Page 3 of 457 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Default Re: The Great Conflicts 872-1071...mod for kingdoms.

Ending with Manzikert, eh? The end game should have an interesting dynamic, and I can understand why you would do that.

Good work and I look forward to seeing this form.

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Ahh, you have a name...

Default Re: A central Mediterranean sea conflict mod [title to be decided]

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    A sneakpic in CBUR's progress for the "Nikephorean" unit roster...

Combined work of:
    Absintia (model's modification,combination of features)
    Leif Erikson (textures)
    Lord Calidor (weapons)
    RuTW team (model by their kind permision)
    Slash5 (helmet)
    well, here is the unit with shields and sword attached.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

niiice

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

wow, the grade of detail is really amazing.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    wow, the grade of detail is really amazing.
    Yes i must admit that many people of high talents have gathered in CBUR...
    A year ago i couldn't even imagine such an exelent team...
    I want to thank them all through this post becaouse the deserv all the credits...
    Rep them on sight....
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great idea. I like it.

This mod looks really great! Keep it up

Support your mods ^ | Vacuus Lux Lucis 2d artist | my workshop

Announcement...

TO ALL THAT WILLING TO HELP.
    Soon we are going to have an early version of our map but we need some maps (that refair to the mod's era if possible) with the cities that existed...
    Please post the maps in spoilers if possible to be easier to watch...
    See carefully our map in the FAQ...

Thank you all in advance...AnthoniusII.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Great idea, but realistically speaking you will have to include Serbs as well in this mod. How else the Balkans will be portrayed if you do not have Serbs there and especially in the first 5 decades of 1300s and expansion of Tsar Dushan the Great.

EDIT: I've just realized that your mod is going to be until 1071 and not 1371. I thought it ends with battle of Maritsa in 1371. But it's alright now, my mistake.
    Last edited by The Noble Lord; March 05, 2009 at 08:31 AM.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

alien_t's Avatar В Съединението е Силата

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Announcement...

TO ALL THAT WILLING TO HELP.
    Soon we are going to have an early version of our map but we need some maps (that refair to the mod's era if possible) with the cities that existed...
    Please post the maps in spoilers if possible to be easier to watch...
    See carefully our map in the FAQ...

Thank you all in advance...AnthoniusII.
    I think map posted from NikeBG will be helpful.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...74#post4573974

Great idea, but realistically speaking you will have to include Serbs as well in this mod. How else the Balkans will be portrayed if you do not have Serbs there and especially in the first 5 decades of 1300s and expansion of Tsar Dushan the Great.

EDIT: I've just realized that your mod is going to be until 1071 and not 1371. I thought it ends with battle of Maritsa in 1371. But it's alright now, my mistake.
    Of course adding Serbian faction will enrich the mod. Or at least I think so. The problem is that there isn't(as far as I know) serbian roster from other mod that can be borrowed, proper for the time-frame of 872-1071.
    Bulgaria: Total War - Mod For M2TW
    Check my Turnovo, custom settlement video preview or download it here
    Under the Honorable Patronage of B. Ward

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

Some sneakpics of our early stage of the mod's map added in FAQ...
    Map by Agistournas!

More icons from our early version map added in FAQ!
    The most realistic shore line ever!
    Please rep our frined Agitournas for his creation...
    There will be more updates soon!

Great Conflicts mod seaks for Muslim roster contributors...
    I hope some creators will answer!

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Great work on the map, it looks awesome! I sure have to rep Agistournas whenever I see him!

Quote Originally Posted by alien_t View Post
    I think map posted from NikeBG will be helpful.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...74#post4573974
    Yeah, that map *could* be useful, though the main problem is that it could be useful mainly to Bulgarians: 1) Because it's on Bulgarian and Cyrillic (i.e. needs someone who can read Cyrillic, which might be close to Greek, but not fully the same, so it might eventually be confusing for the Greeks), and 2) Because it needs someone familiar with the history of the region who would know which settlement existed at that time and how it was called. Also, if someone wants to use that map - make sure to send me a PM, so I can send you the full file, because the original file is around 8MB, which was too big for PhotoBucket (and which automatically shrinked it so horribly small to the one from the link). Also, I had made this map for The Golden Ages (or at least the Latinic names) which wouldn't be too far off from the time-period (but I also can't say it's 100% accurate in some of the names f.e.).

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    Great work on the map, it looks awesome! I sure have to rep Agistournas whenever I see him!

Yeah, that map *could* be useful, though the main problem is that it could be useful mainly to Bulgarians: 1) Because it's on Bulgarian and Cyrillic (i.e. needs someone who can read Cyrillic, which might be close to Greek, but not fully the same, so it might eventually be confusing for the Greeks), and 2) Because it needs someone familiar with the history of the region who would know which settlement existed at that time and how it was called. Also, if someone wants to use that map - make sure to send me a PM, so I can send you the full file, because the original file is around 8MB, which was too big for PhotoBucket (and which automatically shrinked it so horribly small to the one from the link). Also, I had made this map for The Golden Ages (or at least the Latinic names) which wouldn't be too far off from the time-period (but I also can't say it's 100% accurate in some of the names f.e.).
    The map is realy helpfull my friend be sure that it will be used...
    Agistournas now creates the mountains using satelite images...
    We though that Dounab should be open for ships...
    The Roman fleet closed the river crossings in atleast two wars...

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Oh, that's perfect! And especially for these conflicts!
    Btw, which map do you mean? If it's this one, I have to send you the full map (high resolution), because the uploaded one is more like just a super-shrinked preview...

Oh, that's perfect! And especially for these conflicts!
    Btw, which map do you mean? If it's this one, I have to send you the full map (high resolution), because the uploaded one is more like just a super-shrinked preview...
    I was refairing to the other one but if it's possible to sent this one full scale would be also a good addition!

You can see our map's progress(By Agistournas)in the FAQ!

Agis Tournas's Avatar ★ Modder-at-Arms ★

NOW YOU SEE ME, NOW YOU DON'T as Ozzy Osbourne was singing in the 90's!

Be sure that I will try my best with the map...
    A mini-mod is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!

Son of Agisilaos / Grandson of jimkatalanos / Great-grandson of Garbarsardar