Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

As promised:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Thanks!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    The misunderstanding lies on the term Stratiotae.
    We know that in 1025 Basill II had prepaired an army of 180000 soldiers with 800 transport and 400 military ships to campaign to Italy.
    When a Thema (province) had 12000 stratiotae ment that it had 12000 proffesional soldiers NOT including the militias that in TGC are the levies and scutatoi. 95% of proffesional soldiers were cavalry men.
    Basill II was an exeption though. He was a great reformer . After his death decline started. In 1204 the Empire had only 25 ships! Compare the number hith the ones i mentioned above.
    Westrern historians often tent to degrease "Byzantine" numbers but too often they over exaturate about Clasic Roman ones. Still in the west historians see Middle Ages Roman Empire as something with no significant. Luckily that starts to change:
    Here is an announvement of a future book release by mr R.Damato. Nottice its title.
    Thank you for explaining the numbers. I am thrilled to see the Roman Empire still so strong after so many setbacks. Roman Empire is truly the force of nature, a will to power

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

We know that in 1025 Basill II had prepaired an army of 180000 soldiers with 800 transport and 400 military ships to campaign to Italy.
    How do we know it?

Thanks!
    You are welcome.
    I was wondering when I would see any of my contributions in-game.

Any other assignments?
    It's fun making them.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    How do we know it?
    Because AnthoniusII was there of course

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    How do we know it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Because AnthoniusII was there of course
    Ofcourse I was there! Remember that my first signature in TWC was "Member of the Roman Nobility"
    Seriously now. We know by the Voioannes Italian Campaign description. That man with the rank of Excubitus was sent by Basill II to co-ordinate the campaign against the Arabs in Sicily and later against the Lombards and Normans.
    With the death of Basill II the reinforcements were canceled and were sent much less troops and the campaign went badly for Roman interests.
    Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    You are welcome.
    I was wondering when I would see any of my contributions in-game.
    Soon.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Ofcourse I was there! Remember that my first signature in TWC was "Member of the Roman Nobility"
    Seriously now. We know by the Voioannes Italian Campaign description. That man with the rank of Excubitus was sent by Basill II to co-ordinate the campaign against the Arabs in Sicily and later against the Lombards and Normans.
    With the death of Basill II the reinforcements were canceled and were sent much less troops and the campaign went badly for Roman interests.

Soon.

Is the account got translated in English? I am curious to see the account of that campaign

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

We know by the Voioannes Italian Campaign description. That man with the rank of Excubitus was sent by Basill II to co-ordinate the campaign against the Arabs in Sicily and later against the Lombards and Normans.
    I'm also interested in this account but rather a paper / book containing assessment what is credible and what is not in this account. I think Treadgold considers it credible.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

some screens from the script tests:

together with the new alliance, a magyars raid deep into the bulgarian heartlands follows (historical bulgarian defeat of simeon I at drastar). this raiding event also triggers in return the pecheneg invasion into magyars homeland - leading into the replacement of the magyars there.

for the bulgarian player, this raid will be more serious.
    currently create the scriptlines and events for them.

if someone has historical pictures from the events (besides the wikipedia ones) - i´m interesting to stuff the eventmessages up with historical paintings or pictures.
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; June 27, 2020 at 03:32 AM.

If possible add + authority points to Roman Emperor if he desides to change the trade customs .
    If he refuses _ authority points.
    The delima will be a war against Bulgarians or local uprissings ! That was the real delima anyway back then!

mhh, i could link it with a hidden trait.
    should be possible

local uprisings?
    ok, which areas? how serious?

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    mhh, i could link it with a hidden trait.
    should be possible

local uprisings?
    ok, which areas? how serious?
    If he refuses (The Roman Emperor to change the trade customs he will face uprissings mainly in Asia Minor (it was always the primary source of rebelions and starting points of new emperors).
    How serius? If there will be no shadow faction apeared (it apears so far with certain events or low authority) then shadow faction.
    If shadow faction will be already exist then a general may live the loyalits party and join the ususrpers or become real rebel and attack the nearest city.
    EDIT: Jurcek1987 agreed to help us with the characters strat_map models.
    I un locked the vanilla data and saw the vanilla models and the textures they use.
    On those examples i will make a fast pack with already existing characters to create the strat_map models of theirs.
    So far we have: all necessary characters exept diplomats for (king/heir/general/captain) :
    HRE
    East Frankia
    Magyars
    Pechenegs
    Rus
    Normans
    Croatia
    Turcomans and soon for Lombards , Pope and Venice.
    Romans do not have King and Heir (it was just the momment Leif Eriskon simply disapeared)
    Question:
    Characters are by faction or culture?
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; June 29, 2020 at 08:08 AM.

we´ve put in the shadowfactionspawn very late, between turn 390-410.
    i´m very pro to bring up this events earlier for the two big factions. turn 88 seems fine to me for the first chance. once the shadow factions are established they are permanent danger.

edit: characters can be set up per faction in the descr_character.txt
    great news btw - hope we can change vanilla stratmapmodels soon
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; June 29, 2020 at 05:18 PM.

The diplomats will be military men but instead holding a sword they will hold a papyrus.
    I had this in mind :

But using the generals strat_map model modified they can share the same texture as well!

Gendarme della Laguna Veneta in action. The romano-phrygian helmet and the shoulders best placement was a big trouble.

More to come soon. I am boiling in my house without air-condition in 40C!

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

That graphics looks really good on your pc!
    New machine or do you use some shader?

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    That graphics looks really good on your pc!
    New machine or do you use some shader?
    No the machine is 14 years old . My card is GTX-660 and i use 1920x1080 resolution.
    In fact the quality of the skins is ON the skins originaly made by Leif Eriskon, Matthaeus, Pacco, Absinthia , Koultouras etc. Since their apsent though I cut pieces and make my own versions.
    10 days ago a strom fried my PSU and my ethenet "door" . The technician installed a new PSU with all corona virus precuations but then a motherboard issue emerged but the technician is now on the vacation.
    Back to graphics in the game's settings i have everything on highest but Nvidia sugests not touse Ploom so i do not use it. The shiny parts on the textures are shiny on the skins.

Oh no! Does that mean all your work is gone? Also, surge protectors are valuable!

Hoping for the best!
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102