Page 457 of 457 FirstFirst ... 357407432447448449450451452453454455456457
Results 9,121 to 9,136 of 9136

Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Majkl's Avatar Miles

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Merry christams, happy winter solstice to everyone. Forums have been quite latey so I just want to say, that I keep working in the background. Work is very slow, which makes me sad but I keep trying nevertheless. Here are northern_european (franks, moravia), balkan (croatia, serbia, bulgaria) and romaic (roman empire) barracks.
    PS: I found interesting book about military in Ukraine and there was a little bit of info about medieval ages. So I decided to create missing description texts for Kievan Rus units, so basically entire roster.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	baraky_nortehrn_balk_romaic.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	369762

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Merry Christmas and many years to everyone. May the coming year bri g us our dreams

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

@ all merry christmas!

Frohes neues Jahr und viel Glückhappy new year https://www.twcenter.net/forums/memb...790-_Tartaros_

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I was in hospital because i needed blood. Now I came back home and rest a bit. I will try to continue.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

All the best Anthonius wish you all the best getting well.
    What can be done just to get a working campaign as it stands?

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    All the best Anthonius wish you all the best getting well. What can be done just to get a working campaign as it stands?
    As it stands the mod certainly requires a script/codding bug hunder because the campaign -despite it flaws- can run smoothly for several turns and sudenly crash. I am in 265 turn and i can not move forward. The 2nd stage would be the scripter to fix already implemented scripts that require fixing such certain rebelions abd dynasty changes. The rest can be added when i will prtesent the Islamic Factions final rosters.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

So close
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; January 15, 2024 at 06:07 AM.

Majkl's Avatar Miles

Hey guys, little update since its pretty quiet here. I have been struggling financially, almost got homeless few weeks ago. A lot of real life issues brought a lot of stress and seeing how much works needs to be done here I was at one point decided to just give up and forget it. Things are a bit better now, however I can't afford any more strees to be added. So, I decided to return to modding work but only in small steps. Since this mod has more than hundreed individual buildings and seven cultures, so basically around 700+ building icons and one icon can take up to two or three hours of work, it results in huge amount of work, basically thousands of hours. And then there is description pictures to each building. Summa summarum, it's great amount of work and even thinking about it makes feel like give up.

However, I decided to keep working but I more or less started from scratch again. However, in order to make this task easier while retaining quality I decided to make 3 sets of buildings, similar to Barbarian Invasion: 1 set for continental factions (Frankia, Moravia, Balkans and Rus), 1 set for Roman factions (Romans, Lombards, other Italian/Mediterranena factions) and finally one set for Islamic factions. I also plan to use RTW:BI assets. This makes this huge taks a little more bearable and manageable. It is still a lot of work but at least I can see myself finish this one day. And If I truly finish it one day, then I may find more strength to make one set for each individual culture in mod. However, for now, I must make small goals and small steps otherwise I might be too stressed to keep going.

Small preview, how I use Barbarian Invasion assets and try to add my own then it is necessary. I try to keep as close to RTW:BI artistic style as possible. Though it is quite difficult.

Name:	smiths_reqork.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	369968

I'm really sorry to hear you have had some problems mate, I know the feeling. However I'm glad you are continuing to mod. A big thank you for your efforts.

Majkl's Avatar Miles

Thank you! More problems on the horizon but I try to keep positive outlook. Today I made some smaller stuff: 2 icons for "Art" building chain. There was no art buildings in RTW:BI so these I made from scratch. Actual buildings are once again made from diorama's but path is "hand painted" with mouse. Considering I absolutely suck at art I am pretty content with result, although first icon look a bit bare.

Name:	art.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	369971

Love it! I love this in general, but I will play it once the final release is out.

They look great. !!! I have some more health checks to make (i am too old) and if all goes well you will SEE news from me too. Thank you my friend.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    They look great. !!! I have some more health checks to make (i am too old) and if all goes well you will SEE news from me too. Thank you my friend.
    good news, @AnthoniusII!

Please wellcome Majkl into the TGC fellowship. He will add his efforts to complete this mod and help me keep my promise to all of you that petienly waiting all these years.

I still love this mod so I will download the finish version when it is completed to the fullest.