Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Quote Originally Posted by Gh4m3_Gh0st View Post
    Hi Guys, so i in turn 365 as the Eastern Franks and the Holy Roman Faction faction switch has happened and a lot of stacks of the Eastern Frankish Empire has besieged a lot of my cities, the problem starts there, i'm can't click anything after i auto-resolve ou fight manually the first battle and if that does not happen after the army does the animation before entering the city the game crashes, does anyone had this problem ?
    can you send me a savegame to take a look. best would be the one before the faction transformation.

in theory the switch should happen without a problem. you, as Eastern franks switch into the new HRE which take over all EF settlements. EF are then dead and shouldn´t be around any longer. you as HRE can retrain EF troops, simply because you now have another culture as HRE and you can´t recruit HRE troops for the most part at the beginning. the EF troops are a transformation help to fill the gap.

there could be one issue: HRE has a shadow faction, which means a specific coding in the files. it´s also an emerging faction and both together may cause this issue. a savegame befor and after the transformation would be nice to investigate the issue. you can also post some screenshoots to get a picture overall.

regards

Foederatus

Foederatus

Just end the turn and it will happen

thank you - will take a look

Foederatus

I'm should be thanking you Tartaros, if you find anything please let me know cause i really want to try the new roster of the HRE !

good news, was able to bypass the malus parts. i used an old trick, i switched into a second faction (kalbids) and this way the game didn´t failed the victory conditions and franks evolved into HRE - but the AI-Frankscript then kicked in and frankish armies besieged my HRE settlements needed to give the AI-Franks the ability to evolve into the HRE themselve - sounds a bit wired, but it was a sideeffect.
    anyway,
    you start as hre in turn 365 now and face massiv unarrest because of the cultural differences. you empire is pretty big. it´s also possible that the HRE shadowfaction will kick in very soon as Otto has only 1 authority and your empire is in cultural transformation. you can also recruit troops as intended, but i needed to redo most stats for HRE. frankish basic troops are recruitable too as AOR units.

i´ve put a new edu into the download. put this file into the TGC data folder - it´s savegame.

let me know about the progress, how recruitment is working and if the shadow faction appear. other then that i´ve seen kalbids, fatimids, bulgarian shadow faction, pechenegs and rus as new faction on the map. that´s pretty good news, as it seems all there spawn events worked. next should be the normans and then the turcomans at last.

All other are also free to take a look at this campaign. if someone needs a challange, i think the next turns will be amazing to play.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Foederatus

thank you so much tartaros for helping me a lot always, just one more for the book xD when i use your savegame the game stays in the HRE Turn, like it's not frozen, its just that the HRE aren't doing anything so the turn can't really progress ? Any idea of why that might be ?

ahh, it seems to be an inbetween savegame.
    i will upload a correct one. edit - the shadow faction spawn happen in that turn.
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; May 28, 2021 at 09:22 AM.

Foederatus

No problem man, thanks again

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

The Isamicfinal rosters reform has started. Its a huge task and i will start from the common units and expand to the unique per faction ones.
    Stay tuned.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Awesome looking forward to this. Just a shame I will have to kill them all

The players that wil chose an Islamic faction will have a rather difficult chalenge. Not only to conquer spesufic -per faction- regions, not only eliminate spasific factions and a spesific number of regions but in 1071 THEY MUST be th eonly Islamic Faction in the game! The player must become the Caliph in the place of the Caliph! Unite the entire Muslim world under his banner. So..he might have to become ally to kind of unussual factions with different religions.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

That sounds great in theory it is what the Fatimids strived to achieve.
    Although the Fatimid caliphate eventually based in Aegyptos were held in Syria.
    What about the minor emirs who claimed fealty to the local power, whether Abassid, Fatimid or in the case of Mosel, Tarsos vassals of the Romans... Well eventually after years of battling "the sword of the dynasty"

Those Emirs never had such pretentions. They were concerned with local power bases. Some were of Arab nobles decent, others were Turkic warlords, supposedly in Abbasid employment.
    Do you think you might do a model for Arab and Turkic warlords/ emirs in the same faction is that even possible?
    They could have different loyalty, traits benefits etc
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; June 13, 2021 at 12:24 AM.

https://greekcitytimes.com/2021/06/0...se-beirut/amp/

The Romans still celebrate their heritage on the outskirts of the oikoumenikon

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    That sounds great in theory it is what the Fatimids strived to achieve.
    Although the Fatimid caliphate eventually based in Aegyptos were held in Syria.
    What about the minor emirs who claimed fealty to the local power, whether Abassid, Fatimid or in the case of Mosel, Tarsos vassals of the Romans... Well eventually after years of battling "the sword of the dynasty"

Those Emirs never had such pretentions. They were concerned with local power bases. Some were of Arab nobles decent, others were Turkic warlords, supposedly in Abbasid employment.
    Do you think you might do a model for Arab and Turkic warlords/ emirs in the same faction is that even possible?
    They could have different loyalty, traits benefits etc
    Its true that Emirs were DE FACTO intipentant but officialy subjects of the Caliph of Damascus. Abbasids actually used the Caliph to name their land "Caliphate". But no other Emir saw Abbasids as true Cliphs since evene as a pupet person the legitimate Caliph still was in Damascus. Just like Romans had the Renovatio Mundi (the restoration of the Roman Empire) Emirs always seaked a full domination over the entire Muslim world. It was the real problems and ealistic policy that made such attempts almost impossible but in the game they will have that chance.
    For Abbasids and Tulunids we do not have warlords but their "nobles" like the Roman Aristocrats are Turkish origin . Satrted as mercenaries they climbed to the ranking system and by recieving lands as rewards they became a new aristocracy for those societies.
    Achlabids will have Berber Aristicrats . Crete and Kalbids are the onli Islamic factions that will have Arab origin nobles. Fatimids will have african nobles .
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; June 13, 2021 at 02:24 AM.

Thank you very much, that answers my questions very well. I look forward very much.

Not that I have ever got as far as 1030/40s but will there Turkic raids through the Tauros mts?

One little point the Sunn Abbasid Caliphate is in Bagdad I am pretty sure you know that, but of course Damascos is on the map. Plus it remained an important strategic goal for the Fatimids and Sayf al-Dawla the local Arab emir.

On the subject of the Abbasid Caliphate I have just been reading Abbasid Caliph Al-Mutawakkil of Bagdad was essentially placed on the throne by his Turkic bodyguards.
    The Caliphate had already come to rely upon Turkic troops rather than Arab and iranian.
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; June 14, 2021 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Added questions

I would like to ask whether anyone has thought to expand the map to the east in order to add Baghdad and the Jewish Khazar Khaganate. What you think?

we have a chasar heavy cavalry unit ingame, recruitable as AOR in the crimean area for some factions.
    At TGC´timeframe, it´s Kaganat was long gone. Only remnants people remained, such as those units, but without political power or entities.

regarding the expansion, this would require a completly new game. we have plans for smaller, more focused maps for subcampaigns, but for now there will be the map as it is.

Not that I have ever got as far as 1030/40s but will there Turkic raids through the Tauros mts?

One little point the Sunn Abbasid Caliphate is in Bagdad I am pretty sure you know that, but of course Damascos is on the map. Plus it remained an important strategic goal for the Fatimids and Sayf al-Dawla the local Arab emir.

On the subject of the Abbasid Caliphate I have just been reading Abbasid Caliph Al-Mutawakkil of Bagdad was essentially placed on the throne by his Turkic bodyguards.
    The Caliphate had already come to rely upon Turkic troops rather than Arab and iranian.
    the turkic invasion is scripted in 3 events and there will be several strong stacks roaming around as a horde faction.
    they have some horde targets, such as damascus and antiocheia, so they will settle at some point.

How does "Papal states" work? Can or could it be used for Abbasids as Bagdad is off map.
    Then, just supposing then you could have emir of Tarsos, Sayf al-Dawla I know you have, he took(/held/lost and repeat) Damaskos briefly I think, plus there was his brother The shield if the Dynasty.

Sayf al-Dawla raided Roman territory for presidge other emirs and especially the Fatamids were to become big power rivals in hegemonic rivalling.