Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: RIOS IBFD BRG II EXPANSION RELEASED

Default Re: RIOS IBFD BRG II EXPANSION RELEASED

I have a little problem with this great mod.Well when my general died,his' ancillary 'magister militum' died with him.Can I use cheats to give this ancillary(or trait,I don't know) of one of my generals?

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio II Gothic View Post
    I have a little problem with this great mod.Well when my general died,his' ancillary 'magister militum' died with him.Can I use cheats to give this ancillary(or trait,I don't know) of one of my generals?
    Hi Claudio II Gothic
    The only thing I can think of is if you saved the game before he died, you could click on the magister militum' ancillary, drag and drop it over that general you want to recieve it. I think that general has to be in the same army or together.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio II Gothic View Post
    I don't know the cheat command, but it's true that to transfer ancillaries between generals they must be in the same army or town. I do that usually for ancillaries that gives medical bonuses or whatever useful to generals leading armies'y for conquest (as bonuses due to town management to the one's not leading armies ...)

ayeaye Sir

Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post
    I don't know the cheat command, but it's true that to transfer ancillaries between generals they must be in the same army or town. I do that usually for ancillaries that gives medical bonuses or whatever useful to generals leading armies'y for conquest (as bonuses due to town management to the one's not leading armies ...)

ayeaye Sir
    Usually I try to send very young generals which are still very unexperienced to the same town as old-aged ones and then I transfer the best ancillaries from the old ones to the younger ones like the ancillaries which gives boni via titles or retainers.

greetings

Hohenlohe

-Redid some of the building costs.
    -Made paved roads and more advanced roads a difficult technology to do.
    -Empire East is an empire not so economical constricted as in the west.
    a-the Empire East was still growing and somewhat prosperous. The west was in decline
    -Sassanids are a great foe vs the Empire East and like wise.
    -Redid some of the unit costs.
    -More money to be played with for all factions but money needs to be spent wisely.
    a-plagues and sieges, especially to the capitals have a severe impact to finances coming in.
    Last edited by Riothamus; June 20, 2009 at 09:55 PM.

Hey Rio, glad to be here in the new year. I've been meaning to ask you, I did have some problems with your mod before but I am willing to try once again, after I think I nailed what is causing CTDs in both your mod and Leon's IBFD 7.03a submod. I always install 'IBRR 8.0 Revolutions' sound mod to any installation of IBFD I have, assuming since it's based on IBFD and it's 'sound only' it would work without problems. However, I now notice at least this version of the sound mod somehow corrupts anything that is not vanilla IBFD 7.03. I've always installed Revolutions because I assumed it's a successor to Ihatemondays' sound mod. However, you have stated many times the latter is compatible with VGR.

So my question is: do you have a copy of Ihatemondays sound mod you could upload so I can try to fix up my VGR and maybe even Leon's mod! Of course I like yours much better and will use it for my late-era mod if all goes well. But if not only getting the install file for the sound mod would be enough. I don't know if link is broken on first page but I can't use it. Thanks again and stay healthy!

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius-Augustus View Post
    Hey Rio, glad to be here in the new year. I've been meaning to ask you, I did have some problems with your mod before but I am willing to try once again, after I think I nailed what is causing CTDs in both your mod and Leon's IBFD 7.03a submod. I always install 'IBRR 8.0 Revolutions' sound mod to any installation of IBFD I have, assuming since it's based on IBFD and it's 'sound only' it would work without problems. However, I now notice at least this version of the sound mod somehow corrupts anything that is not vanilla IBFD 7.03. I've always installed Revolutions because I assumed it's a successor to Ihatemondays' sound mod. However, you have stated many times the latter is compatible with VGR.

So my question is: do you have a copy of Ihatemondays sound mod you could upload so I can try to fix up my VGR and maybe even Leon's mod! Of course I like yours much better and will use it for my late-era mod if all goes well. But if not only getting the install file for the sound mod would be enough. I don't know if link is broken on first page but I can't use it. Thanks again and stay healthy!
    Great to hear from you old friend. I will look see if I have a copy of the soundmod. I'm back in the gym after 3 years of an injury but all is well now. Thank you

Oh that sound awful Rio that injury but I'm very glad you're okay now and back on track. It's not a big deal about the soundmod, I actually realised every mod has to have it's own version I think. Is the one originally uploaded by you tailored to VGR or not? If not, it's maybe the most 'generic' version and I could probably try it out with Leon's IBFD 7.03a (in case VGR fails to run again).

I hope you stay healthy and can work out and do everything else your heart desires. Nice to hear from you, man!

UPDATE: Okay, I reinstalled the whole VGR II from scratch and for now it seems no problems (even with sprites. However, I've been having some lag on the campaign map (may have mentioned this to you a looong time ago). That's no problem, I know it's not your fault but my PC's but recently I installed and played several other mods and have had the same problem with some of them - they all shared one same thing - the camp map tree models were changed, and for some reason my PC seems to handle them badly and that results in *significant* slowdown on campmap. Now the solution I found with other mods is deleting/moving descr_climates.txt file from the modfolder which makes the game revert to the old file in the main RTW/data folder.

However, with your mod, I can't seem to find this file in the mod files. Is there any other way I can remove the new campmap trees/revert to the vanilla ones as a possible fix?
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; January 22, 2018 at 05:55 AM.

Laetus

Is there a working download link? Megaupload has been taken down since 2012 and filesharv doesn't work as well. Thanks

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Isn't this the old BRG mod? Or is this actually an add-on to the latest version of the mod? If it's the latter then I agree, there needs to be a working download link. @Riothamus

Yes.. When I was young. its from Rio Mods and it has evolved to now.Its on Mediafire. See the Downloads thread

Where do i find this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Hohenstaufen234 View Post
    Where do i find this one?
    Click on this link

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...D-INSTRUCTIONS
    Last edited by Riothamus; July 02, 2018 at 02:31 AM.

The link is dead, can you reupload it again?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567