Thread: Great Orators of the Democratic Party

Icon10 Great Orators of the Democratic Party

Great Orators of the Democratic Party...

'One man with courage makes a majority.'
    - Andrew Jackson

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.'
    - Franklin D. Roosevelt

'The buck stops here.'
    - Harry S. Truman

'Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.'
    - John F. Kennedy

And today's great democrats...

'It depends what your definition of 'IS' is?''
    - Bill Clinton

'That Obama - I would like to cut his NUTS off.'
    - Jesse Jackson

'Those rumors are false .... I believe in the sanctity of marriage.'
    - John Edwards

'I invented the Internet'
    - Al Gore

'The next Person that tells me I'm not religious, I'm going to shove my rosary beads up their ***.'

- Joe Biden

' America is--is no longer, uh, what it--it, uh, could be, uh what it was once was...uh, and I say to myself, 'uh, I don't want that future, uh, uh for my children.'
    - Barack Obama

'I have campaigned in all 57 states.
    - Barack Obama

'You don't need God anymore, you have us democrats.'
    - Nancy Pelosi (said back in 2006)

'Bill is the greatest husband and father I know. No one is more faithful, true, and honest than he.'
    - Hillary Clinton (said back in 1998)

:usflag:

I decree the official topic of this thread is, ''The Democrats of the past in comparison to today". - Яome kb8
    Last edited by Каие; February 13, 2009 at 03:35 PM.

King James !!

Default Re: Great Orators of the Democratic Party

What ground breaking satire.

Funny that you make a thread totally intended for mockery. I guess this means I get to talk about how useless this thread is for discussion and get to stay on topic at the same time.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Funny that you make a thread totally intended for mockery. I guess this means I get to talk about how useless this thread is for discussion and get to stay on topic at the same time.
    Well... i think the point here is that the Democratic Party has maybe lost some of its Patriotic roots, the satire was thus meant to present that argument in a light hearted fashion.

Besides.. people post Bushisms all the time.

King James !!

Watch. A Great Orators of the Republican Party will spring up soon.
    But mark me well; Religion is my name;
    An angel once: but now a fury grown,
    Too often talked of, but too little known.

-Jonathan Swift

"There's only a few things I'd actually kill for: revenge, jewelry, Father O'Malley's weedwacker..."
    -Bender (Futurama) awesome

Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal.
    -Immortal Technique

Just listen to some British politicians, and suddenly anyone will look like great orators in comparision - count yourself lucky there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron James View Post
    Well... i think the point here is that the Democratic Party has maybe lost some of its Patriotic roots, the satire was thus meant to present that argument in a light hearted fashion.
    Surely the quotes you gave mostly indicate that the democratic party aren't all inspired speakers or speechwriters. I would assume there's nothing inherently unpatriotic about lacking eloquance (Dubya).

And to be fair, hearing Obama speak I would classify him as a fairly decent orator.

Surely the quotes you gave mostly indicate that the democratic party aren't all inspired speakers or speechwriters. I would assume there's nothing inherently unpatriotic about lacking eloquance (Dubya).

And to be fair, hearing Obama speak I would classify him as a fairly decent orator.
    good points

King James !!

Do I really need to open a 'George W Bush The Great Orator Of The Republican Party' thread?

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

Quote Originally Posted by jankren View Post
    Do I really need to open a 'George W Bush The Great Orator Of The Republican Party' thread?
    Nah...hijack this one.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Dunecat's Avatar Praefectus

How could you forget John Kerry?

*EDIT*- Also, Al Gore's flop could have certainly gone unsaid but the man is not psychotic. The satire would be funny if it wasn't always used by smug idiots who don't read.

Senator

LOL.

+rep

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron James View Post
    Well... i think the point here is that the Democratic Party has maybe lost some of its Patriotic roots
    Or perhaps you don't know the awful gaffes of forgotten politicians from half a century ago?

Was nearly 8 years of it why rehash what has already been done on mudpit. Atleast this is somewhat new though with all the crap on the mudpit I wonder why this seems to bug people, its tame in comparison.

Watch. Great Mistakes of the American People to Uphold American Democracy is soon around the corner.
    But mark me well; Religion is my name;
    An angel once: but now a fury grown,
    Too often talked of, but too little known.

-Jonathan Swift

"There's only a few things I'd actually kill for: revenge, jewelry, Father O'Malley's weedwacker..."
    -Bender (Futurama) awesome

Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal.
    -Immortal Technique

Civitate

Moved to the Political Academy. I decree the official topic of this thread is, ''The Democrats of the past in comparison to today".

Al Gore did have a hand in inventing the internet.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

And he never said that he did invent it he simply said that he played a large role in the legislation that allowed for the internet to become what we know it is today.
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

Ältester der Motten's Avatar Primicerius

Al Gore did have a hand in inventing the internet.
    I think you meant developing.

Civitate

I hope this thread is going somewhere...