Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Preview of Eriador (outdated)

Kristiqnthomthom's Avatar Civis

Default Re: -- Preview of Eriador --

Am I one of the few that actually like those units, I like how they are so colourful, the pike unit, the only thing I think needs reworking is the weapons on some units - I actually like the peasants alot +rep(EDIT must spread before you can get more, any one want some rep?)(EDITEDIT solved after repping some randomguys)
    Last edited by Kristiqnthomthom; February 27, 2009 at 08:27 AM. Reason: rep part

Citizen

Here

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    I'd say Rhûn is at least as difficult, if not more.
    Well there is tons of art and heavy infantry from Rhûn was seen in film so I'd say it's quite a lot easier faction. There are almost no visual references about forces Dale or Eriador.

People, give contructive critisiscm, posts like "these models are ugly!!1 lol" will be deleted immediatly.
    Last edited by Varjon; February 27, 2009 at 08:34 AM.

Yes the forces of Eriador were never shown in the film

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Varjon View Post
    Well there is tons of art and heavy infantry from Rhûn was seen in film so I'd say it's quite a lot easier faction. There are almost no visual references about forces Dale or Eriador.
    But i don't think they are that hard, they are just like a simple European faction with peasants and simple archers etc, while Rhun doesn't look like anything we have seen in our world.

Quote Originally Posted by Fereveldir View Post
    Come on. We know that it's hard to create units from scratch without any visual reference, but these are just..."ugly". Their design is ok for the most parts, but the models and skins and weapons don't reach the quality that other previews have.
    I agree. Textures are very low, models are weird... I know - this is very difficould, but this units need better concepts, textures and models ;P soryy

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLenon View Post
    I agree. Textures are very low, models are weird... I know - this is very difficould, but this units need better concepts, textures and models ;P soryy

Faces are a bit strange

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Eol_Nauglamir View Post
    kingdom of dale was also very good!! Why does everybody think kingdom of dale was bad!?
    If you read my post more crefully you notice that I didn't say that Dale was bad, I said that he has improved his modelling and skinning skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Fereveldir View Post
    But i don't think they are that hard, they are just like a simple European faction with peasants and simple archers etc, while Rhun doesn't look like anything we have seen in our world.
    Actually they were pretty similar to nomadic people of Asia. But I agree that Dale and Eriador were similar to Western European folks but there still isn't visual references to them.

Remind me to wipe out Eriador first so I don't have to encounter these guys too much.
    Last edited by Jalal ad-Din Mingburnu; February 27, 2009 at 08:48 AM.

Saruman the white wizard's Avatar Decanus
    Schouwerzijl, a little village in the north of the Netherlands.

The ranger sentries are awesome .

Well, I think those units look very good but they're no match for the other previews
    But if you can just reworkt them a bit they're good for the 1st release,...
    Last edited by King Théoden; February 27, 2009 at 08:57 AM.
    Computer crashed... SAD

eskrogh's Avatar Biarchus

i simpy love the greenwood guards.. (good work) and hope the knights, grey company, and the dunedain rangers will be just like that... but im sorry to say it but the scouts simply is too ugly... i think all the cloaks should be the same, like grey-green and not the camoflage coloure it is is now...
    ´+ i hink they just need a little more heavy infantery
    thats was my opinion
    If people isnt over the minimum standard of living... lower the standard..
    if there is too much poverty in a sociaty, lower the poverty line... my qoutes... comment them if you will...

They look good for me in the first release like King Theoden said a little more reworking and they will be great
    I KNOW MY NAME IS supposed TO BE MISPELLED
    Please leave your name if you give me rep, so I can rep you back thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Varjon View Post

People, give contructive critisiscm, posts like "these models are ugly!!1 lol" will be deleted immediatly.
    While I won't besmirch Krechet (as he worked hard) no visual references is not something any artist should have a problem with. In fact it should have been easier as he wouldn't have to live up to a standard already set and he could create anything he felt like.

Take Isenguard for example. Absolutely amazing work, but it has to live up to the standard that the movie set and so Alletun has faced ALOT of critisizim.

The problem is Krechet is new at this and, despite his best efforts, he can't match the visual quality that others on the mod can produce. That being said, the community could phrase their disappointment in a different way.

Hmmm I didn't like them very much.Defenitely need to be reworked a little bit. But still I appreciate the effort. +rep
    ===PC===
    MB: Gigabyte X48-DQ6
    CPU: Intel C2Q Q9550 @3,61GHz + IFX-14 *LAPPED*
    RAM: Corsair Dominator 2x2GB DDR2 @1020 5-5-4-12
    VC:
    Gigabyte Ati Radeon HD4870X2 @Default
    HDD's: 2x Seagate 750GB/7200RPM/32MB cache
    PSU: PC Power & Cooling 1000W Turbo-Cool
    CASE: Cooler Master 831 Black

carth's Avatar Tiro

i dont like them neither a lot, still those peasants with different weapons are cool! better then just one sort of weapon.
    the colours just need to be a little darker, green and brown are fine.

and this has nothing to do with how they look but eriador seems rather weak compared to other factions right? or are those dunedain/rangers very and i mean very good at shooting? because there defense most be horrible?

and couldnt you use some hobbit peasant archers? the old king of arnor used them too in the war against Angmar. they are good archers. and maybe some sherrifs? i know this is a lot of work, but they need something special i think.

well i hope you make some adjustments!
    "By the blood of our people, your lands kept safe."

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Guys, stop saying things like "ungly", "awful" etc.

Krechet made great job and if he changes the colours a bit and remove the camouflage from the scouts while adjusting a bit the size of the hammers it will be great!!!

Saruman the white wizard's Avatar Decanus
    Schouwerzijl, a little village in the north of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by carth View Post
    i dont like them neither a lot, still those peasants with different weapons are cool! better then just one sort of weapon.
    the colours just need to be a little darker, green and brown are fine.

and this has nothing to do with how they look but eriador seems rather weak compared to other factions right? or are those dunedain/rangers very and i mean very good at shooting? because there defense most be horrible?

and couldnt you use some hobbit peasant archers? the old king of arnor used them too in the war against Angmar. they are good archers. and maybe some sherrifs? i know this is a lot of work, but they need something special i think.

well i hope you make some adjustments!
    Hobbit archers and maybe militia will be added later.

Great work as allways, keep it up.
    Be ready always to satisfy everyone that asketh you a reason of that hope which is in you. -- St. Peter, 1 Peter 3:15

Man has often lost his way, but modern man has lost his address. ~Gilbert K. Chesterton

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn of Carrok View Post
    Guys, stop saying things like "ungly", "awful" etc.

Krechet made great job and if he changes the colours a bit and remove the camouflage from the scouts while adjusting a bit the size of the hammers it will be great!!!
    That's your opinion. Mine is different. What makes you think that only you are allowed to state your opinion?