Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: THERA my thanks

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: THERA my thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sander View Post
    I began playing the total war series on Medieval, so I didn't really get to meet the romans. And yes, I was talking about a medieval italian republic.
    you could hire some medici mercenaries and fake that you are playing as milan

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

Default Honor To O'Neill

A little something, something for the great man O'Neill. More soon.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The fire sent sparks dancing into the night sky, and shadows crawling over the ring of men who sat around the blaze. Patrick O’Neill watched the men he had gathered around the fire this night, each man ready to give his life for the land they so loved. The moon cast its cold light down, warring with the bright flames as Patrick spoke.
    ‘Tomorrow we fight for what is ours; we the Gaelic have given our blood to this land. Our women have birthed our sons into this world, we have placed our dead back into the rich soil’ as Patrick spoke each man hung on every word, his strong features moving in and out of the shadows as the fire was pulled in time with the nights wind. ‘The Avalon think they can stroll into our lands and take what they want, you all well know the saying’ Patrick spoke in the old tongue ‘Is ladarna gach cù air a shitig fhèin’ switching back to common he repeated it ‘Every dog is bold on his own midden, these Avalon dogs are very bold in their own lands and now they seek to continue that boldness in ours.’ Muttering from the men gathered slowly died as Patrick again spoke.
    ‘Tomorrow the Avalon will feed the land with their blood and their screams shall echo from the hills, take rest now men for come morning you’ll need your strength.’ With that the men rolled over into cloaks as Patrick sat and watched the night sky, flames dancing in his eyes.

Morning came as dark clouds hung heavy over the hills and dark valleys leading to Atha Righ, Patrick stood lost in thought as the grass whipped around his legs. Sudden beams of sunlight assaulted the landscape before retreating back behind the clouds, rain would soon come, Patrick thought to himself as his men broke camp, the faint sounds drifting up before being stolen away by the stiff breeze. They would catch the Avalon in the valleys before they reached Atha Righ, one battle to end the Avalon’s dreams of conquest or so Patrick hoped, he had gathered every able man he could and he would need them if the rumors were right. A single spy had returned from the lands of the Avalon, having sent five, the man reported that the King could be leading the Avalon in this invasion. King Henry, Patrick’s hands tightened on the grip of his two handed sword, the tip resting in the thick grass, to kill the king would end the Avalon’s incursions for years to come. Time to move, he thought as the clouds finally started to pound the ground with fat drops of rain.

Henry King of the Avalon rode next to Gawain of Glastonbury, the rain hammering down on the men making it hard to hear what Gawain was saying,
    ‘My lord we will pass through the next set of hills and down a valley, which will bring us out just near Atha Righ. The Gaelic will surly piss their breeches when they find themselves facing us.’ Henry just nodded, already knowing the path they would take from the maps he’d studied the night before. He just hoped the damn Gaelic would actually notice them in this rain, the men who trudged by were nothing more than hazy shapes. Gawain continued speaking,
    ‘The men have already build ladders and will be ready to storm the walls as soon as we arrive. This time tomorrow my lord we will be sitting in the halls of Atha Righ drinking wine and having our way with their women.’
    ‘There will be no rape or murder of the innocents; we will need the population to work for us not against us. Am I understood?’ asked Henry, his voice cutting clearly through the downpour,
    ‘Yes my lord.’ Murmured Gawain, disappointment clear on his face. Henry paid no regard to this, he thought the future and wouldn’t let a few moment of stupidity ruin the chance for the Avalon to rule the isles. The hills appeared out of the gloom before them as the long line of men began to move forward, soon the Gaelic will taste Avalon Steel and be crushed under the heels of his soldiers, despite the rain Henry was looking forward to this campaign.
    Last edited by Borissomeone; March 16, 2010 at 07:05 PM.

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Honor To O'Neill

That was a great short story Boris. And I am also very much impressed by The First O'Neill in both his outstanding work (along with Caki's Romans) and his extreme generosity.

Thanks O'Neill!

Another awesome story, mate! TFON deserves any tribute we can give him.

I, for one, welcome our new O'Neiliean overlord.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

bless you all, credit needs to go to the entire team, and to all the contributors to this forum, without your input and support the mod wouldnt have gotten this far

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Honor is all yours my friend, without you and your leadership this mod will never exist.

Last edited by Tzar; March 14, 2010 at 12:00 AM.
    The House of Wilpuri ~ Proud Patron of: The Noble Lord & Sumskilz

All hail High King O'Neill! Master of War! Father of Thera! And God among Gods! Let this day forevermore be dedicated to his inexhaustible honor! And let this day ring true for all mortals in his realm! For O'Neill! For Thera! For the Lao Che and Reich! For Humanity!

I gotta say O'Neil, My hat is off to you, but I cant say anything that hasn't already been said.
    My A-list of mods to play
    Lord of the Rings total war
    Thera Legacy of the Great Torment
    End of Days and its sequel
    Third Age total war, similar to Lord of the rings total war
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP
    Bringing the light of God(Canadian) Emperor to the fringes of TWC

Everyone who has helped with this mod deserves to have a story written about them, mind you Caki is already in my Thera tale. And Tzar will live on in the fine sigs he made. More soon about Patrick O'Neill and his battle to save his lands.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Can't wait to hear them Boris.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

yeah I'm still trying to find my jaw on the ground after it dropped off following my first experience of this mod. It's gotta be here... somewhere...
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

UPDATED FIRST POST WITH MORE....all hail O'Neill.

I like the way you captured the Gaelic and especially the Avalon way of mind!

a good story my friend, sorry i was not able to say so sooner, my personal life has kept me from getting on the twc of late.

oh and all hail O'Neill creator of the best m2tw kingdoms mod

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    I like the way you captured the Gaelic and especially the Avalon way of mind!
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post
    a good story my friend, sorry i was not able to say so sooner, my personal life has kept me from getting on the twc of late.

oh and all hail O'Neill creator of the best m2tw kingdoms mod
    All good friend, I hope things are well with your wife and unborn baby. I know how busy things can get with a family on the way. Your feed back is always welcome.

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    bless you all, credit needs to go to the entire team, and to all the contributors to this forum, without your input and support the mod wouldnt have gotten this far
    Dude- thanks for another Thera- you rock!
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

Ruckulf's Avatar Semisalis

This mod has truly earned the prestigious:

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

TFO! I missed the release and you didn't bother PMing me? I would be mad but how could I be. Will download soon. Great work to you, Tzars beautiful work man, and to the rest of the team thank you! I guess I had my head up my ass and missed the announcment. lol

y

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by y2day View Post
    TFO! I missed the release and you didn't bother PMing me? I would be mad but how could I be. Will download soon. Great work to you, Tzars beautiful work man, and to the rest of the team thank you! I guess I had my head up my ass and missed the announcment. lol

y

I was just sending you a PM when I saw this post, Thanks for the encouragement mate, you are a gentleman.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :