Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: THERA my thanks

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Default Re: THERA my thanks

Good man Once they are done, I will PM you screenies before they are unveiled

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

oooh thanks

I still love this mod!
    http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Dark11
    Click the link above and Join eRepublik today its FREE and FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by dark11 View Post
    just throwing my 2 cents in...
    But i think it'd be cool to see the factions such as the Hispanic tribes or men of wotan, appear more barbaric much of a conan style feel, this would add to the culture and atmosphere what do others think?
    This is happening to a degree in version 3, Hispanics and Valhalla will have amuch 'earlier' feel

Quote Originally Posted by dark11 View Post
    I still love this mod!
    Thank you for your ongoing support
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; October 05, 2009 at 06:09 PM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for all that hard work!
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Onyxja's Avatar Libertus

Im kind of new to tw i got medival two weeks ago and i played normal for a half week played other mods the rest of the week then i found this and have played it the whole week and i can't stop playing but the only factions i think is really special and good is dominion.romuli and loa che the other factions i feel more meh to but i trust that you will make the other factions more special in ver 3 but they are still good.

Best mod Good work

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxja View Post
    Im kind of new to tw i got medival two weeks ago and i played normal for a half week played other mods the rest of the week then i found this and have played it the whole week and i can't stop playing but the only factions i think is really special and good is dominion.romuli and loa che the other factions i feel more meh to but i trust that you will make the other factions more special in ver 3 but they are still good.

Best mod Good work
    Thanks for the feedback. One of the aims was to be able to play different eras/cultures. So there was requirement for their to be some almost vanilla factions, Avalon/Bon Chevaliers being examples. And the meso american type factions are now available to play against medieval type factions which you couldnt do in the kingdoms campagin, they also have some new units.

I am happly withthe balance, as I want there to be enough diversity to attract a wide range of players. I hope this will be further improved in V3
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; October 22, 2009 at 03:14 PM.

Onyxja's Avatar Libertus

when i say meh to the factions i think they need a special unit i mean dominion have uruks romani have legioners loa che have samurais it would be cool if privateers have serpant units to represent there gods hydra would be cool but that is mayby too fantasy like you say you wanna make all people happy but privateers should have atleast one unit representing pirates (i think)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxja View Post
    when i say meh to the factions i think they need a special unit i mean dominion have uruks romani have legioners loa che have samurais it would be cool if privateers have serpant units to represent there gods hydra would be cool but that is mayby too fantasy like you say you wanna make all people happy but privateers should have atleast one unit representing pirates (i think)
    Indeed the balance between complete fantasy is a very fine one. As for the Pirates, hang around for V3 there is a unit I think you will like

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Onyxja's Avatar Libertus

double post

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Must... wait... can't noo
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; October 22, 2009 at 04:11 PM.

Onyxja shhhhhh

I prefer this mod to all others. The Romans and Lao Che a truly epic.

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

This mod has surprised me - I have been aware of it for awhile, but dubious as to its quality. I am now impressed by three things - the map, the depth of each faction's unit roster, and the back story to this mod. Is the background completely original? I actually found myself being sympathetic to the Uruks when I read their tale! This mod reminds me of something like a Hyborian epic setting (Conan the Barbarian) rather than a real world or cliché fantasy setting. Most importantly, this mod is fun to play. Thank you for your hard work, I hope I obsess as much about the strategic machinations of my AI enemies in this mod as I do in my other favorites. My first impression is that their is surprising depth here - that this mod is a game where you want to try out a dozen different factions. I truly hope that this proves to be the case, since that would put you guys in some elite company.
    Good luck and thank you!

Thank you for your feedback, story of Thera is orginal, or rather it is a collection of my favorite elements from folklore, history and a myriad of other different influences.

Version 3 will add further depth to the immersion levels of Thera, the removal of all the Vanilla UI references, will give the factions a much clearer persona.

IrishMADNESS's Avatar Libertus

Wow the first time i even began my clicking adventures in this forum i didn't know how deep some of these mods get......this is really fantastic mod and I thank you and the team for your guys awesome imagination....I wish I had one this good

Onyxja's Avatar Libertus

I want ver 3 before one month or im going to kill my self ask yourself is it really worth it.

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

I've already said what an amazing mod this is before, but I feel the need to say again how great it is and i can't wait for the next version to be ready. Thera is a land of rich cultures and for me a place of wild imagination. To the team a big thanks.

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

I also fell the the need to reiterate my love of this mod. This is the best mod for Total war yet.

will merchants be included in vers 3 cause I actually think that they add a grade of depth to the game. if you use merchants correctly you can get some pretty good income coming in. Btw wheres the greek fire????? I mean it suits thera like a fine tailored Suit. I miss watching my enemies fryed to a crisp.

No merchants will not be in version 3, people have commented on AI turn length, and they only increase this.