Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Curia Ivlia, Consulate of Scipio/Postumus

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

Default Re: Curia Ivlia, Consulate of Scipio/Postumus

I propose:

Senatus Consultum de Bellum Punicum in Sicilianum (or whatever)
    The Senate and People of Rome decree that:

I - While the Northern or Etruscan War is being fought over the cities of Arretium and Arminium, the Senate shall send agents to Sicilia to scout the island for Punic possessions and possible evidence of the Syracusans smuggling contraband to the Punics.

II - The Senate shall decide the targets and objectives of the Punic war based on the report of the agents mentioned in point I.

III - The Senate shall send out 2 legions led by consuls to secure the objectives defined in point II. The Consuls' imperium wil allow them complete freedom to manoeuver and fight on the island of Sicilia, but not to recruit or build, or to wage war on factions who are not active enemies.

This bill will be revised after the agents report arrives.
    Last edited by Gaius Julius Civilis; March 02, 2009 at 07:35 AM.
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

And I support this.

I would like you to add, about the northern cities that upon conquering a city is is not to be pillaged.
    People will believe a lie because they want it to be true; or they're afraid it's true.
    Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe its true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

This bill is not about the war in the north, that war is only mentioned to have a sort of time-frame. The waging of the war in the north is not part of this bill.
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

I misunderstood then, i apologise. My request still stands.
    People will believe a lie because they want it to be true; or they're afraid it's true.
    Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe its true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Kal View Post
    In addition to all of this, whoever was supposed to be retraining the legions has wildly neglected his duties.
    OOC: GODDAMIT, XAVIER WAS GONNA DO IT! HE TOLD ME!

Seriously...aren't they already in the qeue line or something?
    Last edited by Ozy; March 02, 2009 at 09:11 AM.

Now that charges have been officially filed against the gang of four, I move that Tiberius Sidonius be appointed to preside over the hearings as a judge, as the current Praetor is a witness and the other praetor has been accused. Let any dissent be heard now, it would be most beneficial not to bring this to a vote if we can all agree here.

Proceedings should begin immediately.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

I agree. Sidonius has no interest in this case, and should be impartial.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

I would be honoured to accept this duty, if the senate finds me fit.

I think Senator Celsus would be more fit for the job.

Marcus hesitated for a second

Err...i believe Celsus is on trial.

No, I'm afraid you are confused, senator.

OOC: Celsus=Elendil.

ooc; damn xD

If Celsus wishes to nominate himself as judge then i guess he has every right too.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Quote Originally Posted by yaelthecruel View Post
    OOC: GODDAMIT, XAVIER WAS GONNA DO IT! HE TOLD ME!

Seriously...aren't they already in the qeue line or something?
    OOC: Yes they are already in the recruitment line. No need to get so worked up

I would like to nominate myself as a judge, but if the Senate believes that either Sidonius or Celsus is more fit for the job, then let them do it. We need the fairest judge for such an important trial as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Dragnesi View Post
    OOC: Yes they are already in the recruitment line. No need to get so worked up
    lol I was joking with all those capital letters .

I just had that doubt...
    Last edited by Ozy; March 02, 2009 at 10:50 AM.

Galerius Priscus's Avatar Centenarius

I am very dissappointed in the manner of some Senators present in this room who wish me and others to be ejected from office...

Thus, I have decided to hold the honour to myself, and let the Senate handle with more important business than this.

I will step off from the office of Pontifex Maximus.

I hope everyone in this room with a mind not as rotten as others will see that this motion is unneeded, and I hope they will protest against this.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

occ Do wee need to wait a year before you kill us or are you going to get this done quickly so we can play again? Because it looks like you will need re elections as half of the ruling offices are gone this senate is n ' t functional any more. And about using the votes as prove well you can cancel Marcellus because he is pleb. The rest of us are Patrician so with this new voting system patricians cant vote for Tribunes so this part of prove should be strike out.
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; March 02, 2009 at 10:55 AM.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

An honourable move, Gallus. What a pity for you that you need to have a position in order to step down from it.
    Senator Lucius Artorius Cato (34)

Galerius Priscus's Avatar Centenarius

The last time I heard, Crassus, I was still Pontifex Maximus of the Republic.

The vote you and your friends here threw together in such a hurry was illegal...

Anyway, what will happen to us? Throw us off the Tarpeian Rock? If so, I will jump off it myself...

What was illegal about it, might I ask?
    Senator Lucius Artorius Cato (34)