Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV symbol and GUI pack (now in > BB 4.01)

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

Default Re: TOKUS' art*patcher for DLV 6.2 - The veiled shadow returns...

Really looking forward to another Tokus art masterpiece!

Being Norwegian I feel the need to give some comments on the links from Willie:

"Illustrasjoner til Snorres kongesagaer" refers to the huge work of stories about the royal line in the middle ages in Norway.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snorre_Sturlason

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2h7YUWQhK2...colai_Arbo.jpg

This is the battle of Stamford bridge 1066. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stamford_Bridge

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2h7YUWQhK2...v-eriksson.jpg

This one's very famous, most know it as "Leiv Eriksson discovers Vinland". Vinland is also known as America. So there!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinland

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2h7YUWQhK2...s_d_d_1859.jpg

This is a really good one, the title refers to the death of king Olav "the Holy" at Stiklestad in 1030.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stiklestad

So, a lot of really good pictures there, the Arbo paintings in particular, but some are kind of over the top, helmets with *huge* horns etc and I think they give a wrong impression what Vikings looked like.

I'm sure I can dig up some info on other pics if you are interested in some more background on them
    Last edited by Shadrach; October 19, 2009 at 10:19 AM.

The Danes, I swear, with their half arsed attempts at a 'war'. You gotta give it to 'em, they just dont stop trying. Listen, I've fought the Timurids, ever heard of them? Elephants with cannons on their backs. Yea, Timurids. You guys are like kids on tricycles compared to them. -REZ

Default Re: TOKUS' art*patcher for DLV 6.2 - The veiled shadow returns...

Thank you - good links there. That's food for thought when I revamp the Norwegian events. I have done the symbol, there's room on the GUI for them all - just needs someone to do the cooridnates methinks.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: TOKUS' art*patcher DLV 6.2 - in DLVelopment...

Are you adding Quote too? Those text which are there during bloody sword -loading. If not, then do you know where it can be added?
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Wille Sir!

I was only doing graphical ch-ch-changes - hadn't thought of changing the quotes. Maybe Harry Lime might know? As for my 6.2 progress; it's faction symbols first! Each morning before heading out for the studio I do an hour or so of new DLV symbol work. At the moment I'm redoing all the strat map symbols from scratch, totally fresh in a higher resolution. Then, once I've nailed them, all the actual shield and banner faction symbols are getting totally revamped 2.0 reboot style; both GUI and then all roll-over buttons. The juice up some of the event pics. Freshen up the loading splash screen and menu screen. Then... the main event - a full working battlefield banner set in the DLV faction colours with crisp new symbols and vet' flags. That's the loose plan. It's all being hindered (ironically) by me playing 6.2 like a maaad junkie just got outta rehab! The first new patcher will be the symbols, sometime. Good to be back. Great to enjoy bona fide 6.2

-- Tokus*Eventicus
    (Event Maniac)

I feel stupid for asking but where is the download link?

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

That's because you are stupid for asking! Your instincts are apparently quite clever though (only joking of course)

Tokus has not released his latest masterstroke of intoxicating(ed) genius yet!

Damn! though, cos like you, I really want to see this new stuff he's working on

LOL I know what happened I saw Tokus updated the thread the 15th but the #3 post by Agis said he was downloading I didn't look at the date on that post back in Feb LOL DOH

Just working my way through again from the start; the strat map symbols in higher res first. Will test soon and present before moving onto the refresh of the actual symbol sets. However, 6.2 is so much fun to enjoy again it's taking up a lot of time, heh.

Tokoid

I totally understand that, DLV addicted I am, I down loaded and tried the Rusichi mod today and the entire time I was playing it all I could think was this is nice but its not DLV

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What do you think of the quality... Interested in this ( as the picture for Hagia sophia or as a loading picture)?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If I ask nice, then probably this too:

or
    This size:

or
    or
    or
    or
    or or

Would be pretty neat to use this as the new hour glass

If you ask: No I did not make em, and yes I got permission for the Hagia picture now.

-BL-W
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; November 08, 2009 at 04:19 AM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.

This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Agis Tournas's Avatar ★ Modder-at-Arms ★

Just a small correction. The minarets at the Agia Sophia were constructed by the Turks long after the conquest of Constantinople in 1453.
    So, it is historically wrong to have a picture of Agia Sophia with minarets in the timeframe the game is based (1180-1630).
    Cheers
    Agis
    A mini-mod is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!

Son of Agisilaos / Grandson of jimkatalanos / Great-grandson of Garbarsardar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

ahhhh... so the towers and moons should not be there, deam.... Well, worth a try

BL-W

It is a GREAT picture and I could make (with some photoshop) a copy without the minarets - if you want...
    Last edited by Agis Tournas; November 08, 2009 at 01:19 PM.
    A mini-mod is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

That would be super.

Help..!

Got to the end of my huge hi-res symbol search for the factions... Just doing the rebels now, but before thme I've the Desert tribes and Armenia to sort. ARMENIA - Struggling to find a good symbol or any high resolution... Armenia seems to had suffered a numbers of political / dynastic changes in the early middle ages... Getting a good coat of arms or heraldric device of it is tricky. Any of you chaps got any good ones?

-- Tokus

You can check this one...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenia...dom_of_Cilicia
    Cheers
    Agis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Easy pickings, without even checking it out - i know where. Let me get back to this when i get home, so you might aswell list up everything else

Quote Originally Posted by Blackleaf-Wille View Post
    Easy pickings, without even checking it out - i know where. Let me get back to this when i get home, so you might aswell list up everything else
    Thanks Wille,

- T

Quote Originally Posted by Blackleaf-Wille View Post
    Are those pictures wrong..?
    (I honestly don't know much about Armenia)

Quote Originally Posted by Agis Tournas View Post
    You can check this one...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenia...dom_of_Cilicia
    Cheers
    Agis
    Yep, I got it Agis, thank you. It's a red lion with a crown looking west, the time period is about right. The Armenia flag changes quite a bit prior and after so wanted to check with the gang before I offend some folk and spark and international incident or sumthin' - T