Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Oh, my bad then

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

THE Venetian unit will take a while.

I had to make a surgery to the head but more needs to be done. Now this is only one head and we have 8 for unit.
    The same will happen to Berber and new arabic heads as well.Please a bit more petience.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Yea the head is highly detailed but when the milkshape model converted to .mesh inorder to have it in game the UV maps of the side of the head and it rear change position . I sent a message to Razor that is the creator of these wonderfull heads to find a solution because those models with diferent textures will be used for Arabs, Berbers etc that wont have anything to hide their heads exept the faces like the italian militias. Hoods cover that issue but not every model will have such ones.
    Look what i face as problem:
    Look how wonderfull the head looks in milkshape:

No observe what happens in game:

Maybe Razor that has made Roman heads with the same technic in the past without that bug will be able to give a solution.
    can u p.m. me model and texture file so i may fix it for u.
    when u send me convert ur ms3d file to obj format.i dont have milkshape in my pc.i ll fix ur problem with maya and send u back in object format.u can import the object into ur milkshape and countinue to ur work.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

They look great but i suggest some shield variety for a bit of eye candy. Perhaps make some of the shields plain wooden, some with blue instead of red and some striped ones.

I know this is a lot later period but here is some inspiration

Is this mod still continuing its progress?

Yes.

Will it be done this year?

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Is this mod still continuing its progress?
    What sort of question is this? Did you take the 2 seconds to look at posts from the past few days?

I am sorry but I find it plain rude for someone to just post out of nowhere such a question considering that there are almost daily updates and posts from the team. There is literally a post from yesterday from AnthoniusII with a Venetian unit further up this page.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    They look great but i suggest some shield variety for a bit of eye candy. Perhaps make some of the shields plain wooden, some with blue instead of red and some striped ones.

I know this is a lot later period but here is some inspiration

Thank you my friend..Actually the historical reference of that unit had NO shield at all , just a spear. In that era we have 4 units and one general references that are heavily influenced by Romans and their military traditions both in shields and armors with Lombard additions as well.
    In TGC starting time Venice receives its autonomy...That means officialy is still a Roman province.
    When the head issue will be solved you will see the tiny Venetian (non playable) Roster. In the mean while your sugestion -at least with a variety of colors Italian Militias in Venetian service may have a point since the only "must" will be the lion on them. The same way Italian Militias in Pope's service will have its insignia in a variety of shield colors.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Wonderful units! This project never stops amazing

I am happy to announce that Razor fixed the heads problem and Karaislam sent us some of his creations to use in our Islamic rosters.
    Please rep them both insight!

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Well done to all of the contributors!

Fans of this mod can give rep:

to Razor here and here and
    to karaislam here and here.

SERVUS VENETICUS [805 AD]
    The followers of the military commanders of the Lagoon ('duces' and 'tribunes') are mentioned in the "Historia Ducum Veneticorum" as servants, but they appear to be fully armed soldiers. The cap of the Phrygian type ('camelaucium'), worn by the soldier represents a felt version of the metallic helmet and remains a constant of Venetian equipment until the 13th century. The weapon is a simple spear, even though the equipment shows the patron's wealth of this 'servus' and is the result of the commercial contacts with the Empire capital.

CREDITS:
    Heads by Razor
    Spear by Lord_Calidor
    Shield and body by Absinthia
    Cap by Matthaeus
    Textures by Leif Erikson and Koultouras
    Unit description text translation by Diocle

Last edited by AnthoniusII; February 26, 2019 at 03:57 PM.

Yeah, that looks really good!

Can I join beta test?)

Quote Originally Posted by egich View Post
    Can I join beta test?)
    We will see when time comes.

Update: While i have some dificulties with a Venetian Unit that requires alot of Roman features , I continue to test the latest Data version with 6 patches allready.
    So far...80 turns without any serius problems. I had some surprices (they will be for players too) that caused me some realy bad defeats.
    The successfull merging by _tartaros_ of the XAI/BAI 4.1 with Germanicu5 RBAI creates some of the most challenging battles i ever fough in 12 years playing mods of M2TW.
    We are fortunate to have Gigantus with us helping us not only with map bugs but with a variety of aspects that allowed us to move forward.
    Our friend Diocle sent us the venetian units description texts.
    We have recieved -as mentioned before help by Karaislam and Razor and we have a fan of TGC trying to learn how to use Attila building textures in M2TW ones to make our settlements look more realistic.
    So stay tuned.

100 Turns (25 years) with out major issues.
    They make look many to some but in order to crown your selves Victorius in TGC you need to play 800 turns.
    And XAI is sneaky...I am in war with Abasids for more than 50 turns with out any bother since i enforced my border minor cities and major Urban centers with strong guarissons.
    But Abasids took the long road through un guarded paths and attacked right in the Middle of Asia Minor in a minor city but allowing them to attack Aantolia's inner Urban centers that have limmited guarissons!
    You must remember that armies and navies have extended range !!!You may expect enemy in a place and he will apear where you do not expect him.

If you look in the minimap you will nottice a black cycle. See how far from the borders is. Now i have to move my Emperor with his Tagmatic Troops to stop the invasion before other Abasid armies will follow from the same path.
    Conclusion. Quite and time of peace is not always a good sign.

Looks good but year looks off. Is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Looks good but year looks off. Is that normal?
    Do you mean 6403 Anno Mundi?
    But this was the official calendar of the Roman Empire untill 1204AD.
    For your education listen or read the lyrics of this song :

For more education read this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15625732