Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

TGC starts just the day the Islamic expansion in easter Sicily begines. So Eastern Sicely has still Roman population while the western one has already dominated by the Islamic culture.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

So you'll be using Greek names for the settlements on the Eastern halve of the island then?

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil 03 View Post
    So you'll be using Greek names for the settlements on the Eastern halve of the island then?
    Not exactly. Historical accuracy does not nesseseraly depends of how you name Bari (Medieval Roman name Varion). Historical accuracy is how you show an entire world withing its cultural, political and military simularities and diferences.
    For example you will nottice that there is not a non ellite sword unit in Roman roster but there are such ones in others. Such "details" show how a spesific army of that time was focusing in its own prospective oof warfare.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I said that because of your statement about the local population. If that's the base for how you name the settlements, wouldn't it be more logical to stick to it not only for mid-campaign name changes, but also for the starting names?

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil 03 View Post
    I said that because of your statement about the local population. If that's the base for how you name the settlements, wouldn't it be more logical to stick to it not only for mid-campaign name changes, but also for the starting names?
    Islamic settlements and German ones have their native names.
    Local population serves an other purpose. Since day 1 of TW games the conqueror could have its own units based on the buildings he found in it. So in a rather magical way the population that lived before in that region simply disapeared. We wanted to change that. We wanted to show that local population had two choices: 1st To rebel and 2nd to cooperate with the new ruler. Both options are in the mod thanks to a single local unit per culture or per region. The new ruler builds buildings of his culture and attracts population of his kind and so his influence growns year by year. After a point those settlers can give same recruits of the new ruler. Since that momment the new ruler can apeal to the local population to draft and be part of the new political scene in the region (exactly as it happened/happens and will happen in human history).

That's true, and I'm looking forward to finally see an AOR system affected by religious/cultural conversion in both ways, not just one-sidedly.

Ave Anhonius, and GCT community. Hope this mod is released soon. As I can see from the Previous, is going great.

In Byg's mods it is possible to relocate population from one settlement to another by recruitting units (which will decrease the city's population) and then disband them in the desired city (which will increase the city's population). Is this a feature you have considered and also in relation to the problem of culture in newly conquered settlements?
    Furthermore, will the deployment of clerics in newly conquered regions affect the cultural level?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

the problem with disbanding soldiers is, that population of a settlement is something different. that´s the reason me2tw disband this feature from rtw.
    populations in towns are man, woman, kids and elderly. if you disband a unit, you disband 100% man (even if CA want´s to sell us something different nowadays).

tbqh, As the Eastern Romans, I would love to have an option ingame to separate or not separate from the Catholic church.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    tbqh, As the Eastern Romans, I would love to have an option ingame to separate or not separate from the Catholic church.
    Even in 1057AD there was not such a delima because there WAS NOT a Catholic Church (actually its official name is RomaioCatholic Church).
    The Schism gave no choice to Romans (not Eastern Romans but Romans) because the Schism was a direct violetion of the 1st Council's Degree were the Roman Emperor was the Head of the Church and Faith's Protector and Pope had no right to disobey Emperor's Orders. The schism was more a political rather than a religius separation. Pope actually DENIED Roman Emperor's Authority and that was an act of war.
    It was Pope that left the "Catholic" Church (Catholic as translated with the Greek term in the 1st Council of Nikaea that means one and undivided) in 1057 , not the other way... That was the timke that "officialy" the REST of the Apostolic Patriarchees (Alexandreia, Jerousaleem and Antioch) declared Pope as Heretic and named the Official Roman Dogma "Orthodox" by the Greek translation "The Correct Dogma".
    See this US video. Its related to this mod because Mount Athos became a Monastic place organised by St Athanasius Agiorites that recieved funds by Emperor Nikephorus Phokas that wrote to St Athanasius that when the legitimate Emperors would take their power in their hands he will leave the Army and will become a simple Monk. When Emperor Ioannes Tzimiskes assasinated hin he was sleeping on the floor of his bedroom wearing a monk's tunic not any imperial silk!
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; February 05, 2019 at 05:17 AM.

tartaros byg circumvent this by his system of assigning a number representing exactly what you point out. So, generally a unit of heavy cavalry takes up '4' (400 individuals) in the unit pool system to account for the fact that a knight has a following of squires, helpers, women and whatever else a knight brought along with him to function as a ready soldier. The system may be a bit flawed tbh, but the idea is very good and i think enjoyable that you have the power to influence the population state of a settlement actively.
    I am not a historian of any sort but didnt states do this back in the day alot? that is, rewarding their soldiers land after military service, probably for the reason i point out, which is the need to boom the population with reliable people at the edge of the empire/kingdom. Moreover the effect of the system also means that one's armies will be more realistic with foot soldiers instead of 20 stacks of heavy cav.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsel View Post
    tartaros byg circumvent this by his system of assigning a number representing exactly what you point out. So, generally a unit of heavy cavalry takes up '4' (400 individuals) in the unit pool system to account for the fact that a knight has a following of squires, helpers, women and whatever else a knight brought along with him to function as a ready soldier. The system may be a bit flawed tbh, but the idea is very good and i think enjoyable that you have the power to influence the population state of a settlement actively.
    I am not a historian of any sort but didnt states do this back in the day alot? that is, rewarding their soldiers land after military service, probably for the reason i point out, which is the need to boom the population with reliable people at the edge of the empire/kingdom. Moreover the effect of the system also means that one's armies will be more realistic with foot soldiers instead of 20 stacks of heavy cav.
    Byg's mod does not fit to TGC as it was build to be.

Hi, crossbows in this timeframe shouldn't have stirrups, It was later (late 12th century) invention.
    Probably there were two ways to spanning 10-12th century crossbows - one while staying (for lighter crossbows) and another while laying (for stronger crossbows, as It was described in Alexiad. This way is same as spanning ancient Chinese crossbows).
    I'm not sure how you are skilled in adding new animations but It will be great to show historicaly accurate methods. Is It possible?

And one more thing - there is no evidence that gambesons were in use in that time, at least not in western/central Europe (for ex. Germany). Probably gambesons start to be common on battlefields only in late 12th century and allow infantrymen to use two handed weapons cause gambesons provided enough protection against most projectiles, axes and sword cuts.
    Last edited by Wareg; February 10, 2019 at 05:06 PM.

i'm pretty shure there were other types of quilted protection long before gambesons.

I just recently found out about this mod. Can somebody tell me where can i find the information about playable factions?

Quote Originally Posted by dabela View Post
    I just recently found out about this mod. Can somebody tell me where can i find the information about playable factions?
    1: Roman Empire
    2: Rebels of Roman Empire (shadow faction)
    3: Bulgarians
    4: Rebels of Bulgarians (shadow faction).
    5: Kalbids/Kalbid Emirate of Sicily (emerging faction)
    6: Emirate of Chandax
    7: Lombardic league
    8: Kievan Vikings
    9: Normans (emerging faction)
    10: Turcomans (emerging faction)
    11: Magyars
    12: Petzenegs (emerging faction)
    : Croatia
    14: Abasids/Abasid Caliphate
    15: Tulunids/Tulunid Emirate of Egypt
    16: Fatimids/Fatimid Caliphate (emerging faction)
    : Aghlabids/Aghlabid Emirate of Ifriqya
    18: Kingdom of East Franks
    19: Holy Roman Empire Replaces Kingdom of Franks.
    20: Great Moravia
    21: Serbia
    22: Minor "rebel" states.
    23: Pope's dominion (non- playable).
    24: Venice
    (emerging faction)

Is the start of the Beta still February 30th? If so, when and how do I sign up for participation?

Yes, it's official date. If not, than February 31st will be definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    i'm pretty shure there were other types of quilted protection long before gambesons.
    Any evidence to support this?