Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Centenarius

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Love that Lombard unit cards! well done Anthonius

Autoresolve? Never. I always play all the battles in the game; will do the same with The Great Conflicts mod
    Temporarily retired from modding.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Just finished the last scipting for the first closed beta. Kiev now has a big quest at the beginning too + some fixed issues and a big pagan revolt in it´s midgame events.
    In the End every faction will get partly optional scripts that influences gameplay and embrace historical situation as best as possible. Human Players can decide if they want this quests, or play as they like.
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; April 18, 2019 at 02:53 PM.

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    One thing I realy liked in ETW game was that their UI unit cards had one model that was quite informating of how the unit looks.
    So i tried to make a similar efect in the limitations of M2TW/Kingdoms
    Take a look of the 2nd Ui unit card in the previus post -from the right- that is a archer. The size of his bow unfortunatly does not give enough space to see the body.
    But when you press its info card this is what you see.

It may look quite empty comparing to UI cards that use battle sneakpics as icons but that way a player has all the info (visualy) he needs in detail of how his unit looks like.
    Also...detail in all costs.
    The info card may look a bit bare, but I kinda like it.

I also spotted a small typo: Sagittarii is with only one 'r'.

Medieval 2 Autoresolve is pretty brutal, I basically never use it

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    I also spotted a small typo: Sagittarii is with only one 'r'.
    fixed it

+ found another wrong norman Sagitari

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

This will be refreshing. I admit that I've auto-resolved quite a bit with the newer TW games. I definitely remember playing battles much for frequently in Medieval 2. I remember so many battles where auto-resolve would have lost me the battle, but when I bet on myself, I came out the victor. I look forward to experiencing the field time and time again.

Speaking of battlefield immersion: have you included music and has the battlefield itself been modded (dust,blood, vegetation)?

we have an optional submod of mostly historical music ready. the battlefield uses trees from an older mod for RomeTW - Romas Surrectum II

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    This will be refreshing. I admit that I've auto-resolved quite a bit with the newer TW games. I definitely remember playing battles much for frequently in Medieval 2. I remember so many battles where auto-resolve would have lost me the battle, but when I bet on myself, I came out the victor. I look forward to experiencing the field time and time again.

Speaking of battlefield immersion: have you included music and has the battlefield itself been modded (dust,blood, vegetation)?
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    we have an optional submod of mostly historical music ready. the battlefield uses trees from an older mod for RomeTW - Romas Surrectum II
    As _tartaros_ mentioned when the mod will be publicly released there will be a FLC kind of pack with other music and diferent letter fonts.
    Fonts so far miss some arabic, cyrilic and greek letters in unit descriptions but when this will find a solution the fonts will be available to download to make TGC more personal.
    So far we use a mix of building UI cards from RTW , M2TW and Attila TW game. But we despertly need someone with graphics skills to create a same style building UI cards for all cultures and factions.
    Here is an example:
    Many years ago i cam across with this "Byzantine" fortified" port drawing:

Absinthia created something similar ussing RTW port UI cards.
    But he did not continue...
    Attila buildings have good pictures for churches but aufull for ports.
    Joar for his mod created something closest of what i had in mind:
    Here is an example of Joar's work.

The curent mix of diferent style building UI cards confuses the player since Attila has NOT a building slot diferent UI card for each building (see Joar's example).
    So we need despertly someone with GIMP or Photoshop skills to create a TGC style unique building UI cards like what I do with unit UI cards that follow the same style .
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

as far as i remember there are very few members who can make that task.finix and cedric.

I think it will be a good mod.

Quote Originally Posted by karaislam View Post
    as far as i remember there are very few members who can make that task.finix and cedric.
    Cedric doesn't interest in making building ui cards and finix is pretty much occupied with Attila mod.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I am teribly sorry but i just cam e from hospital.
    I am waiting some blood results and i might need blood transfusion in the week that in infront of us. I may (a slight possibility) to be in hospital in Orthodox Easter too..So I am asking an apologise that the close beta may postponed for a week.
    The good news is that TGC has a close beta forum , but i need some time to finih my work and upload it in order _tartaros_ to create the close beta data that will be common to all beta testers.
    I hope i will avoid that torture being in hospital such holly days..Monday will be a critical day.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

sorry to hear this bad news.get well soon.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Indeed. Be well, brother.

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

I am teribly sorry but i just cam e from hospital.
    I am waiting some blood results and i might need blood transfusion in the week that in infront of us. I may (a slight possibility) to be in hospital in Orthodox Easter too..So I am asking an apologise that the close beta may postponed for a week.
    The good news is that TGC has a close beta forum , but i need some time to finih my work and upload it in order _tartaros_ to create the close beta data that will be common to all beta testers.
    I hope i will avoid that torture being in hospital such holly days..Monday will be a critical day.
    I am really sorry to hear this. Health comes first of course.
    Best wishes!
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Happy Easter everyone using the gregorian calender!

Thanks and same to you! Get well soon Anthonius!

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Get well soon!

Happy Easter everybody with best wishes to Anthonius!

I did not only "stolen" Absinthia's scale textures that he sent me years ago
    i am still working on the new scale texture you ordered. that is if you still need it.
    it did take a while, but it is about 5/6 done. just some shading of the scales left to to make that central nerve.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Sĺ tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der grćd Enker og der grćd Břrn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Řrn.
    Anders Sřrensen Vedel