Thread: Macedonia

Default Macedonia

I am making a mod for RTW where the main game is around mainly the Macedonians (Greeks also as I like them ). This game uses a mod switch so none of your original RTW files will be affected. I have cut out a portion of the map, and must finish text editing before i can run my first test on the new mod. Screens come later. If any problems occur I'll inform you. If I complete the beta mod I want to know how to put on website and put into setup.exe installation. If someone can make tutorial for that great! I making the mod on RTW 1.5 gold edition, if beta comes out I'd like people to inform me errors and if it works on any other version of RTW.

It'll be my first mod for RTW and I'd appreciate any help I can get.
    Link to my youtube channel as you can see I made Dragon Ball Z AMV's aswell.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Shadowplight

Progress will be steady as I have to go school aswell, though I ain't putting any new factions in or units in. May try and edit units a little bit but don't have right tools for that.

Default Re: Macedonia

Moved the the appropriate forum.

Sadly its taking longer to sort out desc_strat than i first intended the co-ordinates are tricky. I'm using gimp so I think I have to do a calculation of how to get the right co-ordinates, since RTW reads the y axis from the bottom upwards whilst gimp reads the y axis top downwards. The calculation I think I have to use in the map size 111 84, is 83-y of the co-ordinates taken from the map. If it was 26 23, it would be 83-23 to get the co-ordinates 26 20 which would be put in descr_strat.

Here is picture of shortcut sorry only pic I have at the moment.

Thought the mods name was macedonia and then you have like Viking equipmen? Should there be like a spear and a greek helmet instead?
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by jakobh94 View Post
    Thought the mods name was macedonia and then you have like Viking equipmen? Should there be like a spear and a greek helmet instead?
    I may change shortcut if you think it is not suitable. I need good picture to replace it with though I'll look into it now.

thks for feedback

New shortcut. When looking through the files even deeper this is what shortcut I managed to make.

Preview of map i am trying to work.
    Last edited by Amroth; February 13, 2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: dp

looks good, i love the new shortcut, it got the right spirit.
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

Edward lV's Avatar Campidoctor

if you want an easier way of finding the cowardinates flip the map_regions file horizontaly and use the new cowardinate

I'll bear it in mind if what I'm doing doesn't work.

Some news on my progress:
    Enabled custom battles on seperate mod switch (works)
    Able to change unit formations, stats etc. on mod switch custom battles ( no idea if it works like that on a campaign battle yet, need my campaign working first)
    Some progress on desrc_strat (I think, depends if co-ordinates work on new map)
    Thinking about changing the user interface etc. loading screens
    Hope all works or I may.....

the coordinates are easy if you know how trust me

Try opening the console panel on your campaign

console can be opened by pressing "~" (without the air quotes )
    If this button doesn't work , you could try this button : "²" or "³" .. if that doesn't work ,try every button on your keyboard when the console opens (RomeShell) , type show_cursorstat , when your mouse is on a town . This will give you the right coörds for the town ..
    Another thing usefull for mapping is the command : "toggle_fow" (without quotes ) This will show you the whole map . be sure to un-do it (just type it again in the command line) before pressing end-turn , as it will take a long time if you see all of the AI's movements
    Btw , that shortcut looks great , map's also nice

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

Looks pretty good. I wish you luck.

Thks for the heart warming comments

Here is thread to how i put custom battles on using a mod switch if your intrested.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...33#post4449133

Also I shall show you one of my loading screens, which I recently made.
    Last edited by theinherator; February 14, 2009 at 09:40 AM.

Hiya, i`m helping with the screens ( Loading ones ofc) in this mod. ....cus i`m the inherators bro and i felt like helping.

:hmmm: