Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    mmm, problem is this user in particular has little regard for Ammato´s work and illustrations. That is why I was looking around for more sources.
    Then in that case he must do his own archeaological research to prove him wrong and publish his findings.
    Unforthunatly we are not allowed to post Osprey illustrations in TWC to see that in eveery bit of texture there is a referebce image behind it.
    Visit HellenicArmors and see that our ellite units use the armors (under writen lisence by their creator ONLY for TGC) for our ellite Roman warriors , captains and generals.
    We trust more renown historians mr R.D.Ammato is an exelent greek language connoisseur able to translate every middle ages texts and extract every detail from them.
    I guess your friend does not see shields full of Saints and Viking shields from early mods and that bothers him. But when TGC started we made a promise to provide the best historical accuracy we can (FliegerAD is a historical that writes articles in history magaisnes and he was responsible for the Imperium Romanum aka HRE preview). We could not doupt his knowlege because we may did not like some features. History is history. We could easily create clones units like Roman scutatoi with swords and every other imaginary aspect. For Bulgarians Roster Bulgarian historians were responsible , for Norse and Rus Absinthia that had the knowlege and so on.
    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Are the Norse sagas a reliable source? I don't think we take them as such anymore (but nor reject them outright, as we did in 20. century).
    I don't have English literature at hand, but the Polish speakers can read a succinct book of Jakub Morawiec on this subject.
    My friend despite the constant discussion of Rus were Norse or Slavs take a look in our preview and please point us out any major mistakes we made.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; January 11, 2021 at 03:17 PM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

thank you, albeit belatedly

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    My friend despite the constant discussion of Rus were Norse or Slavs take a look in our preview and please point us out any major mistakes we made.
    I actually said nothing about the mistakes, previews etc. I just wanted to say that in the modern historiography we don't take sagas at face value. They must be critically assessed to draw conclusions. Mr Amato does it, he's a good historian (althogh I don't know if he tackles the sagas, never read it).
    I think there's a good broadcast in English, made by BBC. It's worthy to listen to so that one understand what the sagas can tell us, and what they cannot (and that most came from 13th century). Prof. Morawiec discuss the sagas in a consistent manner but in a bit less accessible language ;-).
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 11, 2021 at 04:13 PM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

regarding the saga´s, i think we can´t underestimate how different the mindset of todays people are compared to the audience and people they where once written. most important the sence of humor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STK4GBaqItk

link of discord?

Quote Originally Posted by sarpedon21 View Post
    link of discord?
    We are ild fasioned people. We discuss here everything about the mod. For other matters TWC has topics that you can chat freely.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Good morning from Arctic Pole (my room). Its -5C and i barely feel my fingers.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Good afternoon it is freezing cold weather I take it Europe is being blasted by artic winds

My first attempt to understand how the textures of buildings work.
    Here is my low stone wall of Byzantine (Roman) city.

The next step is to find two simetrical lines to add the clay bricks and cover the spaces that are not covered yet and finally delete the wall windows. The texture is based on a photo of mine from Thessalonica's Roman walls that still exist.
    Higher level cities will have more luxurus walls.
    When we will learn to modify the models of the towers the walls will look authentic
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; January 18, 2021 at 02:34 PM.

I look forward to seeing the complete walls of your hometown

Behind closed doors beta campaigns continue.
    Every single faction has spesific mision from turn 1 untill 1071 AD.
    One such mison is the Paulician revolt in Asia Minor that threatened the eastern borders of the Roman Empire.
    Romans were know that when they defeated enemies they deported the captives and their families in other parts of the empire that could not be a threat . They did the same for Paulicians.

Cretis:
    Mision design scripting and coding by _tartaros_( please rep him insight).

currently implant/test a mayor update.
    playing on campaign difficulty very_hard is now much more different than playing the campaign on hard or medium. this ranges from rebel activities and bonus/malus for buildings and the ability to raise money.

Can't say enough how amazing is what you are doing. Thanks.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Can't say enough how amazing is what you are doing. Thanks.
    I will second that sentiment thank you for hours of entertainment and the desire for indepth further reading.

Edit:
    I was just campaigning when it occurred to me I wanted to move characters around, promote, send one off to Kios. But I can't freely move offices of Domestikos perhaps Basileos should have them and give them or not
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; January 22, 2021 at 08:12 PM.

Experiments with a middle wip data build before the next release.
    Permanent Stone Forts are actuall settlements. Here is a test:
    The strat_map model on the map (Roman)

The actuall Permanent Stone Fort as City

Some issues that still need fixing

The curent stone wall texture will be used for southern_european culture while the stone texture i posted few posts before will be used for Byzantine (Roman) PSFs.
    CREDITS:
    De Bello Mundi mod that allowed us to use its material before we will replace it with our own.
    _tartaros_ for his cinstant efforts to bring TGC mod to the level we all want to see it.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; January 30, 2021 at 01:41 PM.

Great stuff

I started playing the Byzantine campaign in the 0.97 public alpha and there was a beautiful song in the very beginning, song by a woman, I know its not much info, but maybe its enough.. Somebody knows what is the title and author of this song? Just for the sake of listening to good music..

Your mod is so stable on Feral Linux version, I am proud of you guys work!

Hi, thats´s good news . i´m currently track down a possible longtime bug in the build. could pass a critical ctd issue.
    A new Release with a fresh stand alone build is taking shape.
    this build will contain alot of new units, scripts and improvements for the campaign and my test campaigns get regularly in the 100/200 turns, before i leave them, because of new improvements.
    still some issue with random ctd, but they are passable with reloading. every campaign behave differently, with optional starting options for the player.

do you know if the linux/feral version has the 4gb Ram limitation?

"Medieval II: Total War has been updated to 64-bit, using Feral’s latest libraries and Apple’s Metal graphics API for a robust performance boost across all supported Macs."

I might take as a yes? Its quite stable, however mods like Divide and Conquer sometime crashed out when I select campaign after playing custom battles