Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    I'm lost
    It has to do with the unfairness somw people in the high ranks propose and give modding awards to their friends the same
    time other modders with much more work andmodding contribution get NOTHING because they don't have the proper public relations to get what they deserve.
    See here how a closed team of mutual suporters give awards to their friends but not to those that deserve them. I protest and the result is that this award "mafia" forced me to ,ake my desision.

I am happy to anounce that soon the Islamic finall unit rosters will have their previews. For future info about TGC mod visit us in Total War.prg TGC page or in our page in MODDB .
    Do not expect any detailed preview in TWC anymore. Only links (if TWC will allow us to post them because no one knows for sure).
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; November 21, 2021 at 01:03 PM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Awesome, I am looking forward to seeing them

The common Arabic unit models creation finally started. You can see regular upadates in our TGC page in Total War.org.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Diffrebces between older and new models.
    New model:

Old texture on the new model:

The old chain mail use by Koultouras replaced by our comon non Roman units. Also the heads made by Razor replaced the old ones allowing more helmet/turban varieties.
    The 3d Sash of Koultouras replaced bya texture toi allow more 3d belt assignments according to the role of each unit.
    In varius texture parts added shadow to shpw a 3d effect.
    Now all models have the same dimentions according to their armor parts. As example the Islamic unit that used that original texture was shorter and thiner than the Lombards and Romans that used chain mail armors also.
    Because Koultouras use extensivly the Rusichi gloves i had to make surgery to add new arms to the model.
    More to come when we will finish all comon units inour Total War.org and MODDB pages soon.

Fantastic, thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing more

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Hello guys, I have some questions as I've not received any answer to my PM sent to Anthonius a month back regarding permission for units.

I believe I did share EoR (East of Rome) Sassanid-units with someone who claimed to be doing Arabic units for your mod.

His username is Rampante-Cid

So he claimed that Caudillo had given him permissions long ago for said units. But fact still remains that I were the only one with the files and if I didn't send him any models he wouldn't have received any.

I'm also one of the developers of East of Rome as Deutschland gave me that title and invited me to the developers forum before it got removed due to inactivity.

I did get a copy of the Main Release from the Github of that forum.

Rampante-Cid wouldn't have received any files unless I had sent them.

I did ask for a few Kievan Rus' units but didn't get an answer.

Edit: I'd asked for about 5 Kievan Rus' units for the mod Wrath of the Norsemen as I'd rather have a unique roster for them that isn't the same as the other Norse.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Desktop Screenshot 2021.11.27 - 22.33.16.55.png   Desktop Screenshot 2021.11.27 - 22.29.52.78.png   Desktop Screenshot 2021.11.27 - 22.30.23.27.png   Desktop Screenshot 2021.11.27 - 22.30.39.36.png  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 27, 2021 at 04:00 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Hello guys, I have some questions as I've not received any answer to my PM sent to Anthonius a month back regarding permission for units.

I believe I did share EoR (East of Rome) Sassanid-units with someone who claimed to be doing Arabic units for your mod.

His username is Rampante-Cid

So he claimed that Caudillo had given him permissions long ago for said units. But fact still remains that I were the only one with the files and if I didn't send him any models he wouldn't have received any.

I'm also one of the developers of East of Rome as Deutschland gave me that title and invited me to the developers forum before it got removed due to inactivity.

I did get a copy of the Main Release from the Github of that forum.

Rampante-Cid wouldn't have received any files unless I had sent them.

I did ask for a few Kievan Rus' units but didn't get an answer.

Edit: I'd asked for about 5 Kievan Rus' units for the mod Wrath of the Norsemen as I'd rather have a unique roster for them that isn't the same as the other Norse.
    I am not sure i understand whatare you asking from TGC now. Caudillo's models is his own property and not mine to give any permision . I also have not downloaded his mod ever.
    As for Kievan Rs models ask Absintha because i think for the mod Wrath of Norsemen he made some of them in its early development.
    As for TGC you will have to wait a bit more please . I just made a great step forwards to finallise the Islamic roster with new models ussing and recreating the original skins of Koultouras' to release version 0.98C.

The progress on the Arabic common units continues.

For those that have played with the cirent version of TGC the diffrences are:
    New heads that allow to separate beards from helmets.
    New chain mail texture.
    More turban shapes varietion.
    No more 3d waist belt to allow addition of other 3d belts for sword scabbards, arrow quivers etc.
    New heads made by Razor .
    This quide model without any tunic paterns will serve for the common normal_map texture of all those units that will share the same body with different tunic and turban colors according to their faction.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; November 29, 2021 at 12:00 PM.

Fantastic work!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    I am not sure i understand whatare you asking from TGC now. Caudillo's models is his own property and not mine to give any permision . I also have not downloaded his mod ever.
    As for Kievan Rs models ask Absintha because i think for the mod Wrath of Norsemen he made some of them in its early development.
    As for TGC you will have to wait a bit more please . I just made a great step forwards to finallise the Islamic roster with new models ussing and recreating the original skins of Koultouras' to release version 0.98C.
    So, if you look at the printscreens you can see that TWC-user Rampante-Cid wrote to me in 2018 asking for two Sassanid-models that he had been promised by Caudillo in 2015, and I were the only one with these models in 2018 - so my point was that I had sent them to him, so without my help he wouldn't have received them - he claimed to be working on the Arabic-units of TGC back in 2018. Now I obviously do not know if he is still involved with TGC or not. My point was just that I helped TGC back in 2018 so that's why I got a bit upset when I received no answer to my PM for three weeks.

2016 - Absinthia asked permission for the Roman models in TGC for the mod Wrath of the Norsemen Grand Campaign and received it - but only after the 1.0 release of TGC. There were also thoughts about using the Magyars and such.

This mod has since been canseled so I don't want these models anymore. The reason the mod has been canceled is because I failed at solving a re-occurring CTD.

2018 - Rampante-Cid asked for and received two Sassanid-models made by Caudillo for the mod East of Rome - I were the one who sent them to him as I were the only guy with the models still.

2021 - I sent a PM asking for five or so Kievan Rus' Units from TGC for the mod Wrath of the Norsemen - but I did receive no answer so I posted here thinking you might not know I aided TGC by sending two models to rampante-Cid from the Sassanid roster of EoR - to be used for the Arabs in TGC.

So you're syaing I should ask Absinthia for the Kievan Rus' models?

Absinthia said I'm allowed to use his models but due to you being the mod-leader of TGC he said that I do need your permission before I can use them. So that's why I wrote to you in PM and not him.

What I want to use from the Kievan Rus' roster are:

"Druzhina Kagana, Vikingar, Bogmenn, Voje, Peshatsi, Huskarlar, Druzhina Khazars, Varjazi."

Also, Wrath of the Norsemen has the same early Franc roster as TGC - if I'm permitted to do so I'll gladly be adding the new officers/banner carriers for them.

I will myself make strat-models for all the factions in Wrath of the Norsemen so of course I'll allow you guys to use the Kievan Rus'/Early Franc strat-models that I will make.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 01, 2021 at 08:23 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

as far as i remember, we needed a placeholder unit for a "tibetian armed ghulam" for the abasids faction, until we´ve created a own ones.
    we ended up using a TGC unit (Khazar noble cavalry) instead - you can check this in the actual release in the abasids unit roster.
    the question back then was, are there existing unit´s fitting the horse armour and the tibetian armour.

in effect, we didn´t use "foreign" units from other mods and the sassanid units aren´t used in any build of TGC.
    also the frankish units in wrath of the northmen are technically similar, but not the same. we´ve updated the units in TGC alot and if you compare wotn franks with tgc franks you will spot a significant update in quality.
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; December 02, 2021 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    as far as i remember, we needed a placeholder unit for a "tibetian armed ghulam" for the abasids faction, until we´ve created a own ones.
    we ended up using a TGC unit (Khazar noble cavalry) instead - you can check this in the actual release in the abasids unit roster.
    the question back then was, are there existing unit´s fitting the horse armour and the tibetian armour.

in effect, we didn´t use "foreign" units from other mods and the sassanid units aren´t used in any build of TGC.
    also the frankish units in wrath of the northmen are technically similar, but not the same. we´ve updated the units in TGC alot and if you compare wotn franks with tgc franks you will spot a significant update in quality.
    I didn't know that you ended up not using those Sassanid-units so that was news to me.

About the Franks, yeah they look edited compared to in WotN.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I didn't know that you ended up not using those Sassanid-units so that was news to me.

About the Franks, yeah they look edited compared to in WotN.
    All unit models look edited for two reasons.
    1st : Because when an original creator like Absinthia created a model i took it , deleted almost all texture belts replacing them with 3d ones, added new skeletons to archers and used a common (as possible) body model to aply the "Realism/Gravity Project".
    2nd: Because when we started TGC many modders created models of their unique style that in many cases were too different one from the other ,so starting from Romans and I replace the old models with new ones. An example you can see the new Lombard units that have almost same textures but completly new body models and heads. Now I am doing the same with the Islamic Roster. In the end all unit models and textures will be the same style like a real game. So their UI cards.

Finally the main consept of the Arabic common units is done:

The body model will have 4 bodies, 4 helmets, 9 turbans (with 2 tones of each faction dominated color) , 2 legs 5 -6 heads .
    I have chosen this phase because i used Razor's head model and Sumskliz's face texture that had to fully been adjust to the model.
    On this consept (like we did with our scutatoi) will be based the following units:
    Spearmen
    Crossbowmen
    Heavy Archers (only for 2 factions)
    Chandax Abid AL shira that will be differnt from the rest of the other similar units of the rest factions.
    Swordmen (only for Abbasids).
    The consept is only with simple colors to work as basis for the unit's normal map common texture. In each faction paterned tunics with each faction dominated color will exist.
    Tunics. Turbans, sashes and shield dominated colors will allow the player to distinquish which units is his!

This is very impressive. I imagine even more so if you knew how much work goes into this art. Thank you

Finally the main body consept is done, Next stage the equipment with weapons and accessories.

Do not focus on simple color tunics under the chain mail. Its done for the normal map texture creation and the "Rebels" faction main textures placeholder.
    Under the chain mail (and ofcouse the sleaves)will have paterns in their faction dominated color plus the waist sashes and the upper tunic (see the one in left)plus two tones of the same color , will distinquish each faction troops. Don't forget the shields of cpurse that their doninated colors also will follow that rule.The model has only two legs texture but has 4 iron and 2 bronze helmets , a chain mail coif and 9 turbans with or without chain mail coif.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; December 13, 2021 at 11:24 AM.

Attention to this details are admirable my friends, please continue and stay well.
    Any sign of Seljuks?

Attention to this details are admirable my friends, please continue and stay well.
    Any sign of Seljuks?
    In fact Turcimanic Leaque Confederacy that Seljucks were the dominated tribe was made long ago with Loca_Infidel's perfect models and textures. But somehow between data progress we lost the units description texts and info.
    But I will make a image preview with some generic info instead and if some could help us add more infor we will wellcome his contribution.

Excellent I would offer my aid in research but in honesty, I suffer from depression so often I can never guarantee I will complete anything

Excellent I would offer my aid in research but in honesty, I suffer from depression so often I can never guarantee I will complete anything
    That makes two of us. Depresion that became nosophobia (fear that you will be sick) and poanic attacks.
    Exept some light medication because MY FATHER inhareted me with a rare blood vessel condition i have every 15 day session with a Phylologist (she has no right the give medication but thyrough the conversation tries to help to over come the fear) that isnsists to keep my mind occupied and from the 1st time i had the advice to continue this mod...BTW The Turkomanic Leaque Preview is out. Atleast you can enjoy the quality of Socal Infidel's models that are now 10 years old that forced me to start repalcing older models with the same style ...