Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Papal states is an other non playable faction. It has good relations with almost all christians but the Schism of 1054 will triger the Chrisendom separation under Poep's degree. So no matter how good relations a players plays Romans has with:
    Papal States
    Lombards
    HRE,Croatia,
    Great Moravia
    Hungary
    Normans automaticaly they will turn to hostile after 1054!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

it´s an interesting suggestion, but also very intence for changing. we could use the papal_states attribute for any factions, but we then need to change the formal religion from islam into catholic in order to have "islamic" faction use vanilla catholic mechanics.

we´ve also have 2 islamic faith present - shia and sunni
    Our Campaign AI need to be reworked as well - alot of stuff for a limited benefit.

However it is possible to use the djihad mechanic for most islamic factions beside the fatimids, which are shia. we´ve decided against the use of the mechanic, because it wasn´t common in our timeframe (at least how the vanilla mechanic is working in the game).

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I do see your points. I did say, I might have idea's but practical techniques, not so much

- same as Anthonius sometimes
    it´s always a good idea to bring together ideas and technical solutions.

most technicians lack imagination

TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Look forward to your return Arnie

Hi, great mod but the fact that movement distances don't seem to have been scaled up in conjunction with how zoomed in the map is is really bugging me. I started as the Romans and realized it would take a mind-boggling 10-15 turns just to sail(!) from Constantinople to reinforce my Italian cities.
    Can someone point me to the file that controls movement points so I can put in numbers I'm more comfortable with?
    SIT VIS VOBISCUM

That is a reasonable point and although I do not have appropriate figures in front of me, it would be good to read through some of my contemporary sources for the period, to see just how long various journeys took.
    Whether they be diplomatic missions, military operations, or mercantile ventures each would be peculiar to its environment and resources, not to mention geographic and climatic influences.
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; September 09, 2021 at 01:45 AM. Reason: replaced voyages with journeys

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Did the large armies travel by sea at that moment of history? (I mean: "large" in terms of the scale of the game/mod)
    From what I've read they used to move mostly overland. It was not the time of Belisarius anymore.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; September 09, 2021 at 03:42 AM.

Indeed, the majority if not all armies went by land.

That depended of each nation.
    Example 1: Emirate of Crete purely a naval state!
    Example 2: Roman Empire several naval campaigns against Emirate of Crete and Abbasids.
    Example 3: Abbasids . Severalnaval raids and landings siegeing Asia Minor cities.
    Example 4: Rus ofcourse!
    Example 5: Norman Major invasion.
    Example 6: Achlabids major invasion to Sicely an later to south Italy.
    There will be 3 types of nations about their naval abillities.
    1st Those that could build huge amounts of Vessels :
    Romans
    Muslims
    Rus
    Venice
    Those that could transport armies and have basic naval batle abillity (Cog ship only)
    North and South Europeans
    Those without any naval abillity
    Steppe factions
    Magyars
    Pechenags
    Turcomans

I think just 1 turn (representing 3 months) is entirely reasonable for a fleet to get from Constantinople to Sicily... and back (not in the winter though of course)!
    SIT VIS VOBISCUM

Quote Originally Posted by talknight2 View Post
    Can someone point me to the file that controls movement points so I can put in numbers I'm more comfortable with?
    No one has answered the question so I will:
    descr_character.txt is the file, just change the starting_action_points value

note: AI turn times might increase the more you pump it

Thanks!

Here's the file with substantially increased movement distances if anyone else is interested. It is now possible to march in 1 season from Benevento to the Alps, which is still very slow in real-world terms, but I think it's already pushing the game balance.

descr_character.txt
    SIT VIS VOBISCUM

I am serius thinking to withdraw TGC from TWC and move it to Total War.org. At least there are less hypocrits there that in TWC.
    Every day present in TWC since day one in 2007 .
    2 Tutorials
    1 Major Project that helped more than 40 mods to add Byzantine accurate troops in them.
    Constant help in M2TW workshop in the fields i have some knowlege.
    Sharing sources with other mods.
    But this "activity" passed UNNOTTICED from many that I ma not a "close" friend to aknowlege my contribution.
    Its not a matter of awards but a matter of double standards, hypocricy and a matter that awards are given with the only criteria the public relations of a modder!
    Stay tuned for more news. In the meanwhile any new developement will be posted in TW.ORG .

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    I am serius thinking to withdraw TGC from TWC and move it to Total War.org. At least there are less hypocrits there that in TWC.
    Every day present in TWC since day one in 2007 .
    2 Tutorials
    1 Major Project that helped more than 40 mods to add Byzantine accurate troops in them.
    Constant help in M2TW workshop in the fields i have some knowlege.
    Sharing sources with other mods.
    But this "activity" passed UNNOTTICED from many that I ma not a "close" friend to aknowlege my contribution.
    Its not a matter of awards but a matter of double standards, hypocricy and a matter that awards are given with the only criteria the public relations of a modder!
    Stay tuned for more news. In the meanwhile any new developement will be posted in TW.ORG .
    As you notticed many threads deleted. Soon only a couple of them will remain to inform yu about our development with links to Total War.org

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    As you notticed many threads deleted. Soon only a couple of them will remain to inform yu about our development with links to Total War.org
    AnthoniusII,
    I don't go often to the Org. Having just one portal to visit has great advantages. It's too late for me to swith to another one (even if it'd be coming back to 2009...).
    Why would you delete threads is also not understandable to me. I find it a wrong way of dealing with the mod.
    I wish you all the best, without destroying things thay you've made in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    AnthoniusII,
    I don't go often to the Org. Having just one portal to visit has great advantages. It's too late for me to swith to another one (even if it'd be coming back to 2009...).
    Why would you delete threads is also not understandable to me. I find it a wrong way of dealing with the mod.
    I wish you all the best, without destroying things thay you've made in the past.
    I leave behind theleast "foot prnt" possible in TWC. I also deleted my 2 tutorials. I never asked an award (i left Arifex ranks as an act of protest) but above all I hate hupocricy and TWC in the last years is full of hypocricy.
    They wanted me to leave TWC for some years now. They tried via punishment for "off topic posts"...they did not uknowlege my contribution to TWC's community as a preasure measure to leave. So I do them a favor and leave.
    It seams i never had enough "friends" in crusial places to see and promote my work. So if the public relations is the measure of success here in TWC i failed in that and leave with dignity.
    EDIT: Why visit TW.ORG? You have your own mod to look after. Leave TGC in peace.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; October 09, 2021 at 04:28 AM.

I respect this decision, but i think it´s wrong in any way.

EDIT: Why visit TW.ORG? You have your own mod to look after. Leave TGC in peace.

I'm lost