Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Ok kingsmen honestly man you give me the impression that you know zero about modding. How can you ask if it will be 6 months?! Seeing as you already have access to a dev forum and can see how progress can be. It could be 6 months or it could be 6 years. No one knows when it comes to modding.
    well i bet that the beta will be finished in a month and i won

the question vas retorical,more like will it take months or jears and something tells me that it wont take more than 2 jears,just a bet!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Knotaratoi looks glorious
    Its an unsolved mystery that Kontarion Makron was not in the late 11th century equipment or after.
    In fact while Romans had to deal with Knights they stoped to use that usefull weapon. The only explanation i can give is the de=romanisation of the army.
    Poor citizens were rarely called to arms and more than half of the army became mercenary origin one.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Its an unsolved mystery that Kontarion Makron was not in the late 11th century equipment or after.
    In fact while Romans had to deal with Knights they stoped to use that usefull weapon.
    I also find this weird. Do you think that it was the period of civil strife after Matzikert that decimated the army and that the Komnenians simply did not have the resources and time to train such spesialized troops or that it began before Matzikert when the emperors disbanded the army and replaced it with mercenaries? Or perhaps the Komnenians did make use of these weapons but the historians did not mention it?
    "There is nothing more conductive to the destruction of a nation, whether it be republic or monarchy, than the lack of men of wisdom or intellect."
    -John VI Kantakouzenos, Roman Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Bardas Phokas View Post
    I also find this weird. Do you think that it was the period of civil strife after Matzikert that decimated the army and that the Komnenians simply did not have the resources and time to train such spesialized troops or that it began before Matzikert when the emperors disbanded the army and replaced it with mercenaries? Or perhaps the Komnenians did make use of these weapons but the historians did not mention it?
    Its the most logical explanation.
    If the numbers of the army that Romanos Diogenis are fictional (300000 men) an army of 100000 to deal 50-60000 of enemies is quite lofical.
    But 80% of his cavalary was "allies" (Armenians) or mercenaries.
    Only the infantry had still 90% of native soldiers.
    After the civilt war that ended with the surrender of Romanos the next Emperors might have doupts of how loyal the domestic troops will stay.
    If they were able to betray a Hero like Diogenis why they could not betray them also?
    Mercenaries obey to the one that pays them. So yes they dispanded most of the native forces and neglected their training and equipment in order to save money to buy loyal mercenaries.
    From that point on the Roman Army was not realy Roman anymore!
    Training and ofcourse morale was so low that in 1203 80 knights forced 512 cataphracts to run!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Its the most logical explanation.
    If the numbers of the army that Romanos Diogenis are fictional (300000 men) an army of 100000 to deal 50-60000 of enemies is quite lofical.
    But 80% of his cavalary was "allies" (Armenians) or mercenaries.
    Only the infantry had still 90% of native soldiers.
    After the civilt war that ended with the surrender of Romanos the next Emperors might have doupts of how loyal the domestic troops will stay.
    If they were able to betray a Hero like Diogenis why they could not betray them also?
    Mercenaries obey to the one that pays them. So yes they dispanded most of the native forces and neglected their training and equipment in order to save money to buy loyal mercenaries.
    From that point on the Roman Army was not realy Roman anymore!
    Training and ofcourse morale was so low that in 1203 80 knights forced 512 cataphracts to run!
    What are you talking about?

An Easter gift to all our fans:
    I had no sleep last nigh and finished tier 1 Rebel Aristocrats shields paterns.

This time Credits go only to Leif Erikson that his "shield leather" I used.
    ALL shield paterns belong to a great donator , great artist and friend Пётр Фролов.
    You can enjoy his works in his PB page.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

They look amazing, you definatelly deserve some rest now

Not yet..Their tier 2 both body and attachment texxtures must be made.
    But no matter the diferent helmet plumes, some diferent tunic colors and mostly diferent shield paterns (and later diferent unit banners) Roman civil wars will be realy confusing.
    Its like every one that fights asking the one infront of him "are you with us or with the others".???
    Testing tunic and legs textures....
    I have chosen Rebels...and I marched against the loyalists.

They charged against me but it was abvius that some of them had doupts!

Finally when my troops and their opponets desided that they have to fight before dinner! What a mess..who are with us and who are against us?

Damn....I hope you will get some conclusions!
    Please ignore the normal maps iregularities. Finally one common normal texture will be for both.

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

It's so good to see such efforts and love put in to a mod.
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

Quote Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
    It's so good to see such efforts and love put in to a mod.
    My friend I consider my self very fortunate.
    From the early days of CBUR and TGC project to today I had the honor to share the same vision , a dream if you like- about a mod out of the ordinary.
    What made it ordinary was the share of or need to learn from each other in the process. To try to show -as possible- history away from its historical myths.
    It was not easy...1st -as Ceasar Clivus used to say- they had to deal with a "crazy guy asking crazy things"!
    But today..closer to a release than ever, i watch everything all the members of TGC fellowship acomplised and I am still astonised. Every one that put a little or a biger stone to the wall we call TGC overcame his abillities and driven modding of the limits. TGC may not -yet- seem as complicated as TATW or CoW but I can ensure you, many unique things are in there waiting to brake the barrier of the release and give all of us joy but most of all a fragment of knowlege ...

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

This mod was one of the big reasons i joined the community! I'm glad to see it alive!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

You shouldn't overstress yourself Antonie. Rest is important.
    With that said however, your work is absolutely stunning! The rebel aristocratai look gorgeous! And those shields are... wow!
    My congrats to Petr.
    Well done.

PS: Yeeees! Join the rebellion of the glorious Phokas clan!
    Let us march to Constantinople! Let's jsut hope those pesky Varangians don't show up.
    "There is nothing more conductive to the destruction of a nation, whether it be republic or monarchy, than the lack of men of wisdom or intellect."
    -John VI Kantakouzenos, Roman Emperor

Amazing unit indeed.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Rebel aristocrats shields have finished. They are almost done.

The shield patern with the red/yellow cross made by hyretic.

The XP shield patern belongs to Pacco.

The "leather" texture all shields use belongs to leif Erikson, the rest of the shield paterns are creations of Пётр Фролов.

Those shields look very nice!

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Awesome !
    No freedom was ever given by any request, nor good speech. Freedom is what you conquer !

Can't wait to play this! So fare my favorite faction is the Byzantine Empire.When will this come out?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Wolf View Post
    Can't wait to play this! So fare my favorite faction is the Byzantine Empire.When will this come out?
    Unfortunatly we do not have Byzantine Empire in our faction pool.
    We have Roman Empire or if you prefer State of the Romans or finally Middle Ages Romans.
    Anyway...
    Since I keep almost ecerything i remembered that Leif Erikson made a shield for Romans that we did not use that time. Today it found its place in the Rebel Aristocats among the rest we already shown.

Credits:
    Leif Erikson
    Pacco
    hyretic

Пётр Фролов.

EDIT:
    Now I am going to complete the rosters with the minor units that are the hardest. The simpler the texture the most dificult the model adjustment is.
    About release: No one can be sure. If all goes well I estimate that by the end of the summer all unit rosters will be 100% complete.
    But real life hides many surprices. These guys you see should be in game twp years ago...Leif left without warning, I got sick etc...That is why you see them today.
    So.. no promises.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; May 03, 2016 at 10:40 AM.

Hey, at least there is still progress. So long as something is being done it isnt dead!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

okay, I'll keep my eye on this. It's coming along really well.