Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fall of the Cross & Rise of the Crescent (FCRC) - General Discussion (until release FCRC 1.0)

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Fall of the Cross & Rise of the Crescent (FCRC)

I'll add some more regions there.

About the Fatimids; where should they go?
    For both cases, please try to maintain historical accuracy to some extend.
    Fatimids: I don't know, would have to research like you
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

I'll look if there is some interesting muslim faction they could represent.

Patrician Artifex

I researched a bit. It is a fact that the research for this campaign wasn't in any shape finished as we started the FCRC idea.

Fatimids didn't exist anymore in the former shape, so they shouldn't be a faction in FCRC.

Here is a map

I would suggest, that we rename the "United Caliphates under Seljuk Rule" (my placeholder name) to the "Ayyubid Empire" for this campaign.
    When you research for them, one could even assume, that the Fatimid faction in ChivTW would fit far better to them (flag, regions, recruitment etc.), and then the Grand Seljuks could have got Abbasids or Atabeg regions and those faction name.

As well, there is the issue with the Moors -> Almohads ... and this would let vanish the Zirids ... .

Short thoughts:
    Maybe you can even use the ex-Grand Seljuks as Danishmend?
    And Zirids become the Abbasids? Or ex-Grand Seljuks as Atabegs (might be better for the balance)?

Perhaps you have fun to switch the things still ... for the sake of historical correctness? Damn thing ... .

EDIT

As for the recruitment/building codes, i would even suggest the following:

# Ex-Fatimids -> Ayyubids
    # Ex-Grand Seljuks -> Abbasids (with Atabegs?)
    # Ex-Zirids -> Artukids (as minor realm, especially for the difficulty to realise proper ZoR's for them without to change the dr file too extensively; they are then just limited in their approach, but might make up the anger faction in these realms, if they survive or are played by a human player)
    # Danishmend region could get an independent muslim faction (rebel).
    ... of course it depends also on the available region-distribution.

EDIT 2

The next "modder harmony devastating" thought could be to change the Armenian faction to the Crusader States ... and perhaps remove the single european factions from the Levante, or leave them, and provoke rivalry between (the new) Crusader States and the fresh incoming crusaders like the French, English and some Germans (who are allied from the start with excellent faction-relations ... the AI will mess around with that anyway).

However, that design could make this FCRC campaign really unique to the rest of the ChivTW campaigns.

What do you think?

Too much?
    Last edited by DaVinci; March 08, 2010 at 06:38 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I already came to that conclusion (when I started, I was wondering why fatimids didn't fill the role)

However, how necessary is this?
    faction banners can be swapped quickly, and hidden resource requirements too.
    Names can be changed.

All of that will take ALOT less time than spending another full weekend (!) re-assigning provinces (basically, I'd have to to everything again).

what about letting the ex-fatimids be the abbasids with atabegs, the zirids as you say..
    switching banners with fatimids and ex-seljuks and changing some hidden resources is SO much easier than having to map it all again

Personally, me preference for the crus. states is as they are now. The AI handles them perfectly (acts as 2 different factions, really, one on the continent and on in the levant).
    By the way, Armenia on this map is counted as one of the crus. states. Remember that it was still independent here.

However, if you insist, I'll do it, ofcourse

Patrician Artifex

Well, that with the crusaders is a separate question.

The main thing is to clear the muslim factions.
    The issue is, that banner-switches etc. work for the whole mod, not for the single campaign. Also, we have flag-bearers and unit-colours, which wouldn't fit.

So, if we wanna have a more plausible faction design, i guess, we should go with my last suggestions (except crusader thing, that's special).

Maybe take some days to think about it, make a little break, it must not be finished "tomorrow". But the advantage is then: We have quite consistent muslim faction design. The main work is annoying copy/paiste, but at least it has a proper plan behind this task.

It's your descision, you can also realise what you have done now, and you offer it then as submod, an unofficial pre-FCRC campaign.
    In this case though, i'll feel free to eventually make the other above mentioned faction design some day by myself when i have time - not at all meant as threat or something (i'm really glad about what you've achieved!), just a thought to make your life easier in the case it's too depressive to start the descr_strat/descr_regions files anew, plus descr_names file must be considered once more.
    Last edited by DaVinci; March 09, 2010 at 06:45 PM.

I'll do it...but i will take a break for a few days, so I think I'll start in the weekend (again)
    Hopefully, I don't make stupid blunders which cost me 2 hours, since that is what happened last time.

Patrician Artifex

That's great, Bull

I even suggest to start again with the 0.1 files (the map files), it would have the advantages of the proper set regions (the 4 added regions).
    And then you can just copy in your codes for europe, as there where no changes in 0.1, so they are 1:1 usable. The only changes where in Asia Minor, Levante and the surroundings up to Iraq and Egypt, iirc.

Hopefully, I don't make stupid blunders which cost me 2 hours, since that is what happened last time.
    That happens sometimes by the most experienced modders. Modding is not only fun.

---

As for the question of Crusader States faction instead of Armenians: I'm with you here, that we leave it as it was planned (the different crusader states as in CE camp).
    The switch from Armenia would have some problems (especially character names), else, it would be indeed interesting to offer crusader units to the "armenian"
    faction roster, which would be then also possible for the other campaigns (as we have only one valid edb for all campaigns, unless we would fiddle with special campaign launchers).
    Also thinkable is to set up the crusader states (ex-armenian) AND the european crusaders. But all that is probably brainstorming for such an alternative FCRC camp.
    Last edited by DaVinci; March 10, 2010 at 03:26 PM.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

are you planning to add Mongols as a fraction? if yes will they be playlable fraction or just a nomad horde?

Patrician Artifex

Well, this particular FCRC mod depelopment is on hold.

However, Mongols as such appear effectively (for the ChivTW map) first at 1223 AD, what is quite later than the start date.
    We have the Cumans/Kipchaqs though, which reflect those steppe horde factions

thanx for respond, i hope this project will survive, if you decide to to continue, i could try to help you with research( i have quite a lot of informations about central/east european medieval history)

Patrician Artifex

You could contact Bull (see post # 86), maybe he has fun and time to complete the mod, then as real submod (i personally won't have the time and/or energy to get into it again).

Relaunched this. I'm a lot faster right now then I was back then
    I started all over again, now giving the ex-Fatimids Saladin's dominions. I'm now up to the point where I left off, so I guess this thread is, uh, reopened!
    I'll give a screenshot this afternoon. I'm still busy with changing the faction starting posititions, but France, England and Saladin's Empire are done

Nice to hear it
    I admire that I can see you in every page of the forum working on this, ROP3 and testing RTR7
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; October 14, 2010 at 03:43 PM.

No need for flattery, mate

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f View Post

No need for flattery, mate
    ok i am just so happy that that the works on FCRC were uploaded

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f View Post
    Relaunched this. I'm a lot faster right now then I was back then
    I started all over again, now giving the ex-Fatimids Saladin's dominions. I'm now up to the point where I left off, so I guess this thread is, uh, reopened!
    I'll give a screenshot this afternoon. I'm still busy with changing the faction starting posititions, but France, England and Saladin's Empire are done
    Good Luck,Bull!

If you are depressed, just stop being depressed.
    - Ace Rimmer | March 18th ,2014

Starting positions done.
    Currently busy with the family trees, which I never seem to get. Damn things keep crashing all the time when just changing a name.

yay! Got past the CTDs. Implenting Family trees is now going smoothly. Will be able to start balancing even today! Then there are descriptions, starting position-maps and perhaps a splash screen and a few loading ones

Little Preview
    For people entering by clicking on my signature; see the first post in the thread for full information about the setting and goal of the mod.
    The starting positions & map so far:
    Not everything is correct right now, but it is in a working state. only things that still need doing in this particular field are the ex-berbers (who will be going to represent a certain Muslim state near Baghdad) and Kypros to the English. Perhaps I'll also add a new city in Anatolia so the Seljuks of Rum don't get their asses kicked by the Romans.

Little part of France:

England will need to lower its taxes if it wants to hold onto their French territories
    Last edited by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze; October 21, 2010 at 10:15 AM.

Good Job bull!

If you are depressed, just stop being depressed.
    - Ace Rimmer | March 18th ,2014