Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Greek Wars

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: The Greek Wars

good but the map is restricted .units is but great start
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

What in the units would you want to see improved. The map... the cities have yet to have their building lists finalized... I wanna add some things and increase costs for ports seeing they're too cheap..

(Try it on VH/VH and you'll be shocked at how brutal the AI gets )

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

i just tried it VH/VH with Thebes and did all the battles automatically for speed and i noticed that it was very challenging. perhaps because it was my first campaign and i did not know the location of the nearby cities. now i control a big part of the map, but i have problem with cash. i am certain that if i did the battles manually it would be easier ( i am a great general )

4-5 turns later:
    and athenians are long dead and spartans pay for their treachery.
    Last edited by Agisilaos; March 01, 2009 at 08:21 AM.
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

i like this mod but units look like vanilla very much and i hate vanilla rome from building to units kla units are good but bravo
    Last edited by clone; March 01, 2009 at 10:14 AM.
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Well, yes, the units aren't a radical departure from anything in vanilla, but some people like it that way, and it takes a lot more work to make it radically different.

Viva la Defenestrate!

thanks for the reply
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by KingLarsofMars View Post
    What difficulty is that on traxx91. Looks like you're creaming it
    Hard/hard. I play all total war games and mods with these settings...

Hard/Hard is good. I feel there's too many AI bonuses at VeryHard/VeryHard. Anywho, does anybody find there's too much general fighting? We're trying to create more limited wars for the next version, not a free-for all.

Viva la Defenestrate!

Congragulations, years searching for a greek states mod and this release is exellent may you should get diferent skins because the hoplites of the diferent states are very similar
    also may you can extend the map a little more to the north to thessaly and aetolia or to the west yo syracuse and tarantine
    a persian invasion event would be sweet
    now i'm trying putting kla's hoplites to the mod
    Last edited by Nachox; March 01, 2009 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexius 17 View Post
    Hard/Hard is good. I feel there's too many AI bonuses at VeryHard/VeryHard. Anywho, does anybody find there's too much general fighting? We're trying to create more limited wars for the next version, not a free-for all.
    I like my free for all wars DAMMIT

Generals... they do a good job at flanking...

Quote Originally Posted by Nachox View Post
    Congragulations, years searching for a greek states mod and this release is exellent may you should get diferent skins because the hoplites of the diferent states are very similar
    also may you can extend the map a little more to the north to thessaly and aetolia or to the west yo syracuse and tarantine
    a persian invasion event would be sweet
    now i'm trying putting kla's hoplites to the mod
    The next release or so will have scripted events. No promises as to what this includes (after all, many of them will probably be story events), and we want them to be suprises at this juncture.

May I ask what city-states in particular you want included in the next releases?

Quote Originally Posted by KingLarsofMars View Post
    I like my free for all wars DAMMIT

Generals... they do a good job at flanking...
    Well, yes, but I think in general, sensibility would be better. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Amroth; March 02, 2009 at 09:25 AM. Reason: dp

Viva la Defenestrate!

here is a map of greece in the classical period aetolia and thessaly can be a good factions to the mod

ARRIBA LA CELESTE!!

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

But the mod starts in 360 B.C. and focuses on the Peloponnese. Aetolia and Thessaly can hardly be added!

congrats the mainr easont hat kepps other mods back is that researchers go on abotu adding factions and units this is good mod 1 man mod acheives very good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea View Post
    But the mod starts in 360 B.C. and focuses on the Peloponnese. Aetolia and Thessaly can hardly be added!
    But Aetolia is close to the peleponessus if the map is only concentred in that region the faction list will be very short
    if only the map can be extended a little more to the north you guys can put a lot of new factions
    i have a new idea why dont put units and polis original names like :hmmm:
    greek archer - Toxotai
    Tebes - Tebai
    Last edited by Nachox; March 02, 2009 at 02:31 PM.

ARRIBA LA CELESTE!!

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

Great choice of time period, looks great-downloading now.
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

greek archer - Toxotai
    Tebes - Tebai
    I prefer English.

But Aetolia is close to the peleponessus if the map is only concentred in that region the faction list will be very short
    if only the map can be extended a little more to the north you guys can put a lot of new factions
    greek archer - Toxotai
    Tebes - Tebai
    As much as this mod has outside appeal, it is designed around a story. Such factions don't come to play in the story... The map for this mod is not going to be expanded northwards. It's designed around the Peloponnese in 360, as was already mentioned, so Thessally is was out, and we're not expanding the map. This is the beta - after this point, we're removing bugs, adding features, and then releasing a final. Adding an entire faction is way out. It was just out of curiousity I was asking what factions you would like to see.

Unit names are a very minor part of the game, and as such, not our primary concern. Most people, to be honest, don't give them a second thought.

Viva la Defenestrate!