on the campaign starting screen unfortunately, which I think was an oversight.

Affonso's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Genius of the Restoration View Post
    It isn't a bug, it's how the game works and it happens for all factions AFAIK. It just isn't mentioned on the campaign starting screen unfortunately, which I think was an oversight.
    Thanks for your reply. That's the answer some other people gave me on other forums. Most of them also agree that it should be mentioned as well.

The paradox of this situation is that I lost the campaign by following through the stated victory conditions. The misfortune is that unfortunately Parthia's victory conditions are the exact copy of Egypt's victory conditions, which means that if I don't prevent Egypt from overwhelming the same number of provinces, I run the risk of following the stated victory conditions for Parthia and still lose, which was what unfortunately happened.

As a consequence, I think it must have been an oversight, as you say. I really don't believe the programmers meant to purposefully fail to mention the latter, and still expect you to know.
    Last edited by Affonso; July 02, 2011 at 02:33 AM.

one to add... * run button not working, after click-drag unit formation, then "r" for run.*
    (units say "double time", but the unit walks..and their is only one arrow shown on the unit card - indicative of the unit walking*. really weird... problem increases and decreases with connection lag... but doesn't really exist in single player (indicating its not a graphics issue). does not affect any other button or command, except click-drag-formation and then run button... *reduced online playing ability significantly*.

can someone help me i just bought the game and installed it but when i start the game it says that rome total war is not compatible HOW DO I FIX THIS pls help me

Can someone help me please,
    I always used to play rome total war , i stopped playing a couple of years ago and now i have started again , i have rtw gold edition and my problem is when i start a campaign or custom game it crashes to the desktop just before the loading screen, thought this doesn't happen when im playing bi or eb, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I need help. I'm some what new to Rome total war. I'm currently playing a long campaign. I'm already imperator of Rome and destroyed the Julii (I'm playing as the Brutii). The Scipii asked for a ceasefire so I accepted. They attacked me a few turns after. When I went to attack back it said "You don't have enough popular support to take Rome" which confused me because i had already taken Rome and destroyed the SPQR. So now the Scipii can attack me but it never lets me attack them. The only thing i can do is defend my cities and wait for them to attack me. Help me if a can. If it is something simple please point it out to me. Thanks

My game has a weird problem where the water seems to look pixelated and greenish, which it has since I got the game. Any fixes?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I already tried updating the graphics card driver.

Quote Originally Posted by chesby View Post
    Can someone help me please,
    I always used to play rome total war , i stopped playing a couple of years ago and now i have started again , i have rtw gold edition and my problem is when i start a campaign or custom game it crashes to the desktop just before the loading screen, thought this doesn't happen when im playing bi or eb, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Reinstall the game, over and over and over again. Each time, start a new campaign instead of loading an old one. If all else fails, stop using it for a while, and it may start working again.

Affonso:
    Now I don't want to question whether the latter is acceptable or not. I already had a hard time debating this issue with a couple of imbeciles on this site, so all I want to know is the following: was this a bug that I encountered, or did CA purposefully program the campaign so that in addition to reaching your stated objectives, you are also in a race against the victory conditions for the other factions?

Thanks.
    The game, as far as I can tell, doesn’t quite know what faction you’re playing as, as all the other factions do the same things you do (for example, no enemy faction is capable of teleporting armies or making armies faster than you). That’s why it’s very easy to play as a campaign that the game designers didn’t intend you to play as, such as Spain, Macedon, or Numidia.

So, when deciding who wins, it waits for any faction to achieve victory conditions, and apparently it saw Egypt before it saw you.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I had Rome Gold Edition installed, i unistalled it, also deleted every file of the mods i had and i can't install it again, because it says "i have a previous version of Rome and i should unistall it first, before i install this"

I have only used Rome Gold in this pc, so this does not make sense. Any possible solutions?

Hello guys, i recenlty started playing RTW again and i got this wierd "lagg" when im moving the map on campaing.
    Like when i click on the minimap to look somewhere esle it takes so long ,and when im just moving the camera view with mouse its so laggy.
    It didnt happen before (i had even worse pc back then), so please any tips?

No grave dig but I found a bug:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbD3...ature=youtu.be
    Settlement got taken 2 turns ago but while I counter-attacked something strange was seen on the plaza
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Quote Originally Posted by TWmodding View Post
    No grave dig but I found a bug:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbD3...ature=youtu.be
    Settlement got taken 2 turns ago but while I counter-attacked something strange was seen on the plaza
    If Steam version, post it here. http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...atch-breaks-AI

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    It is the CD version
    "did they even beta tested this game"
    I played it for thousands of hours, first time i see it
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

You know what, not to be a smart ass, but I'm not surprised at what you still may find.
    I bought it when it was first released. We the buying public ended up being the "Beta testers" in the long run.
    Be happy Sega bought CA so it could be as patched as it is. Activision had a "one patch and done" policy even if it was borked.

I just found my old discs, loaded them up and about to try it again in between everything else.

if you have other programs running at the same time, close them, it might help.Try lower the graphics options, in a nutshell, pretend like your trying to make it work on a sucky computer, might help. I wish could tell you more than this.

Hi all,
    I've a problem with my R:TW Gold disk where once I've installed it it won't let me play it, I just get a pop up saying that I need to 'log in with administrator privileges and try again'.
    Anyone any ideas on how to fix this?

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Don't you also find that the success rates of the spy missions are a bit high? I often find myself spies dying on missions despite high success rates.

I speak about RTW obviously and not the rematsered edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Unvers View Post
    Don't you also find that the success rates of the spy missions are a bit high? I often find myself spies dying on missions despite high success rates.

I speak about RTW obviously and not the rematsered edition.
    Let me explain better: the success rate is high and the spies die (and therefore mission failed) a little too often for those percentages.

Another bug noted in the strategic map: minor generals of the Greek factions spawn without a sword.

It is probably stuff that has already been talked about in this topic, I have not checked.