Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: Creating a World – Adding a new Faction

Default Re: Creating a World – Adding a new Faction

Nothing works...but i dont want to delete and start again, little bit and new faction is finished. So i give up, deleting family, make them all younger and leaving to game to generate new princesses. Many thanks for trying to help me! Without your help, all will never made my mod alive.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar Ι nσis que vτa bruxγo!

allow me to disagree with Giganthus in every of the many times he said in this thread that one cant edit file by file and test one by one while implementing a new faction.

Thats exactly what I did and it worked pretty fine. I even followed the sequence of files presented in the tutorial of this thread.

You just need to double your attention for files like for example descr_character.txt and descr_models_strat.txt cause these files are directly linked and often require editing in both in order to make the game work.

The majority of the files are independent and can be edited and tested alone.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; January 01, 2024 at 08:45 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Thanks for the feed back.

What I meant was that you need to have all files in place\edited for the new faction to work. You can't simply add a faction in descr_sm_factions and descr_strat only and test, that will just crash. You can however edit all the other files mentioned in any order you want, and still run your mod, before implementing those two, with attention to descr_character and descr_model_strat, as leo mentioned, as they are interdependent by default.

I mean for example how do you test if the data\text files have all it's correct entries (crash potential) without having a viable faction? And with the faction ready to go there are multiple files where an error (that you can't test for otherwise for functionality) might lead to a crash.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar Ι nσis que vτa bruxγo!

I see now gig thanks for clarifying.

In fact I used TATW as basis wich is already a working mod so everything is in place.