Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Ah ok! I will try and help you guys as much as I can. I am working on Dark Ages mods for Attila and you guys have been one of my inspirations over the years!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    Hey I'm looking forward to the alpha! I noticed you say "and the given content is not free to use (for now)." Does that mean we have to pay to play it? Or are you referring to the fact that we need to help with play testing and bug reporting?
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    exactly. it´s no official release in the conventional way, as the alpha version still needs an amount of work, finetuning and fixing. ur delivered content is not free to use for other mods untill the official release of TGC 1.0, but we helped out other mods in development like Tsardom.
    Every player is embraced to play our Mod and encouraged to give feedback and ideas.
    Ah ok! I will try and help you guys as much as I can. I am working on Dark Ages mods for Attila and you guys have been one of my inspirations over the years!
    In the early release there is content like Koultoura's one that is forbiten for TWC members to use without his licence (its a long "exodus" story). Also some historical material given by real authors and artists like mr G.Rava and mr D'Ammato were given ONLY for TGC usage and we have to honor their terms. On the final release we will make a full list of content that will be availbale for other mods to use and their creators their license you will have to ask. But in this stage we expect help in return if anyone wants early access to material of TGC. My long apcense by passed the 2nd more extensive closed beta we were planning to make delivering a some how more complete mod. Any unit that belongs to other mods will be replaced by our own style ones in the finall product. The license issue INCLUDES CA/SEGA also because of rights on material TGC was allowed to use ONLY for IT with writen licenses.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I am honestly more excited today than I was on December 24. One more day...

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

everything is in place and uploaded
    but i expect the worst in case of going live - as this is still very much a alpha mod, as AnthoniusII said, we hope for some intense feedback from you
    currently rework the firstpost and ask for a frontpageannouncement

I wonder IF we could postpone the release for 3-4 days. I have a huge amount of work but recently got out from hospital.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    In the early release there is content like Koultoura's one that is forbiten for TWC members to use without his licence (its a long "exodus" story). Also some historical material given by real authors and artists like mr G.Rava and mr D'Ammato were given ONLY for TGC usage and we have to honor their terms. On the final release we will make a full list of content that will be availbale for other mods to use and their creators their license you will have to ask. But in this stage we expect help in return if anyone wants early access to material of TGC. My long apcense by passed the 2nd more extensive closed beta we were planning to make delivering a some how more complete mod. Any unit that belongs to other mods will be replaced by our own style ones in the finall product. The license issue INCLUDES CA/SEGA also because of rights on material TGC was allowed to use ONLY for IT with writen licenses.
    Good to know. I still have a couple of qquestions on this topic:

1. I tried the Roman Empire and i were amazed about the improvements compared to how things used to be in the 2017 version that got leaked to a few modders. The strat-map is much better looking (in the old version there were vanilla models still) and i even saw that the Roman units are different. I just deleted the old version, but i have it backuped on another harddrive- which is why i have a question..

East of Rome and The Great Conflicts used to be worked on by the same people and team, that is why EoR Grand Campaign has old versions of a few TGC horses, as well as the same base-models for the Thematic Era Romans as in the 2017 version- however, in the most recent version released yesterday the Roman models have new faces, new bodies and new clothes. I believe some of it is just different skins, and others have different clothes. My question would be if i could use the outdated versions from TGC 0.82? They look different and are no longer the same.

There used to be a deal between EoR and TGC on sharing assets but it might be too old to still be valid.

As for helping i did provide some models from EoR for the Islamic factions to be used as base-models for your new models, and i did provide EoR custom settlements but they were already free to use from the creators of DBM and EoR. And Tartaros got the settlements from Danube Limes- so the only thing i did provide then is those base-models for islamic units. I believe they were Sassanid units. But i'm going to playtest as well sooner or later.

I don't know when i will work on EoR but it could be time to start replacing models. Bear in mind that the mod has X number of factions in need of new models so the mod would not be released anytime soon. I'm mostly interested in starting the work on porting models. And as some of the models for Rome are changed in the recent version maybe i could use the older ones?
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 15, 2020 at 06:36 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Yes the outdated version could be used by Giving Credits to:
    Leif Erikson
    Pacco
    Absinthia
    Matthaeus

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Yes the outdated version could be used by Giving Credits to:
    Leif Erikson
    Pacco
    Absinthia
    Matthaeus
    Thanks man, i will need to compare the versions to see what units are different. If you could provide it, then it would be nice with a list of changed units in the new version.

I'm waiting on playing it until i'm sure the early bugs are fixed- some people have reported CTD on turn 8 and turn 20 so it's better for me to wait a little bit before playing.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Superb mod!

Need to report a crash that has halted my Francorum campaign. Occurs on Turn 53 going into Turn 54 when the CPU gets to Venice (Papal States are next)

can you upload a log and a savegame?

Last edited by BlackDevilTW; January 21, 2020 at 03:13 PM.

First of all, thank you for all those years of hard work! If I may say so, this is one of the greatest mods I've ever had the pleasure of playing. I do have a question though, does the custom campaign (the 1000_campaign) work?

Thank you very much. it´s been a pleasure

and no, the 1000_campaign is just a preparation and a basic setting for the campaign itself. we work on this campaign as soon as all units are finalized and the main campaign is working proper. but i think i worked on the descr_strat and the starting positions.

Hey why I cant click fight a battle manually in the campaign? Or is that supposed to be part of the mod?

Hey why I cant click fight a battle manually in the campaign? Or is that supposed to be part of the mod?
    Hey, you might have to add the line autoresolve_battles = false
    in the section [hotseat] in the TGC.cfg file.

That is already there in the TGC.cfg file. Ya it only lets me click on autoresolve. Fight battle manually is there buts greyed out and I cant click it.

that´s because you play the wrong campaign (multiplayer)...
    you need to choose "singleplayer" and then "the great conflicts" campaign

Dr. Jones's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDevilTW View Post
    this looks just amazing, big thanks to everybody who made this happen!
    Cant wait to play after my exams.
    With Broken Crescent probably the coolest M2TW mod.

Well, I will take a look and see if that fixes it. Regardless, I really enjoyed what I have played so far in the campaign. So refreshing to see a well done Dark Ages mod. Only thing that really needs to be changed is the general models on the campaign map, really breaks my immersion to see 15th century knights gallivanting around the map.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

when ever I start a campaign its a hotseat? Is this supposed to be or is my version somehow not working properly?