Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

We are all with you, do not even know each other's face

True! Fight the good fight!

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Me too, I wish you all the best and we all fervently hope that you will soon recover and be able to complete this stunning project.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I believe that i will return to "keyboard" and finish Venetians and Pope (5 units with simple recolored textures) very soon. Again I apologise for the delay.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

You know I could help.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    You know I could help.
    Yes a while ago i asked you few banner and shield drawings.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Remind me again why you don't want to use Elvasat's shield textures?

If you have the PSD, the lion can be removed from that banner and look closer to the refernce i posted in your thread.

Remind me again why you don't want to use Elvasat's shield textures?
    Because he already added the curved surface shadows on his shields. That shadow looks bizzare on our shield models.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; October 30, 2018 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    If you have the PSD, the lion can be removed from that banner and look closer to the reference i posted in your thread.
    I made them in GIMP but I did make them in layers.
    I can save the files in PSD for you but the problem is that the patterns for textile grain, cloth ripples and dirt/soot were added on the image after the Arabic text.
    The reference image does not have any Arabic text, it's just a doodle.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Because he already added the curved surface shadows on his shields. That shadow looks bizarre on our shield models.
    What if I told you I can extract the curvature shadow?
    Last edited by paleologos; October 30, 2018 at 11:37 AM.

What if I told you I can extract the curvature shadow?
    Lets have a try. Also remove the black cycle defines the extra wide rim.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

I had no idea the second one was supposed to be for the Aghlabids.
    The Aghlabids were Sunnis.
    The calligraphic script I used in the second banner is Shiite Calligraphy symbolising Ali as Tiger of God.

Maybe you should swap them?
    Or do you want me to replace the script? (because some of the muslim players might take issue.)
    The Fatimids apear in that area some times into the game. so this flag can be used by them

Man, i would love if this mod were to be released in january or at least in december.

Nikiforos XMike's Avatar Tiro

Hold on Antonius, this is more than just a game mod project, it's an educational tool and a work of art, it's like no other mod that has been done so far.

All the funs of this mode we are waiting eagerly for it's release, no matter how long it takes.

And maybe in the future there will be some submods and further development of TGC.

I'm sure in the end everything will be alright for you and your family.

God bless and keep your spirits up mate!

It is....! When you will be ready sent me al the PSDs...

I am preparing them right now.
    You see I made them all in GIMP.

I am preparing them right now.
    You see I made them all in GIMP.
    Does GIMP can create PSDs with layers like photoshop?
    Did you remove the lion from the 2nd banner you created?
    So what we have is the Elvasat's 512x512 SHIELDS that you manage to remove all visual effects, actually three islamic banners, the 2 italian ones, and the few islamic shields from the examples i posted. Right"?
    Don't forget to include your basic "cloth" fabric layer inorder the normal maps will be same as your creations (banners).

Tell me the dominant colors and contact all your friends (268 without me) to give me a point on your behalf!

I have not been browsing these forums consistenly the past years, and when I have, it has only been a quick check and look around.
    TGC is something that keeps me coming back and I know it has been in the developing process for years now. You probably get asked this alot but is there an a release ETA?
    Also, i was wondering if TGC will support sub mods, like Byg's grim reality?
    cheers and continue the good work

The last guy who asked this, we ate his liver with a spoon while he was still conscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsel View Post
    I have not been browsing these forums consistenly the past years, and when I have, it has only been a quick check and look around.
    TGC is something that keeps me coming back and I know it has been in the developing process for years now. You probably get asked this alot but is there an a release ETA?
    Also, i was wondering if TGC will support sub mods, like Byg's grim reality?
    cheers and continue the good work
    If everything goes well an extensive closed (limited members) beta will take place right after Xmass.
    No...TGC as an educational playable tool wont allow submods like Byg's grim reality. The reason is simple. Unit stats, faction weaknesses and strong points create an historical "reality" of their own.
    No unit will have totaly same abillities with another in game.
    TGC mod already created its own reality based on REALITY of that era. You will have all kind of units available from the start. Exept those that spesific historical events dectate their apearence in certain time.
    We will have a strict pollicy on submods. Submods will have to pass our tests inorder to be published. 1st similar graphics essence. Other mods may have much better textures or models but putting them in TGC will create an essense of "allien" apearence in game. Submods that will add -proven- historical events and will unlock certain units of faction features will be allowed.
    The last guy who asked this, we ate his liver with a spoon while he was still conscious.
    Lies we did not ate his liver...We are not canibals...