Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Also in the HRE roster, the LORICATI also have no "Excellent Morale" as well, so both HRE and Regnum Francorum seemed share the same problem

May I ask how can I change the rate of fire or the maximum arc of the greek fire unit. I want to modify the unit for entertainment purpose. Thank you so much for your help

Quote Originally Posted by DQE View Post
    May I ask how can I change the rate of fire or the maximum arc of the greek fire unit. I want to modify the unit for entertainment purpose. Thank you so much for your help

Never mind. I change the Greek Fire shooting amination in the Battle_models.modeldb from arquebus animation to flamethrower animation and now the unit can fire from behind the melee unit
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; April 02, 2021 at 06:18 AM.

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

I found three historical looking Magyar cavalry units in The Last Kingdom mod: https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-last-kingdom-m2tw
    Those models are nice, and realy historical looking. If the The Grat Conflicts contained them, that would be good.

Gyula kísérete (Gyula's retinue) = In TGC mod this is the "Fejedelmi kíséret" unit
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gyula kísérete (1).jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	393.1 KB 
ID:	364510Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gyula kísérete (2).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	441.6 KB 
ID:	364509Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gyula kísérete (3).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	407.9 KB 
ID:	364508

Kér lovasíjász (Kér horse archer) = In TGC mod this is the "Ínek" unit

Name:	Kér lovasíjász (1).jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	373.6 KB 
ID:	364514Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kér lovasíjász (2).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	343.2 KB 
ID:	364513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kér lovasíjász (4).jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	391.4 KB 
ID:	364511

Kabar felderítők (Kabar scouts) = In TGC mod this is the "Kavarok" unit

Name:	Kabar felderítők (1).jpg 
Size:	348.8 KB 
ID:	364519Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kabar felderítők (2).jpg 
Size:	321.7 KB 
ID:	364518Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kabar felderítők (3).jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	335.7 KB 
ID:	364517Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kabar felderítők (5).jpg 
Size:	373.1 KB 
ID:	364516
    Last edited by Brezkimra; April 03, 2021 at 01:07 PM.
    (I'm hungarian. My english is not so good. Sorry.)

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

A bit late to the party but I started playing this for the first time today. Just wanted to say - what a beautiful mod. It reminds me a lot of Thrones of Britannia but in a more diverse and fascinating setting. I've been following TGC for a decade now so I know all of the love and hard work that has gone into the factions, historic missions, units etc. There are some issues (that I'm sure that have already been brought up) for example the random and constant CTDs which require a lot of patience to soldier through (I tend to make a new save every three turns just so I can have a 'good' save to fall back on.) The campaign map is beautiful but (I'm currently playing as Kievan Rus) I've noticed that many of the settlements in Romania and Ukraine are really out of place (i.e. Brashov is depicted as being outside of the Carpathian range when it should be inside). Chernivtsi, Khotyn, and Kamianets are also placed rather awkwardly.

I noticed that the strat map models are vanilla ones. I noticed that it's already been brought up in the TGC threads, but some unique strat map models for the factions would make this mod all the more beautiful.

My hat's off to the team, I know that you guys have put some awesome work into it! I'm really proud of you guys!
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by szikelkun View Post
    I found three historical looking Magyar cavalry units in The Last Kingdom mod: https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-last-kingdom-m2tw
    Those models are nice, and realy historical looking. If the The Grat Conflicts contained them, that would be good.

Gyula kísérete (Gyula's retinue) = In TGC mod this is the "Fejedelmi kíséret" unit

Name:	Gyula kísérete (1).jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	393.1 KB 
ID:	364510Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gyula kísérete (2).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	441.6 KB 
ID:	364509Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gyula kísérete (3).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	407.9 KB 
ID:	364508

Kér lovasíjász (Kér horse archer) = In TGC mod this is the "Ínek" unit

Name:	Kér lovasíjász (1).jpg 
Size:	373.6 KB 
ID:	364514Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kér lovasíjász (2).jpg 
Size:	343.2 KB 
ID:	364513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kér lovasíjász (4).jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	391.4 KB 
ID:	364511

Kabar felderítők (Kabar scouts) = In TGC mod this is the "Kavarok" unit

Name:	Kabar felderítők (1).jpg 
Size:	348.8 KB 
ID:	364519Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kabar felderítők (2).jpg 
Size:	321.7 KB 
ID:	364518Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kabar felderítők (3).jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	335.7 KB 
ID:	364517Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kabar felderítők (5).jpg 
Size:	373.1 KB 
ID:	364516
    Thank you for your sugestions. But its a matter of style and ballance. Our Innek is quite stronger unit than the one they made for their mod. They have interest textures though but I believe that Koultourasmade also a great job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    A bit late to the party but I started playing this for the first time today. Just wanted to say - what a beautiful mod. It reminds me a lot of Thrones of Britannia but in a more diverse and fascinating setting. I've been following TGC for a decade now so I know all of the love and hard work that has gone into the factions, historic missions, units etc. There are some issues (that I'm sure that have already been brought up) for example the random and constant CTDs which require a lot of patience to soldier through (I tend to make a new save every three turns just so I can have a 'good' save to fall back on.) The campaign map is beautiful but (I'm currently playing as Kievan Rus) I've noticed that many of the settlements in Romania and Ukraine are really out of place (i.e. Brashov is depicted as being outside of the Carpathian range when it should be inside). Chernivtsi, Khotyn, and Kamianets are also placed rather awkwardly.

I noticed that the strat map models are vanilla ones. I noticed that it's already been brought up in the TGC threads, but some unique strat map models for the factions would make this mod all the more beautiful.

My hat's off to the team, I know that you guys have put some awesome work into it! I'm really proud of you guys!
    About the cities. We must have a map to see how far wrong those cities are.
    About strat_map models. In the curent build only Romans have ones because Jurceck is buzy with Wallachia TW mod.
    Soon we will replace all vanilla strat_map models. Someone mentioned that Pecheneg King textures are out of place. Fixing that problem i will create the Pechenegs strat_map models material as well.
    King
    Heir
    General
    Captain
    Amassador
    For the future developing plans read the OP of the release of this build.
    Now i am creating the portraits of Lombards and few more because rebel faction is linked by default with south_european one.
    After the portraits the real chalenge begins.
    The reform of all Islamic factions rosters based on Chandax one adding several unique units per each faction. That way atleast 10 "cloned" units will be deleted.
    An example Saracen marines are crossbowmen but in Chandax they have their proper name.
    With some animation and crossbow changes all islamic factions will use the same model with re-colored textures and most important of all common normal map texture making the data "lighter".
    When open beta 1.0 will be released the "attachments" folder must be completly empty waiting modders to use it for their sub mods.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Hey Mr AnthoniusII and the Great Conflict Team. I want to ask why the Roman did not use the Siphonatores as a main shock trooper force (like how the Hungarian Black Army issued 10% - 20% of the troop with hand cannon)? Is that weapon expensive to produce or we have just have no idea how it was used in the battlefield? Thank you for your patience! And sorry if this is a stupid question!

Hey Mr AnthoniusII and the Great Conflict Team. I want to ask why the Roman did not use the Siphonatores as a main shock trooper force (like how the Hungarian Black Army issued 10% - 20% of the troop with hand cannon)? Is that weapon expensive to produce or we have just have no idea how it was used in the battlefield? Thank you for your patience! And sorry if this is a stupid question!

It had to do with teh secret of its mixture that made so difficult to stop it burn. It was a weapon trusted only to the most trusted Palace guards. That is why the reciepe of that mixcture never found. It hold teh Quiness record about the most well preserved military secret ever made. Imagine if 100 warriors would be on the field and the mixture would fall into enemy's hands what would happen.

And finally how Rus with their slick and fast ships felt against that weapon in their hyge raid against Constantinople:
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; April 11, 2021 at 12:22 PM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Do you happen to know if there is any mention of Siphonatores in any tactical ground battle? Thank you so much for your information!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

to my knowledge they where mostly used in sea-and siege warfare. the most prominent beeing the first arab siege of constantinople (and burning of the arab fleets) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4BtmRMwYmw @4:00

here´s a paper about helmets, but it also contains alot of historical images + informations
    https://journals.indexcopernicus.com...eId/263452.pdf

Thank you for the information _Tartaros_ and AnthoniusII

Dear TGC team! I'm collecting historical Magyar musics for different era Hungarian (=Magyar) faction campaigns . Are you interested about the musics what I choose for TGC era?
    (I'm hungarian. My english is not so good. Sorry.)

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

sure!
    but be aware that we have an optional download for music to prevent copyright issues. the vanilla mod has vanilla music, but the music can be updated via optional download.
    in the current build we didn´t support the optional music, as it needs a general rework and in this, any new music can find it´s place.

What would be the bigest irony in TGC's development?
    The creation of the Islamic faction unit rosters during the Orhodox Easter week!

Just curious, I've read tons of info on Greek Fire "Throwers" on Roman ships, but what's the source of their use on land, particularly the depiction of it in TGC and other mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_guy_4_you View Post
    Just curious, I've read tons of info on Greek Fire "Throwers" on Roman ships, but what's the source of their use on land, particularly the depiction of it in TGC and other mods.
    The sources are the cheirosiphons that found themsselvs:
    Cheirosiphons

Is yoru curiocity solved?
    Nothing in TGC is fictional exept ofcourse some shield paterns because we did not have enough references from books and re-inactors.

Wow, this medieval flame thrower looks like Eintossflammerwerfer

Almost unreal

Hello AnthoniusII, I have another questions.

Do you happened to know how many Cataphracts are there in the Late Roman Army (from Constantine the Great). I attempted to count 12 Scholae Regiments and 17 regiments of the clibanarii and cataphractarii mentioned in Notitia Dignatorum, and if each regiment has 500 men, then the sum will be around 15k cataphract, which is not much for an army of 500k men in the Late Empire.

Also, if there are 5 cataphract tagmata during Basil II and assume they have around 1500-3000 men, the number will be 7500 - 15000 men right?

Hello AnthoniusII, I have another questions.

Do you happened to know how many Cataphracts are there in the Late Roman Army (from Constantine the Great). I attempted to count 12 Scholae Regiments and 17 regiments of the clibanarii and cataphractarii mentioned in Notitia Dignatorum, and if each regiment has 500 men, then the sum will be around 15k cataphract, which is not much for an army of 500k men in the Late Empire.

Also, if there are 5 cataphract tagmata during Basil II and assume they have around 1500-3000 men, the number will be 7500 - 15000 men right?

Lets separate Limitanei from Commitances foirces. each kind had its own light and heavy troops including what we modern people call clibanarii or cataphracts.
    In the Macedonian Dynasty and much more after that..we have too little info and that info is usually confussing. In many sources each Tagma of Tagmatic forces (that replaced Commitances) had up to 3000 - 7500 troops!
    In other later sources we come across with the number 512. That number fits to wedge formation those cavalry regiments used for charge. But often it apears as the maximum mumber of each tagma. The truth must be somewhere in between like the Regiments od Pezaitaeroi of Alexander the Great. Each unit may had 3-6 regiments of 512 men to create a center and its wings. In later times when Emperors did not trust native soldiers that number might be the maximum number of the entire unit , especialy if we compare it with the cavalry regiments (of 1200 horsemen) replacement with Alagion of 600 mem maximum.

Foederatus

Hi Guys, so i in turn 365 as the Eastern Franks and the Holy Roman Faction faction switch has happened and a lot of stacks of the Eastern Frankish Empire has besieged a lot of my cities, the problem starts there, i'm can't click anything after i auto-resolve ou fight manually the first battle and if that does not happen after the army does the animation before entering the city the game crashes, does anyone had this problem ?

so about the Late Empire, do we know how many "heavy cavalry" in the like of cataphract and clibanarii were there in both limitanei and comitatenses? Thank you so much for your time

Foederatus

(i'm just putting anything in this one cause i posted twice the same thing by mistake and i don't know how to delete xD)
    Last edited by Gh4m3_Gh0st; May 26, 2021 at 10:48 PM.