Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

following

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Thank you all
    We´ve presented not much of the new developments in pictures...

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    We've presented not much of the new developments in pictures...
    I think you hold the cure for that in your hands mate!

Right - a big preview is on the way. I´ve written most of the Text the last two days.
    Still need to make some ingame shoots for the preview. stay tuned in the next days

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    Right - a big preview is on the way. I´ve written most of the Text the last two days.
    Still need to make some ingame shoots for the preview. stay tuned in the next days
    Look forward to it!

Yay!

Man, it's obvious that as the Romans, i'm going to lose those Dalmatian regions and some Anatolian regions, although the latter will be easier to reclaim back once you get everything in order in your Balkan regions.
    Last edited by NapoleonMaster; November 29, 2019 at 05:26 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    Man, it's obvious that as the Romans, i'm going to lose those Dalmatian regions and some Anatolian regions, although the latter will be easier to reclaim back once you get everything in order in your Balkan regions.
    Why?
    Diplomacy, low taxation and limited armies at first will allow you keep them, gaining time to grow your economy, chose what regions you will turn to military centers and what regions to financial ones. In time the money will flow but...I can't say more its a surprice!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Whoever is doing the EDU and EBU scripting they should make every building 1 turn only and all units should be cheap and be 1 turn. While having every unit be able to be max out for armour upgrades. Don't forget to implement aachen brest and calais into the game. The mod should have historical buildings and cities.

None of those cities are even in the map's area.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Damn! Well someone should implement them into the mod.

@ all
    Happy St. Nicolaus!

TGC 0.9.5 - St. Nicolaus Day Special

Script: The Condominium of Cyprus

The historical situation in Cyprus was a very unique one. In 688, the emperor Justinian II and caliph Abd al-Malik reached an unprecedented agreement. The arabs evacuated the island and for the next 300 years, Cyprus was ruled jointly by both the Caliphate and Eastern Roman Empire as a condominium, despite the nearly constant warfare between the parties on the mainland. The collected taxes were divided among the Caliph and the Emperor.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

TGC reflect this treaty in a the campaign for the ERE and the Abasid Caliphat. It is forbidden for any military for to be on the island. If so, you have two turns to remove your troops from the island. The Player will be informed that he is in process of breaking the agreement or that the agreement is in danger to be broken by the other faction. If any of the two settlements are catured, than War is declared between parties. A later Peace is only available, if both settlements return into rebel status.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Credits

TGC:
    AnthoniusII : Modleader, Unitcreation, Testing and crazy ideas
    _tartaros_ : Scripts, Mapping, Testing and Build-Manager
    Jale82 : Implantation of Named Forts, Textworks and Testing

======================

Gigantus: for his relentless support in all fields
    Withwnar: For his support in many scriptissues and ideas for fixes
    Bovi: For his magnificant tool - hunting down many issues

great info and pictures,keep up the great work!

edit;catured schould be captured lol,a great script and good to know real history!(mine english is very bad)
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; December 06, 2019 at 03:51 PM.

This is interesting, and potentially very complicated depending on other factions getting involved. So what happens for example if another, third faction army lands in Cypress and starts capturing settlements. Say, an Aghlabid army or a Bulgarian army? Does this trigger a war with the Abbasid and the ERE? Or, if they are already at war with each over the island, and someone else captures it kicking both of them out, does that end their war?

I would guess that this is not a problem if a third party invades Cyprus. I would think that if you were playing as the Abbasids or ERE you could then take the island from the third party without being in violation of the terms of the treaty. Or would it automatically revert back to the treaty if you took the island? For example, the Bulgars capture Cyprus, and either the Abbasids or ERE captures it from the Bulgars. Does it then revert back to the condominium status and you would have to evacuate the island to avoid war?

indeed this scenario wasn´t tested so far, because it didn´t happen. a 3rd party conquering cyprus or landing armies don´t trigger a war between abasids and ERE, it´s just between them.
    But it´s an expansion, that if a 3rd faction does this, then ERE and abasids declare war on them.

I'll be old, until this mod comes out

we getting older by the day, but a public beta release is getting closer every day.

It would be very appreciated if the team could rewrite the text before releasing the mod because some of it is badly written and it's sometimes difficult to understand.

for sure, most of this is done by me and i´m a badly nonnative english writer/speaker.
    text correction/editing can be done easily by interested people, once the public beta is out there. indeed that´s my big hope to collect more support and fix areas that are still in a big WIP.