Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A comprehensive guide to Medieval 2 Total War Diplomacy

Default Re: A comprehensive guide to Medieval 2 Total War Diplomacy

It's basically impossible to get your foes to accept vassalage oaths, some of them truly rather be destroyed than accept kneel to you lol. Now I do not understand why my reputation is "Very Untrustworthy" if I did not betray anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisFY View Post
    It's basically impossible to get your foes to accept vassalage oaths, some of them truly rather be destroyed than accept kneel to you lol. Now I do not understand why my reputation is "Very Untrustworthy" if I did not betray anyone.
    Most likely from executing prisoners or sacking/exterminating settlements you capture. There are many things that affect reputation. Not just betrayal.

It's wrong, it should be unrelated, if you are ruthless it does not mean you are not a man of word.

It's wrong, it should be unrelated, if you are ruthless it does not mean you are not a man of word.
    Well look at it this way. People probably expected you to act a certain way even if you were at war. They probably don't expect you to go into cities and kill all of the women and children. If you do something dishonorable like that, then they wouldn't know what other unwritten "rules of war" that you might break, and would be less likely to trust you. So even if you don't explicitly break your word on anything, people might still see you as untrustworthy.

But if you don't like that, it takes a couple of seconds to change in your descr_faction_standing file, assuming that you have unpacked the game's data files.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaRosario View Post
    But if you don't like that, it takes a couple of seconds to change in your descr_faction_standing file, assuming that you have unpacked the game's data files.
    And how do I do that?

And how do I do that?
    Find the triggers for execute/sack/exterminate and remove the global faction standing reduction.

Laetus

Nice guide but i never use diplomacy except for trade agreements, give me 5 horsearchers and i can defeat any incoming invaders

Good guide. I red it few month ago and it helped me to understand Diplomacy much better and now I can plan my moves much better, because I can predict how it will effect surrounding kingdoms

When you ally with factions, does it unlock new units? EX, I am allied with the Scottish as France, and it unlocked Scot Guards, or something like that, but I don't get anything from my English alliance...?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Awesomeness View Post
    When you ally with factions, does it unlock new units? EX, I am allied with the Scottish as France, and it unlocked Scot Guards, or something like that, but I don't get anything from my English alliance...?
    this is not possible AFAIK in vanila
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Thank you for this, hopefully I can get a hold on diplomacy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserlicher Ritter View Post
    Most likely you did something like join a crusade against a country with which you had a trade agreement, without ending the trade agreement first. By the way, it's not enough to end the trade agreement by clicking on the option on the left side of the screen, you have to choose that option, then click on the "tell your opponent" option in the bottom -right of the screen. You always have to end agreements before declaring war or you will get more and more untrustworthy.

It's easy to improve relations with another faction, just offer them a "very generous" offer over and over again, this will make your relations improve all the way to perfect. The offer doesn't have to be accepted, so offer them several provinces for a price they can't pay (8-10,000 florins), then do it again and again. The down side to this is that each offer refused reduces your diplomat's skill level, so you may end up with a diplomat who has no diplomacy skill points. So you need to have diplomats with high skill levels who always succeed at their deal making (save before trying and reload and try another faction if they fail) who make you lots of money plus diplomats with no skill who you send around improving your relations with very generous offers that can't be accepted.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345