Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    Well, I will take a look and see if that fixes it. Regardless, I really enjoyed what I have played so far in the campaign. So refreshing to see a well done Dark Ages mod. Only thing that really needs to be changed is the general models on the campaign map, really breaks my immersion to see 15th century knights gallivanting around the map.
    Thank you, many small things are still alpha and not implanted or created right now. but we will slowly patch the versions to a complete mod.

@Hrobatos
    Hotseat is intended. we need the features in TGC´s campaign. It´s important to only lock and play as one faction, otherwise the game will kick you back. we use hotseat, but it feel´s like a normal singleplayer campaign

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Well, I will take a look and see if that fixes it. Regardless, I really enjoyed what I have played so far in the campaign. So refreshing to see a well done Dark Ages mod. Only thing that really needs to be changed is the general models on the campaign map, really breaks my immersion to see 15th century knights gallivanting around the map.
    Lombards, Germans, Croatians, Pechenegs, Magyars, Rus have King, heir , generals and captains that could be used for the final strat_map models.
    Romans have Generals and Captains (Leif Erikson was about to make Emperor and Heir but disapeared three years ago).
    Bulgarians have everything but their full roster being the oldest will be remade to create their own shadow faction like Romans do.
    So when all rosters will be ready it will be easy to make their strat_map models of their characters. The mod needs a long way to be considered complete. Its mainly my fault because after Leif's disapearence (we hope he is OK and watch our progress) i had to deal with deep depresion for many years, a strugle that continues untill right now and its the main cause of my low progress of making new models.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

The fact that the mod is released even in the alpha stage is a testament to your dedication.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    The fact that the mod is released even in the alpha stage is a testament to your dedication.
    Absolutely! It's a marvellous piece of modding.

Ya this mod is awesome, the amount of time that you have stuck with it instead of just giving up like so many other modders is a real inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Absolutely! It's a marvellous piece of modding.
    Ya this mod is awesome, the amount of time that you have stuck with it instead of just giving up like so many other modders is a real inspiration.
    Thank you all for you kind words. But my detication is only a fragment of this -even unfinished - result. The result belongs to all those crazy guys that shared a crazy guy's vision of a mod and became members of a fellowship not just a team. From the very 1st second that Bungarian Total War team accepted to help, to the participation of so many worthy moddders , that actually broke some serius modeling and animation barriers, that had the petience to accept the demands of a crazy guy (like Ceasar Clivus called me back in CBUR times) to the next generation of friends like _tartaros_ , Miquel80 and others , but most of all the faith of those that waited so long.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Would it be possible to post some in-game screenshots of models featuring my latest Islamic/Arabesque shields?

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Would it be possible to post some in-game screenshots of models featuring my latest Islamic/Arabesque shields?
    Soon. I am still working on them.

and that you can play with the portrait of an roman emperor or roman general that is looking like AnthoniusII makes it even better!long live emperor AnthoniusII!lol

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    and that you can play with the portrait of an roman emperor or roman general that is looking like AnthoniusII makes it even better!long live emperor AnthoniusII!lol
    You can find NikeBG , my self , Leif Erikson and _tartaros_ as Roman emperors.
    _tartaros_ and a couple of our friends as Lombard or Croatian characters as well.
    Absinthia is the only one that he has his head fully 3d as Rus Prince.

very nice ! and the portraits are looking good.

Default Re: A central Mediterranean sea conflict mod [title to be decided]

How would I go about changing the HRE event turn activation to something more reasonable? Want to skip 360 turns or so of waiting with West Francia.

it was the historical date. so we take it as a given.
    at which turn are you?
    can you send a post of the map + maybe a savegame to look inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Big_guy_4_you View Post
    How would I go about changing the HRE event turn activation to something more reasonable? Want to skip 360 turns or so of waiting with West Francia.
    But this is the essense of TGC as a mod. We play history as it was not as we would like to be. HRE will be a starting faction in the future Italian Conflicts sub campaign (Pope, Lombards, Normans, Romans, HRE , Chalbids).

yes, same as normans, fatimids and others

I have reached turn 140 as the Roman Empire and I must say I havent had so much fun with a Medieval 2 mod since third age came out. The units and the map are both incredibly beautiful and detailed and so far the game has been stable. Regarding campaign balance (playing H/H) I must say that some factions do struggle a little. For instance bulgaria seems to have no interest in pressuring my northern borders and somehow my diplomatic relationship with them improves randomly even when I take their settlements. The same holds true for the serbians and croatians who are content to remain within their borders. The lombards in southern Italy do a better job of defending themselves but cant seem to launch any considerable offensives at all. I havent had much contact with the eastern franks so i cant say much about them, I guess that will change when push north of Rome.

On the other hand the emirates of sicily and crete do a good job of pressuring me. I was surprised to see that the arabs on crete were able to launch successful naval invasions on my islands with full and diverse armies . The sicilian muslims were also able to cross the straits of messina and attack southern Italy though their armies arent as big as those of crete. Finally the Abassids havent launched any offensives during my playtime though they were able to muster somewhat competent armies to defend their lands, even though Antioch was surprisingly easy to take after I defeated their one full army in Cicilia.

As for the steppe factions, havent had much contact with them since they are north of Bulgaria and Im just moping their last vestiges for resistance (though I must say that their army compositions are quite good with a varied mix of noble and common troops).

Finally I want to congratulate the team for their scripted events, they really make the campaign interesting and can change the course of any military offensives that the player had carefully planned. Just to give an example by turn 60 I was already taking the bulgarian settlements south of preslav and was preparing to enter into thrace when the bogomil uprising happened. That competely took me off guard and subsequent fights depleted my two armies in the area. At the same time the public order penalties of the event prevented me from establishing a foothold in the region and forced me to retreat to thessaly. Only with constant campaigning and huge amount of investment in infraestructure and garrisons was I able to hold those lands, though It took me up to turn 100 to pacify the area.

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    I have reached turn 140 as the Roman Empire and I must say I havent had so much fun with a Medieval 2 mod since third age came out. The units and the map are both incredibly beautiful and detailed and so far the game has been stable. Regarding campaign balance (playing H/H) I must say that some factions do struggle a little. For instance bulgaria seems to have no interest in pressuring my northern borders and somehow my diplomatic relationship with them improves randomly even when I take their settlements. The same holds true for the serbians and croatians who are content to remain within their borders. The lombards in southern Italy do a better job of defending themselves but cant seem to launch any considerable offensives at all. I havent had much contact with the eastern franks so i cant say much about them, I guess that will change when push north of Rome.

On the other hand the emirates of sicily and crete do a good job of pressuring me. I was surprised to see that the arabs on crete were able to launch successful naval invasions on my islands with full and diverse armies . The sicilian muslims were also able to cross the straits of messina and attack southern Italy though their armies arent as big as those of crete. Finally the Abassids havent launched any offensives during my playtime though they were able to muster somewhat competent armies to defend their lands, even though Antioch was surprisingly easy to take after I defeated their one full army in Cicilia.

As for the steppe factions, havent had much contact with them since they are north of Bulgaria and Im just moping their last vestiges for resistance (though I must say that their army compositions are quite good with a varied mix of noble and common troops).

Finally I want to congratulate the team for their scripted events, they really make the campaign interesting and can change the course of any military offensives that the player had carefully planned. Just to give an example by turn 60 I was already taking the bulgarian settlements south of preslav and was preparing to enter into thrace when the bogomil uprising happened. That competely took me off guard and subsequent fights depleted my two armies in the area. At the same time the public order penalties of the event prevented me from establishing a foothold in the region and forced me to retreat to thessaly. Only with constant campaigning and huge amount of investment in infraestructure and garrisons was I able to hold those lands, though It took me up to turn 100 to pacify the area.
    First of all , on behalf of TGC fellowship thank you for you kind words. I feel very sad though because in my campaign i have more than 6 enemies in turn 140!
    Soon reworked Lombards, Venetians and Pope militias will be in the next patch. I have already starting to feel the picture gaps in the old Lombard Principalities with the new looking units to have a glimps of what to expect.

I have a low fever the last day. If things go worst I will upload the new Lombards to allow the continue of development. Let's hope it won't be Corona virus. Mostly I am afraid for my 87 years old mother of mine. I will keep you posted.

all the best

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    I have a low fever the last day. If things go worst I will upload the new Lombards to allow the continue of development. Let's hope it won't be Corona virus. Mostly I am afraid for my 87 years old mother of mine. I will keep you posted.
    Take care Anthonius!
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance