Page 2 of 457 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: A central Mediterranean sea conflict mod [title to be decided]

The Magyar Team will offer a brand new roster for this mod that will be the most accurate for Magyars(Hungarians)of that era...
    We are trying to offer a straight line of historical info for the main factions that we already played in M2TW mods...
    This mod (and later Golden Ages one) could be part of a line of mods that would lead a player to learn the evolution of many factions through time eras...A game is a far more joyfull way to learn history rather to read only
    the school books...In my small expirience in the Total War games a player
    "enters" to the eras delimas that states of tha time had...:hmmm:

I remember that my 1st "experiments" in "Byzantine" tactics" were in the Shogun TW!!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

If the map you want to make is the size of the one in the yellow box then I can give you a map I've made nearly exactly the same. It extents out to the east more but you can chop that off yourself. If you're interested then PM me and I'll send it you.
    "If you're boring, no amount of paintballing or high-speed white-water prostitution will change this."

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Basil View Post
    If the map you want to make is the size of the one in the yellow box then I can give you a map I've made nearly exactly the same. It extents out to the east more but you can chop that off yourself. If you're interested then PM me and I'll send it you.
    Thank you my friend for your kind offer!
    Agitournas already started the whole map...
    I hope that you could help him though in some details!
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; June 05, 2010 at 08:52 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

FAQ updated...

Ill help, but I have 1 question, Will this later expand to include more places? I would love to see a European based Medieval mod! Is there anything I can do to help?
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    HAF 932 Full Gaming Tower Case
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

I never beg for ReP... I just ask for it
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Pikemen View Post
    Ill help, but I have 1 question, Will this later expand to include more places? I would love to see a European based Medieval mod! Is there anything I can do to help?
    See the map in the FAQ carefully...the part in the yellow block will be for the
    1st release...The whole map as you can see it in the pic will be the final for a future expansion...
    Any help is wellcomed ...
    What can you do?
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; June 05, 2010 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    See the map in the FAQ carefully...the part in the yellow block will be for the
    1st release...The whole map as you can see it in the pic will be the final for a future expansion...
    Any help is wellcomed ...
    What can you do?
    I would help, but I am looking to be part of a Medieval conversion mod (of all europe). If I did help in this mod, it would be for minor things like faction intros, some character pics, 2d art, and some public relations. I wouldnt be a heavily committed member but I would still try to help .
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    HAF 932 Full Gaming Tower Case
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

I never beg for ReP... I just ask for it
    ----------------------------------

In the FAQ i mention the Battle of Cannes 1018(Offante river) as one of the historical battles that will be part of the mod!
    You can read battle's info here.

The_Bulgar_Slayer's Avatar Biarchus

Anthonius, sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I'll talk to the Tsardoms team about helping out with Serbia.

Official Byzantine Historian for Tzardoms:Total War

Quote Originally Posted by The_Bulgar_Slayer View Post
    Anthonius, sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I'll talk to the Tsardoms team about helping out with Serbia.
    Thanks mate

A sneakpic in CBUR's progress for the "Nikephorean" unit roster...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Combined work of:
    Absintia (model's modification,combination of features)
    Leif Erikson (textures)
    Lord Calidor (weapons)
    RuTW team (model by their kind permision)
    Slash5 (helmet)

The_Bulgar_Slayer's Avatar Biarchus

Excellent work!

Official Byzantine Historian for Tzardoms:Total War

1st post updated...

alien_t's Avatar В Съединението е Силата

A sneakpic in CBUR's progress for the "Nikephorean" unit roster...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Combined work of:
    Absintia (model's modification,combination of features)
    Leif Erikson (textures)
    Lord Calidor (weapons)
    RuTW team (model by their kind permision)
    Slash5 (helmet)
    Great work!
    Bulgaria: Total War - Mod For M2TW
    Check my Turnovo, custom settlement video preview or download it here
    Under the Honorable Patronage of B. Ward

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

KoRnflakes's Avatar Senator

Wow, it looks great ...

Can we see this unit in Golden Age too ?
    Danke King Kong dass ich Third Age ab meinem Geburtstag zocken kann

Quote Originally Posted by KoRnflakes View Post
    Wow, it looks great ...

Can we see this unit in Golden Age too ?
    But...ofcourse...my friend like our "Komnenean" roster this also will be a contribution to the twc modding comnunity...
    Almost one year ago(March 24th) i posted this:

Στρατιγικον Μεγα Δομεστικου των Σχολων πιστου τω Θεω υπηρετη Αντωνιου.
    Millitary manuall by Megas Domesticus,God's loyal serveant,Anthonius

Looking around all over mods of M2TW and their medieval Roman (byzantine) unit rosters,an idea came to mind!
    To create a complete unit roster covering two(2)maijor eras but having all byzantine army's reforms...
    The 1st project will cover a time frame from 1025 to 1460 with the army's reforms of 1205 and after...
    This project will have the priority becouse most mods that are in development have the year 1080 as starting date...
    The 2nd project will cover the time frame 650 to 1025 with the army's reform of 800 and Nikephrus Phokas reform at 950ad...
    There will be a number of units that will coexist in the two projects the same way the real units existed many centuries as troops[Ex:Acritae].
    The result of this project when and if acomblished will be free for any one who would desire to add a complete and historical accurate byzantine units roster...
    The only obligation for a moder or moding team will be the anoucment of accepting this project in order of the rightfull(CREDITS) of the members work!!!
    I would like at first to know the public's oppinion about this project's existance...

Then i will need all those that would be able to share their skills and knowlege for a such a project...
    Read the underline phrase....
    I always keep my promises....

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

very nice work!

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Great!

KoRnflakes's Avatar Senator

But...ofcourse...my friend like our "Komnenean" roster this also will be a contribution to the twc modding comnunity...
    Almost one year ago(March 24th) i posted this:
    I was wondering because I didn't saw this unit in our forums or the GA:TW-Thread
    Danke King Kong dass ich Third Age ab meinem Geburtstag zocken kann

Default Re: The Great Conflicts 872-1071...mod for kingdoms.

And the name of the mod... "The Great Conflicts 872-1071" ...