Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bug reports for v3.4

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Bug reports for v3.4

That's really strange about the script. I have no idea why it could be causing the problem. It's probably related to the fact that the CTD doesn't always happen in the same place, but...

Wait a second. Try going into the script 4tpy file and commenting out all of the Sarmatian spawns (just search for Sarmatian). That might do the trick.

The CTD fix is fully implemented, and the hotfix won't mess it up.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

it helped in the way that the game doesn't crash at the turn of the year. thx so far.
    however the main problem still exists.
    on the on hand, it crashes by clicking on the portrait in 184 bc.
    on the other hand, just dismissing the advisor (so it will be summer instead of spring as it should be), plus making some management in this turn and finally skipping to the next turn, it is already winter again, thus it shows the 4tpy script has been deactivated.
    Quinn, my hero of the day!

I'm still surprised by this. So did you try commenting out the Sarmatian spawns?
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Default CTD

Is 184 B.C., my game was very fun, until the advisor portrait came out, informing about the four turns per year as ussually, I click on it, and, CTD!!!, my face went from this , to , I re-open the game, I have 2 saved game called Roma, y Roma 1, and the autosave, and in all of these 3 files It CTD when the advisor of the four turns per year came out.
    If I continue closing the advisor portrait it doesn't CTD, but when I let her without closing it, it CTD!!!.
    I just wanna play , i will attach a picture of my map, without appearing the advisor.
    I think that I have the same problem as Seleukos.
    I'm playing at VH/VH, with Rome if this matters.
    Last edited by Katto; April 19, 2009 at 11:59 AM.

Default Re: CTD

Tiny text error - I moused over a Thracian army, and it said it was led by the "Dacian Faction Heir."

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn Inuit View Post
    I'm still surprised by this. So did you try commenting out the Sarmatian spawns?
    yep, i did. like mentioned above, this only prevents the game from CTD by clicking the next turn button (in winter 185 bc). apart from that, i do have the same problem like Katto and i described previously.

does anyone else had encountered this bug (especially in 184 bc)? if not, maybe it has something to do with the language version. i'll try to reinstall the vanilla game in english - if possible - instead of my german one and reinstall the mod, too. finally i'll set my winxp to english and report the results here tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Seleukos Nikator View Post
    yep, i did. like mentioned above, this only prevents the game from CTD by clicking the next turn button (in winter 185 bc). apart from that, i do have the same problem like Katto and i described previously.

does anyone else had encountered this bug (especially in 184 bc)? if not, maybe it has something to do with the language version. i'll try to reinstall the vanilla game in english - if possible - instead of my german one and reinstall the mod, too. finally i'll set my winxp to english and report the results here tomorrow.
    I play RTREx in english, with the vanilla version in english, and with the RTREx in english too, so I don't think that this CTD is a problem of lenguage.

Quote Originally Posted by Katto View Post
    I play RTREx in english, with the vanilla version in english, and with the RTREx in english too, so I don't think that this CTD is a problem of lenguage.
    okay, thanks. this saved the trouble of reinstalling. what setting of language do you have of your windows installation?

@ quinn: do you know if the creator of the 4tpy mod is still active in this forum? maybe he could solve the riddle...

Quote Originally Posted by Seleukos Nikator View Post
    okay, thanks. this saved the trouble of reinstalling. what setting of language do you have of your windows installation?

@ quinn: do you know if the creator of the 4tpy mod is still active in this forum? maybe he could solve the riddle...
    Your welcome, I have Spanish Windows XP installed.
    BTW, it seems that quin it gone for a while . Who will help us?

Sorry, been sick.

I think the 4tpy creator has been gone for awhile. I'll look into it, though. There are a limited number of possibilities for what's causing a fixed-date bug, I think. When it was just one person I figured it was a hosed savegame, but now I'm pretty sure it's something else.

Edit: Oh, and the ironic thing about that faction heir text is that, since the faction will soon be officially Dacia, that's been wrong so long that it's right again.

Edit 2: Ok, the only trigger I can find around that time period is the one for "concrete_invented", but I think that's the wrong year. If you want to test it, though, put a semicolon before the lines for that event in the events file in the barbarian_invasion folder.

So everyone's using the English game, right? Also, could you post a savegame for me to try?
    Last edited by Quinn Inuit; April 21, 2009 at 09:52 AM.

Edit 2: Ok, the only trigger I can find around that time period is the one for "concrete_invented", but I think that's the wrong year. If you want to test it, though, put a semicolon before the lines for that event in the events file in the barbarian_invasion folder.
    tested and failed. these changes made, now i have the old problem again: when i hit the next turn button, it will CTD when the rebels would conduct their turn OR when skipping from rebels to next turn (<- not sure which of both is happening).
    sarmatian script is still commented out.
    (IMHO) so it seems it has got something to do with the rebel faction?
    @ Katto: at which faction does your CTD occur?

So everyone's using the English game, right?
    nope, i am still using german vanilla rome-tw with english ExRM since Katto stated that it is not an issue of language due to the fact he is using english both, vanilla rome-tw and ExRM mod.

Also, could you post a savegame for me to try?
    please have a look on page 7 of this thread; i posted a .rar file with 2 savegames there.

(...) When it was just one person I figured it was a hosed savegame, but now I'm pretty sure it's something else. (...)
    damn sure, it is NOT a hosed savegeame. i've tried replaying from different years (188, 187, 186 bc) and the CTD always happened to me at the same time (185 bc -> 184 bc).
    Last edited by Seleukos Nikator; April 21, 2009 at 01:00 PM.

Sorry, been sick.
    It's good to see you back

Thanks. Ok, I'll check out that savegame. I thought there was one on here somewhere.

Yeah, still feeling under the weather, but I want to help out here.

Default Repeatable Attack Error

Repeatable attack error. Hourglass cursor gets stuck spinning. A strange almost freeze, as I can do nothing else but shut it down via ctrl alt delete. There is no unit flag over my attacking army's head either.

After getting tired of RTRPE, yesterday I downloaded this mode and it's just GREAT. I started multiple new campaigns and i noticed a few bugs. Most of them already reported (like ALL events in second turn,...). One time I didn't get autosaves, but it never occured again. Is that normal?
    Also in one sea battle, I supposadly won, and didn't sustain any losses. But in reality enemy ships remained (although "wounded") and I lost one ship. Is this normal? Then it's different then RTRPE, where if you won the enemy fleet sunk.

A question: is there a historical reason why Pella isn't a macedonian start town, or is it just here to balance things out? Also how can I change starting towns for a faction? What file do I have to change and what in it? I don't like several things in this mode (like Pergamon belonging to Seleucids. I don't think that this EVER happened historiclly. Or, am I mistaken?) and i would like to play with it a bit.
    P.S. Also to use this post completely: I think you all are adressing the Super Balkan Force (whichever it comes out: Thrace, Macedon...), a bit wrong. You shouldn't just play with the factions but with the terrain itself. Balkan is filled mountains, forests and rivers. And 3rd century B.C. there were no roads or bridges there. So to counter the super balkan invasion forces you should: Place MORE mountains, hills, forests, rivers and LESS roads and bridges. Create just several "pathways" to narrow all factions into using them and fighting in them. Strip it from all resources you can it. It was and is a poor area (I'm form there, i know).

@ Katto: at which faction does your CTD occur?
    I finish my turn playing as Roman, it doesn't happen in the turn of another faction like rebels, then in my turn the avatar pops out as ussually and CTD when he speak me about the 4 turns per year.
    Here I would add my saved games, Roma y Roma 1. I star this saved games, and it CTD almost instantly with the pop out of the avatar.
    Sorry about my english but I have a really bad sinusitis right now, and I can stay much longer on the PC.

Well, I guess it's time for me to add a CTD of my own. I've just read through the entire bug-thread and haven't found any solutions to my particular problem.

I'm playing as Rome, having conquered all of southern Italy and Syracuse, when TGC comes sneaking in from Greece and starts a siege at Tarentum. I'm all set to destroy them with reinforcements in the next turn, but as I press end turn, I get a CTD. This isn't the first I've gotten in RTWTRExRM, but the first I've not been able to bypass by reloading a savegame. The year is 265, a nice warm summer for killing Greeks, and I've really enjoyed my campaign too much to give it up without bothering people in the forum

I've downloaded the fixed export_descr_buildings, tried zooming in and out of the map, moving units, starting recruitment, stopping recruitment, +++, but nothing makes it go away. I've attached a .rar with the savegame, hopefully someone will be able to figure out what's wrong...

Apart from these CTD-mishaps, I've really enjoyed TRExRM so far. I guess bugs like these are the price we have to pay for enjoying these fine mods for free. Kudos to pannonian for the post on page 7 That really made my mood much better, despite the recent frustrations

Quote Originally Posted by atticus.wiig View Post
    RTWTRExRM
    Rome Total War Total Realism Extended Realism Mod?

I think ExRM will do as well

Okay, a new bug. i was in year 248 bc, and couple of turns later: buum it was 256 BC. Back to the past. But nothing changed except the date. I have no idea why or even when excatly the error occured. I dunno if this is just RTWTRExRM (lol) or the whole RTW error

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Perhaps you didn't run the 4tpy script, and when it finally did run, it had to reset the date to earlier.