Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    I have one small question... I love the campaign model for Constantinople, i think it's the best custom model of them all in every mod, i think Miszel really outdid himself there.

I do wonder if you guys would plan to remove the Galata tower though. It seems really out of place, it wasn't built for another 500 years.
    Befire Galata tower there was anoither older tower holding the edge of the chain. Remember that that chain was in place even in 711 in the Arabic siege!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

kastellion tou Galatou was built as a whole fortress under Iustinian, but that's all was left by this point

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Befire Galata tower there was anoither older tower holding the edge of the chain. Remember that that chain was in place even in 711 in the Arabic siege!
    Yes i know, but it's clearly the the new Galata tower in the model... Not saying it's a must change, just feels a bit off. A more generic tower would work better i think, but again, not really an issue, just something i noticed

505 turns and keep going.
    Paulician event done.
    Lombard unification done.
    Venice autonomy done.
    Michail's rebelion done.
    Bogomils unrest done.
    Kometopuloi rebelion done.
    East FRANKIA Nobles revolt done.
    Pechenegs apearebce done,
    Fatimids apereance done.
    Kalbids rebelion done.
    Khaznavids invasion done
    Rus invasion in Constantinople done.
    Rus invasion in Charson done.
    HRE apereance done.
    Athanatoi apearene done.
    Varangian apearence done.

So most of major events work as inteanded.
    Faction misions work /done.

Events that wait to be seen :
    1st and 2nd Norman invasion in Italy
    The Turcoman invasion
    The 1054 Schism event that will split christians in to two sides.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Paulician event done.
    Venice autonomy done.
    Michail's rebelion done.
    Bogomils unrest done.
    Fatimids apereance done.
    Kalbids rebelion done.
    Khaznavids invasion done
    HRE apereance done.
    Athanatoi apearene done.

2nd Norman invasion in Italy
    The Turcoman invasion
    1st Norman invasion done. nad since they wont find Achabids in Sicely they will fight me. Now I have early Norman Knights as mercenaries in my disposal.

Excellent sounds fantastic

Paulician event done.
    Venice autonomy done.
    Michail's rebelion done.
    Bogomils unrest done.
    Fatimids apereance done.
    Kalbids rebelion done.
    Khaznavids invasion done
    HRE apereance done.
    Athanatoi apearene done.
    1st Norman invasion done. nad since they wont find Achabids in Sicely they will fight me. Now I have early Norman Knights as mercenaries in my disposal.

The Turcoman invasion
    2nd Norman invasion in Italy done.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

that´s good news

Your back Tartaros excellent. I do hope you are well in body and mind

I'm still getting those annoying random ctds that I have to go back several years, but I don't get as far as that.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Glad to see this is still being developed!

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Glad to see this is still being developed!
    Mate I am from Melbourne too... In fact i was born in Queen Victoria Memorial Hospital 50 years ago and stayed in a Victorian house in Madden Grove str im Burnley ... but i came in Greece still being a baby!
    Now ..The mod is still in development.
    I am completeing the most extensive campaign test ever made (i am in turn 750 of 800) for victory conditions.
    The steps that will follow the completion of the test are.

1. Total remake of all Muslim Faction Rosters with merging cloned units, adding unique per faction ones. This includes UI cards of all kind and descriptions of units to have no steps back.
    2. Adding Muslim and Lombard/Venetian/Papacy aka south european portaits.
    3. Fixing in Cambaign and battle UI faction symbols.
    4. Fixing strat_map faction symbols.
    5. Adding female characters again as strat_map in order to make sure that a dynasty king or heir will be married and have children.
    6. Kometopuloi rebelion will be dynasth change and that will triger a Bulgarian rebelion frm Bulgarian ususrpers suporters of Crum Dynasty. That will make sure that historical characters like Samouil (Basil II's greatest opponet ) will exist.
    7. We hope that we will fix East FRANKIA replecement with HRE and not having HRE as Horde. That will work as quide for future transformation of Magyars to Hungarians.
    8. We will add Turcomanic Horde and Norman Horde with some artilery in order to attack heavily guarded settlements.
    9. Sviatoslav's invasion to Bulgaria that he will turn against Romans too.

That will be DATA 0.98C
    Data 0.98D will include.
    • Total remake of slavic units that will include comon ones for Rus, Great Moravia, Serbia and Rebels. Unique ones for Great Moravia and Serbia .
    • Portriats of slavic characters.
    • Addition of Swabian unit for Papacy as PALACE unit.
    • Adition of attachment texture for hired (mercenaries) Knights for Romans, Papacy and Lombards after the first Norman raid in Italy.

Data. 0.99.A will have total remake of the Bulgarian unit roster that has the oldest models/textures and adding its Usurprers units/textures.
    Dara 0.99. B Will have a polishing of Norman Units with 3d parts and new animations .
    Data 0.99 C will have all units added from other mods as plceholders to be remade in TGC's style.
    Data 1.0 Beta will have all East frankia and HRE units polishing were needed . Also adding all different style UI unit cards and their descriptions.
    DATA 1.0 Official (we hope) will include some battlemap settlements changes in each culture textures or even models IF an IWTE expert will help us complete the mod.
    I hope i will be still alive to see the OFFICIAL release.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; June 16, 2022 at 11:32 AM.

AnthontiusII I have just been reading and come across several questions, mostly stemming from translation. The word ( Πογομύλοι) English we use -Bogomil, in the Greek simply means "all of them" whereas in slavic, the same group are referred to as messalians. Do you have any source that helps with this? Please.
    It's in reference to Hagioriticon gramma

Bogomils (gr: Βογομιλοι) were a branch of Christianity raised in Bulgaria . The movement started as pacifist in the main idea the same time Bulgarians wanted despertly "soldiers" to claimm equal rights in the Roman Empire or necome fully indipendent. Bogomils soon declaired "heretics". In TGC we use that uprissing of the bulgarian mob to point out how a pacifist movement can be manipulated from people that seak power. In fact TGC's Bogomils are ususrpers ussing the mob to stand against the legal ragime of Bulgaria. Bogomils though affected in less extend the Romans as well but the Church in Roman Empire had all the "tools" to errase that threat aerly on. In TGC we use Michail's rebalion and Bogomils like we do with Paulicians for Romans. A compromise to have huge states under continue unrest to make it hard to control.

Brilliant thank you, it's the term that was confusing in Greek.

The most complete beta testing is over:

30 CTDs that forced me load save games 3-4 turns earlier.
    35 Random CTDs that exist in the vanilla game no matter what we do.
    Now I proceed to the next steps as I descrbed above.
    Stay tuned.
    This data with my last save game will uploaded to add new scripts, errase 1/3 of the huge mountains with more smooth hills to provide better battlefields , larger coast lines, better lakes and relocation of some settlements and their ports because now many of them over lap one an other or are half in to the water. Smooth coast lines because theyr are to high from sea level and half of coastal settlement are half baried in the earth. Less un accesible forrests. Lakes that do not use sea water.
    With the "lighter" strat_map settlement models we hope that the mod will produce half random CTDs that created now.
    Three missing events will added.
    The East Frankian nobles revolt.
    The Sviatoslav's invasion in to Bulgaria.
    The Schism that will separate the christian world to 2 sides.
    For that we may need to change few factions culture and religion status.
    Also we hope that someone will help _tartaros_ to find a solution to smooth replacement of East Frankia with HRE.
    NOW it time to start showing progress for the Muslim factions.
    Razor donated us with more heads textures that will allow to make more unique Slavic and Bulgarian rosters and finally new heads for Germans and Normans and Croatians. Plenty of dark haired , blond and hopefully red haired heads in the future.

I am very excited looking forward to starting a fresh campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    I am very excited looking forward to starting a fresh campaign
    It will take a while.
    _tartaros_ focus of Rom I Remaster mod of his , Jurcek works hard for Tsardoms and had no time for us, Miszrel is missing bor both TGC and Tsardoms. Miquel_80 is inactive for TGC long time now....
    Scripters, IWTE tool experts and other experts work on fantacy or all ready began mods. So TGC will stay unfinished for a loooong time!

I recall thinking back to when the great conflicts was a concept, wishing for a release. I can wait longer for a polish

I have some good news.
    I pack my entire TGC folder with the curent data and my saves inorder to be the basis of our extentions and additions.
    WE GREATFULLY THANK Gigantus that will run some tests and also will help us in time to refine our map to avoid unplaybale battlefields generation, smooth coats lines, deleting 1/3 of unnessesary mountains and inaccesible forrests that will make the game "lighter" with less random CTDs. Please rep him on sight. His help was and still is very crusial for us.
    After i will upload my data my last saves will allow the mapper to adjust the lands to relocate settlements and harbors to avoid over lapping one an other.
    For a long time my next data will be only for custom battles because of the stages i mention in post 8992. We hope that merging Islamic units and have comon normal map exture will save us precius place in our data for unique units and the factions that still need units as well.
    Another great news is that RAZOR (also rep him on sight) sent me a huge pack of head textures including some that can be redi or blod haired to polish factions like EF , HRE , Croatia, Normans and all slavic factions

Stay tuned.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; June 21, 2022 at 06:55 AM.