Thread: Couple of questions

saamohod's Avatar Tiro

Icon5 Couple of questions

1. Dismounted Teutonic - armour piercing?
    Noticed that Dismounted Teutonic Knight (in Late Era Campaign for HRE) is "effective against armour". Why should one-handed sword be armour-piercing? Is it a mistake?

2. Wood shortage?
    When playing with huge unit scale, longbowmen (and apparently any units utilizing stakes) deploy very short row of stake comparing to the unit's formation width, looks especially funny if the unit is in "spread out" mode. Can it be fixed in EDU files or whatever?

3.Rumour?
    I've read somewhere in manuals for vanilla MTW2 that some mounted units can be dismounted (for example gothic knight). I've been playing SS for almost a year and never ran across such an option!!

thanx for answer

SS6.1+RR+RC

Last edited by saamohod; March 01, 2009 at 10:38 PM.

Default Re: Couple of questions

3. I think that refers to the seperate units of dimounted knights (ie. heavy infantry). Not that knights can dismount during battle.

Quote Originally Posted by django333 View Post
    3. I think that refers to the seperate units of dimounted knights (ie. heavy infantry). Not that knights can dismount during battle.
    yeah i think they got rid of that feature for some strange reason.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by saamohod View Post
    1. Dismounted Teutonic - armour piercing?
    Noticed that Dismounted Teutonic Knight (in Late Era Campaign for HRE) is "effective against armour". Why should one-handed sword be armour-piercing? Is it a mistake?
    Where are you getting this from? I cant see anywhere in my game where Dism. Teutonic Knights have the armour piercing trait.

2. Wood shortage?
    When playing with huge unit scale, longbowmen (and apparently any units utilizing stakes) deploy very short row of stake comparing to the unit's formation width, looks especially funny if the unit is in "spread out" mode. Can it be fixed in EDU files or whatever?
    Can't be fixed. As far as I know the amount of stakes you get is set.

3.Rumour?
    I've read somewhere in manuals for vanilla MTW2 that some mounted units can be dismounted (for example gothic knight). I've been playing SS for almost a year and never ran across such an option!!
    There was no such feature ever in M2TW. The first MTW game did have this feature and Empire:TW has this feature (in fact in Empire you can dismount and remount your cavalry mid-battle) but it was never put in M2TW. Thats why you have mounted and dismounted versions of the same unit.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

saamohod's Avatar Tiro

Icon9 Re

I'm not lying!
    Here's the proof attached.

SS6.1-RR-RC

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

I assume that's the RR/RC that came with SS?

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

That's because the "original" mounted teutonic knights had AP maces and there were no dismounted version in vanilla. When KK added the dismounted version he used a 1-hand sword model and put AP on it.

It would be unfair if the unit had AP when mounted but was stripped of AP when dismounted. For reasons why he didn't use a foot knight model with maces in the first place, you'd have to ask KK.

saamohod's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    I assume that's the RR/RC that came with SS?
    Yep.

saamohod's Avatar Tiro

Thanx for the answer. I do think now that it was a minor bug, or whatever it might be called.