Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Looks amazing

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Oh my god, this level of detail is incredible!
    Last edited by Elendil 03; January 23, 2019 at 08:16 AM.

Looks very realistic to me.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

When every unit will be completed or re-worked it will recieve new UI cards.

In the down right corner you will see the UI card in an army roster.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

I can't wait - Please keep the updates coming! Is there anything I can help with (Research, basic coding, testing?)
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    I can't wait - Please keep the updates coming! Is there anything I can help with (Research, basic coding, testing?)
    Sure...can you think a solution to this matter?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

Great work Anthonious How many active members are in TGC team?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellvard View Post
    Great work Anthonious How many active members are in TGC team?
    Two but we have HUGE help by Gigantus that helps us in very comlicated issues and Jale82 that has made a lot of "unseen " but crusial additions under _tartaros_ supervision.

For first task I did a sound update for every unit in the game. Result is when you click on the unit in 3D environment (battle) you will hear it's name on proper accent. Lots of editing, c/p tehniques and so on.
    Tartaros wrote me a little tutorial and thing was on the move.
    Second task was to add some additional information about units eq. category, quality, role, armor, shield and so on. For that I had to manually write values for (almost) every unit so it was a little time consuming but
    at the end when you see result it's satisfying. Still needs some polishing though.
    Now I'm waiting for next task.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

@ Jale82
    i currently prepare a third task (which is more complex) with a small tutorial for you

3 more units, 1 general, 1 captain and 1 bannermen and Venice will have a basic 6 units mini roster.
    Italian mounted militias as they were reworked recently.

Koultouras high quality textures found their worthy high quality heads made by Razor. Helmet model by Matthaeus.
    EDIT: With every new unit its UI cards are made instandly.

More news soon after the repair of my PC.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; January 30, 2019 at 09:17 AM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Great! Will venice be an actual faction or just a rebel?

Great!
    It's just that I feel a strong need for nagging: there's a grey area below the IMC's right arm that should be made transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Great! Will venice be an actual faction or just a rebel?
    they are a unplayable spawnfaction in the main campaign. But the units will face you in italy and some of them are recruitable by every faction as AOR.

I think it'd be cool to have the Italian militias split up in Frankish and Langobard/Lombard tiers, rather than just have them all be referred to as "Italian".
    Although I must say I have no idea if there still was such a cultural difference at the end of the ninth century and I'm not sure if this would be possible without reskinning.

they are recruited native "latin" population. not exactly frankish or langobard native people. if this factions rule there lands, they become available

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Really looking forward to playing this, especially after reading (several times!) the recently published ​Streams of Gold, Rivers of Blood​ by Anthony Kaldelis.

Quick question: will the Roman names be in Greek, ie Ioannes and Konstantinos, or anglicised to John and Constantine? I'm presuming the former, but the battlemap shows Constantinople rather than Konstantinoupolis.

And will the city names change following conquest: ie Constantinople becoming Kostantiniyye or Tsarigrad?

as i quickly remember, we have mainly greek names for greek characters (ERE + ERE_rebels).
    the script to rename settlements is planed, but not done or implanted for now (as this is more of an eyecandy for later builds) - it´s one the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil 03 View Post
    I think it'd be cool to have the Italian militias split up in Frankish and Langobard/Lombard tiers, rather than just have them all be referred to as "Italian".
    Although I must say I have no idea if there still was such a cultural difference at the end of the ninth century and I'm not sure if this would be possible without reskinning.
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    they are recruited native "latin" population. not exactly frankish or langobard native people. if this factions rule there lands, they become available
    As _tartaros_ mentioned. Italian Militia forces serve a triple task.
    1st They are the local italian folk that guard their cities after the Colapse of the Great Frankish Empire and the chaos that followed.
    2nd They serve as local people that drafted by new conquerors untill the conqueror's culture dominate their lands and after that as mercenaries. As mercenaries they will be expensive and desert if the player wont have any money to pay them.
    3rd They are part of Italian based factions (including the Katepanato of Italy = the Roman Thema of south Italy) like Venice, Pope and Lombards.
    _tartaros_ created a long list of EDU and bmdb lists of such units.
    Remember this map?

The realism in TGC faced a problem. When a region is conquered does the local people simply disapear or continue to exist?

Nice map, I agree with your point about the names, but in means that the names at campaign start should also be local ones, e.g. Sicily: Are there any records on how islamized the population there was in 872 outside Palermo (Balharm, why did you call it Madina on the map?) and Syracuse?